Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Online Personality vs Your Offline Personality

SanityNotIncluded

Online im practically and open book, talkative, confident, and maybe a tad extreme with honor and pride. But offline? I'm very quiet, business only, stoic, and boring. Unless my girl is in my presence, then I smile. I don't speak anymore than I have to and I try to draw as little attention to myself as possible. If people don't notice me? I am on the right track.

Oh boy, a few months ago I would have said both my online and offline personality were one and the same except I was more outgoing online, but still shy and conservative to an extent. Now I can honestly say I exude more happiness online than I ever can irl :( Due to an always constant battle with depression, I can try to show I have hope for a better future or playfully fool around on the forums when I'm actually only cracking a smile behind the screen :( But hey, maybe that won't always be the case. Let's hope for the best :) (Is totally smiling right now *sarcasm*)

To be honest, I'm basically exactly the same. I used to be more reserved in real life, but making connections and friends online has boosted my confidence to the point where I am more outgoing in the real world now. Maybe I am a little more awkward in real life, but... Not as much ^^

I'd like to think I'm somewhat similar on both. Friendly and more of a listener than a speaker, but on the internet I feel I can joke around more and act out. In real life I guess I'm a much more shy person, but I try to talk to people in the same manner online and offline :)

(edited)

I'm a pretty outgoing person online and offline, for the most part. Although I vent way more when I'm online to my online friends. I'm myself online. I can also be myself offline. Still a semi upbeat person, outgoing and all, but I'm loud and obnoxious and can get on people's nerves. >.>

I don't mind though, I am who I am! 

Edited by PrincessWubsyButt~

• 3 years later...

My offline personality is a lot more of an asshole than my online one. Aside from that, I feel that both personalities are one in the same.

Edited by Cash_In

I'm more or less the same in real life as I am online. I don't want to change my personality and there wouldn't be a point to it anyway. It would sometimes be good for me to make a few changes and hide behind my avatar, but I'm not that creative or interesting.

Online: friendly, silly, thinking, I feel more like myself online really

Offline: basically the angriest person out there

My sentences are much longer online since I have time to actually think about what I want to say, but that's about the only difference. I normally barely talk, both offline and online, but I guess something about this community just makes me feel more comfortable than I've been in years.

Online: I try to be happy and welcoming but I think I just end up being boring most times 

Offline: I'm a bitter mess which finds it hard to get up in the mornings I can't even smile, I'm just emotionally docile

My online personality and my offline personality are almost exactly the same, with the main difference being that my social anxiety inhibits me a little less online than it does IRL. Maybe a lot less, but i'm still pretty shy even online. If I don't know or trust you IRL, I tend to not talk very much... if I do come to know and trust you, though, my personality becomes pretty similar to my online counterpart. Another way to describe it would be: At my best, I consider myself to be caring, generally good-natured and accepting, humorous (because I like to make people smile, if I can), and maybe a bit mischievous, too. At my worst, I can sometimes be cold, bitter, and emotionally unavailable... Fortunately, i'm in a better place (emotionally speaking) than I used to be, though, so those traits don't have a reason to pop up very often.

• 2 weeks later...