Pizza Thread

Creamy Arty

Pretty simple topic here: how do you like your pizza? Pizza is serious business and tastes in it are very different. For some people it's all about the toppings, while for others the type of crust makes all the difference. And then there are those who care just as much about both or don't care much about either, because they love and will eat anything. :P

My preferences have changes a lot since I was a kid. Back then I preferred deep dish or pan crusts, whereas these days I'm all about the thin crust. Toppings should ALWAYS include copious amounts of mushrooms because mushrooms are the best thing in the universe, and you know it. :V

Other good toppings for me includes onions, bell peppers, and at least one kind of sliced meat (because sausage bits have a terrible texture to me). This could be pepperoni, salami, capicola, or sliced meatballs. Pepperoni would be my last preference of those, but it's the most ubiquitous.

Go light on the cheese, please. Hey now, I love cheese passionately, but it shouldn't be the primary ingredient of the pizza, it should accent everything else and simply help to hold it together. A mouthful of gooey cheese, the taste of which overpowers everything else, isn't my idea of a good time.

And while we're at it, do you have a favorite pizza franchise or a local place you love to frequent? We have a few Italian places here that make good pizza but no true pizzerias.

• Brohoof 12

sig-6104.5e1fEdB.png

Kyoshi made this ^^

Come join us on

Equestria.tv on Fridays at 6 PM Eastern for our weekly movie nights!

Pizza is serious business

You're damn right it is!

Nothing beats an authentic slice of NY style pepperoni pizza. Unfortunately, if you don't live in New York it can be incredibly hard to find a place that does NY style pizza right. That aside, my favorite specialty pizza is a white (Alfredo sauce) pan pizza with chicken and pineapples...absolutely sublime.

• Brohoof 1

Cheese pizza, exclusively. Preferably with extra extra sauce. Not a fan of deep dish.

The best pizza places are,

1. Marco's

2. Papa Johns

3. Pizza Pan

4. East of Chicago

And a few local places are amazing as well.

The absolute WORST pizza I've ever had (that wasn't a frozen pizza) was Domino's. That was an incredibly unsatisfying pizza.

• Brohoof 1

I tend to have every type of meat on my pizza's. Im very much a meatlover when it comes to my pizza choice. Other then that, mushrooms are good,onion and lots of cheese and sauce.....now Im hungry :T

• Brohoof 1

sm2y3Eq.png

Goddamn right, you should be scared of me

Twitter

i don't like pizza either.  

i would make mine with cauliflower and cheese crust, and then put on sauce and olive and some cheese on top.  that was really good.  but i'm extremely allergic to cheese, so i don't have it anymore. 

• Brohoof 1

I like thin crust and light sauce. I think the toppings are the star, which for me are onion, bell pepper, sausage, olive, and mushroom. Of course I put cheese on it too. I wanna taste it though, not have it over power the rest of the toppings. Now I want pizza.

• Brohoof 1

I like just about every kind of meat you can put on pizza: the obligatory pepperoni, ham and bacon (but no sausage) with the occasional addition of peppers of just about every color. On the complete opposite side of the spectrum though, I declare spinach pizzas to be delicious and I don't care what anyone says!

• Brohoof 1

MLPForums "Self-Proclaimed" Kamen Rider Nut
Now, count up your sins!
I do Traditional commissions, by the way! See them HERE!

post-8308-0-43031100-1429818502.png

Banner was done by the wonderful Kyoshi.

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee PIZZA! I am really a fan of Cici's and Papa Johns. But, more often that not, me being from NJ, there are quite a few local "Mom and Pop" Pizza places that I really lov the pizza from them. I'm not picky, sometimes I get the Pizza plain, and sometimes I get it with Sausage or Pepperoni or Mushrooms.

• Brohoof 1

Facebook: Josh B.

(edited)

I like highly decorated pizza. I mean, we're talking

• Pepperoni
  • Italian Sausage
  • Chicken
  • Bacon
  • Barbecue sauce
  • Extra Cheese
  • Mushrooms
  • Green peppers

All this on one pizza. I usually get hand-tossed crust. Or if I'm poor, I just go to Little Caesar's and get a five-dollar pizza :lol: That happens more often than not.

Edited by Space Woona
  • Brohoof 3

I refuse to let go until you're impressed.
I refuse to let go until I'm depressed.

(edited)

Another pizza thread :comeatus:?

I like my pizza with pepperoni, Italian sausage, mushrooms, and sometimes olives if permitted. Cheese crust is good too :).

As for my favorite places, I would say Gattis and Little Caesars are good for me, and I've tried several good pizzas in Europe too. The only thing is.... Is that they use flat bread and they don't shower the entire pizza with your toppings; they have them separated into sections ._. .

Edited by Super80 Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

I'm not particularly picky about my pizza :D My favorite way to have it is cheese only in a deepdish with an even spread of cheese and sauce.

My favorite place to go for Pizza is CiCi's :D I find them to not only have quality pizza, but a huge and limitless selection at a low cost. I don't think there's anywhere better to go out for pizza :D

My least favorite place is Domino's. The pizza tasted funny and the way it was cut made it even more unsatisfactory. It just wasn't good pizza. 

• Brohoof 3

CpYKgl1.png

He who is Positively Obsessed With All Things Rarity!!!

"Not everyone who is pretty is necessarily beautiful. For those two to come together is truly a Rarity"

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

I love pizza, it's easily one of my favorite foods. At least out of the types I've tried so far, my favorite is deep-dish cheese-stuffed crust three-meat pizza. It's just so delicious.

• Brohoof 1

MLPFSignature.png.59d9585b08bc894da6c58dade70c9bab.png

Another one of favorite pizza's is Pineapple and ham pizza. Such a weird but good combo.

I know!!! :D I love Pineapple and Canadian Bacon, which is similar enough to what you're talking about. It's so weird, though...can't help but wonder how someone came up with that :lol:

• Brohoof 2

CpYKgl1.png

He who is Positively Obsessed With All Things Rarity!!!

"Not everyone who is pretty is necessarily beautiful. For those two to come together is truly a Rarity"

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

I know!!! :D I love Pineapple and Canadian Bacon, which is similar enough to what you're talking about. It's so weird, though...can't help but wonder how someone came up with that :lol:

It was the same person who came up with the idea of mustard on pretzels  ;) 

• Brohoof 1

My least favorite Pizza place is actually Sbarro's. I unfortunately went to a Sbarro's in NYC, and I gotta tell you IMHO one of the worst Pizza slices I have ever had in my life, Bar none. I feel strange cause I am not really a fan of all that meat on a Pizza. Once I tried a six meat pizza at a Bertucchi's and it just didn't taste very good. Maybe it's just me, a couple people said in this thread, that they don't really like their pizza with as much cheese as they usually have because it over powers, and takes away from the rest of the pizza. That's sorta why I stick with like one topping on a pizza, cause to me, having it loaded down with a bunch of meats really took away from the rest of the pizza. That's the feeling I had after that six meat pizza at least. It was just too overpowering and took away from the rest of the pizza.

• Brohoof 2

Facebook: Josh B.

My favorite place to go for Pizza is CiCi's :D I find them to not only have quality pizza, but a huge and limitless selection at a low cost. I don't think there's anywhere better to go out for pizza :D

How did I forget Cici's? That's one of my favorites as well.

I love Cici's. Only problem is, since they don't deliver I have to eat inside at the buffet. Unfortunetly the one I go to is generally populated with dude-bros and little kids who sprint around the store, screaming and knocking things over unsupervised. But the pizza is so damned good that it's worth it.

My least favorite place is Domino's. The pizza tasted funny and the way it was cut made it even more unsatisfactory. It just wasn't good pizza. 

My first and only visit to Domino's was a nightmare. That pizza was abysmal. So bad that my mom drove back to the store and demanded a refund for being such a crime against our taste buds

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

My only 2 favorite pizzas:

132150.jpg

And:

BaconMushroomFetaPizza_zps5a9aedcc.png

That's the only pizza I'll ever eat. :P

Edit: Now that I look at these pictures, I'm kinda wanting pizza from either place (Domino's or Panago). Maybe if I ask my dad if he can order it for dinner might help solve this.~ :lol::D:yay:

Edited by AppleDerpy20
  • Brohoof 1

applejack_signature_by_vexx3-d4vrdf5.jpg