Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Fall of Andalasia Book 1 (non-pony,fantasy,adventure,dark,betrayal,romance)

RunsWithSquirlz

@@RunsWithSquirlz

Remember you have two characters to claim stuff for Whisper and Tulla :P aaannnddd maybe Whisper can grab some stuff from the supplies for Clarke?

Yeah. I think I actually made a thread about it on here a while back. So you know what I mean, then? Because I've lost a lot of good characters to necklaces. Granted, I always put them on anyway, because that's what a real man does. And the very rare times they aren't horrible, they can be literally life-saving. Most of them seem to equal doom, though.

What, Robert's bardic knowledge doesn't count for anything? Not that he could provide more than a guess based on hearsay at any rate, but still. Oh, and Robert's taking that music box until Clarke can fix it. It's music, so he gets automatic dibs. Deal with it. Also, I'm hoping I can at least have him learn something about it based on the music it plays. Mostly that, actually.

I know exactly what you mean, stupid strangulation necklace, but the one real counter to cockatrices was the unchanging necklace so I had to try (hate cockatrices so much). Once I learned the trick with polymorph wand I always saved putting them on until I could to do the trick or had identify,

Good point I'll let Robert have a chance at identifying stuff too.

I know exactly what you mean, stupid strangulation necklace

Not just that one. There's one that burrows into your sternum or something like that and kills you instantly at whatever random point it decides to activate. And I think one of them might have decapitated me once. That might just be the stupid rings, though. So many fingers lost. And the solution to cockatrices is to be best friends with a god who can cure you before you get fully petrified. Or kill them first before they can glare at you or whatever they do.

Excellent. I'll set to work identifying things then. So, you know, if I post something about him inspecting something, that's why.

So is the whole set of clothes enchanted?

You find three sets of clothes.

You also find some armour of some kind

Alternatively, their is a bodysuit / tights / something like that, which are slightly enchanted to offer a little more protection than just a thin layer of cloth.

At least, that's how I read it

----------

Unsure how to go about identifying: whether you want to roll dice, judge if Adrass would know or just have me make it up myself: so I've just left it open ended :P

Edited by Cinderscribe

@@Flying Ace

You only get one set of protective clothing. You could imagine the enchanted clothes as silk long underwear and long sleeve shirt or a tight black ninja -esque outfit, it feels like wearing nothing at all and you could wear it under normal clothes. It's not as protective as the padded or leather armor but offers more movement and can be worn under other armor later in game for extra defense.

As for 'weapons' you get to any two of the types I listed, they can be pretty much anything.

@

I've got everything figured for what they do so I'll make a roll and let you know here, except for the alchemists fire you nailed those ones haha

@

Yup I figured as much, I made them pretty obvious and they are really useful makes sense to just recognize them.

You did really well getting an idea of what these potions are:

You're pretty sure that the potions that look like water are truly blessed holy water of which god or gods though you have no idea and the pale bile green ones are Wolvesbane a pungent mixture of garlic, wolf's bane, and a variety of venoms and poison, it is rumored the smell of it on clothes keeps away evil and beasts, most rumors circle around werewolves often joked as a repellent for the cursed creatures, it is extremely toxic though; the most outrageous of rumors around it is that if applied to a fresh lycanthrope's bite it acts as a cure, though many take this to mean the only cure for the magic illness is a sure death.

You're fairly certain the golden potion is one of two possibilities, one is supposed to be extra heavy the other light as air but you can't remember which was which. It is either Felix Felicis (liquid luck) to grant you success in all things for a certain amount of time but also toxic if drinking too much. The other is Madis Ambrosia which once poured from its protected bottle turns whatever it touches to solid gold for a variable distance. Both are extraordinarily rare and with secret guarded recipes so difficult to brew they have devastating results at the slightest mistake, but the potion seem to match the legends you've heard, though what fool trusts legends?

As for the quicksilver potions you have no idea what they do or are.

@@Alex Kennedy

Robert inspecting the metal sphere and slight testing it (not enough that actually changes it's positions) lets him infer several things. It's similar to the child's toy of a Rubik's cube but far far more complex. There are patterns and lines on the surface that he realizes could line up to make many different pictures or symbols. The sealed hole seem like they are connected to the pictures, maybe if he makes one of the pictures the holes would open. But what happens then is anyone's guess.

I'm really starting to regret my Timezone now... Sweet Ancients. Anyway:

Fine Craftsmanship Sword.

Fine Craftsmanship Sword... Again.

As Many Trinkets as Adrass won't notice, his own Magick could probably mask 2 or 3 if they were on his possession, right? Also, Zaddion will be Detect-Magicing everything he picks up (even if he's not experienced enough with Enchantments to be able to tell much.)

And if allowed, Zaddion's going to mercilessly tear apart Clarke's Cart if he needs to in order to find something of potential Magickal value, preferably something like a "Krystal" or something else to focus Magick.

Edited by Sanctified Absence

Well we need the cart, haha. But whether Clarke has that stuff in his cart is up to Torrent.

But we decide what everyone geta here.

Since i posted, everyone who hasnt claimed anything can do so here and the rest will be destroyed. If you wanted something, don't worry youll have it. The rest is just excess that gets burnt.

As for the timeskip, fill us in wi th what you have or whatever youve done in the 2 days into Ashcreek.

@@RunsWithSquirlz @@Dji @@Alex Kennedy @@Sanctified Absence @@Flying Ace @ @@Shadow Dancer

Actually yeah can I get a list of what everyone took? If you took armor and what type, what 2 weapons and any of the trinkets you picked up and actually kept.

Also Alex(and everyone else) it might not be too obvious since it's under the weapons category but I put mastercraft objects as a choice because a rather well off band suffered a tragic fate at the Inn, if you want a back up instrument that is. Also we are trying to travel undercover as a band right? Hehehe

As for Clarke's cart you will find it has some dried jerky, dehydrated veggies and chocolates(if everyone is eating it then only a couple days worth). He has several changes of his own clothes and tools.

Cinderscribe you'll find that the cart is full of gun powder, it seems Clarke was making and storing a bunch of it since you last ask him to start. As for guns Dresden has Clarke's scattergun still but that was all he had with him right now. Except you'll also find a very unique an almost complete large revolver; it has two barrels stacked on top of each other with double stacked chambers as well. It's made for a lighter calibre bullet to fire from the top barrel then the next trigger pull fires the higher caliber lower barrel and rotates the chambers. It would effectively fire 12 shots before needing to be reloaded but it seems only half the chambers have been machined so far so it's still only a 6 shot. It was very obviously developed with you in mind as the detailing has been made so the stacked barrels look like two fingers and the hammer a cocked thumb, the blue prints with it show much greater detail for it and gives it the name 'Digitos Duos' with Adrass underlined next to it. It seems at least functional.

Zaddion will find a very accessible large jar of powdered 'Krystal' as it is used in the rune engraving process that is the science to make magical effects. Also the cart draws on this as a power source, since you take it the cart will no longer function.

Edited by Torrent505

I'm basically begging for a Roll 1d100 Magick Perils test aren't I?

I'm totally rooting for you to have one of those be cursed with something lame, like the thing that makes your hair grow by one inch (yes that's an actual curse in D&D 3.5. Your hair grows slightly.)