Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it wrong to have a lot of pony merchandise ?

Jonquil Earthpony

Hi everypony  :)  i was wondering what people would consider as having too much pony merchandise?  :huh:  i have 8 posters (5 small ones and 3 bigger ones), i have two MLP card collector boxes ( rarity and discord). i have in total 9 plushies. all 6 TY small plushies and a bigger Applejack (see below for AJ)  and Rainbow dash and the build a bear applejack  B) 

i have the 6 MLP rainbow powered figures  :muffins: and 16 mini blind bag ponies also i have the MLP friendship is magic comic ( issues 1 to 20) and the Friends forever comic  :catface:

As you can tell i have quite a bit of MLP stuff =P lol 

so what want point you would consider too much or over the top ? :blink:  please leave opinions positive or negative  :) ( btw this is my 1st real topic on this site  :lol: ) pTRUIB1-7270763dt.jpg

• Brohoof 6

To be completely honest, I wouldn't ask for people's opinions. :P Let yourself love and enjoy the fandom the way you are by getting a lot of merchandise. If you love the merchandise and want lots of it then that's okay. It's up to you. It's who you are and you are the one who should decide when it gets to be too much. It's not like it's hurting anyone that you get all this merchandise.

• Brohoof 10

(edited)

Wrong to have a lot of pony merchandise? Not a bit! Just be happy with the stuff you have! I also have a good amount of pony merchandise as well.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 3

Nope!

Well not to me it isn't

If you want over the top my pokemon collection consists of......

19 plushies

Over 30 figures

3 tins of cards

God knows.... someother stuff

Don't worry about it, it must be haven for you!

• Brohoof 2

I've got quite a sizable collection of Rarity things, myself :D As in, exclusively Rarity things.

I'll spoiler it below, because I've flashed it a few times and don't want to be seen as bragging, but those who are interested can still look at it if they desire to.

10428658_1433278340285623_80648203537811

So eh. For me, I collect all of this stuff because I love Rarity and have fun with it. As long as you're not spending money you don't have, I say go right ahead and have a large collection if you desire :D

• Brohoof 9

I've got quite a sizable collection of Rarity things, myself :D As in, exclusively Rarity things.

I'll spoiler it below, because I've flashed it a few times and don't want to be seen as bragging, but those who are interested can still look at it if they desire to.

img-2822952-1-10428658_1433278340285623_

So eh. For me, I collect all of this stuff because I love Rarity and have fun with it. As long as you're not spending money you don't have, I say go right ahead and have a large collection if you desire :D

oh oh my that is a lot of rarity
  • Brohoof 3

So long as acquiring pony merch doesn't involve a criminal act or having to go without food...  I don't see the harm.  I only have six pony figures (well, one's a plushie), one volume of the comics, an RD theme deck and deck box, three t-shirts, a water bottle, seasons 1 - 3 on DVD, and a "A Dash of Awesome" DVD.  If I really like something (or somepony) I will collect the hay out of it.  But I make sure I have what I need first and foremost.

• Brohoof 3

In my opinion, it's kinda wrong to have too much of any kind of merchandise, but people will have what they want to have. I don't have any MLP merch, though. 

What you have doesn't look too over the top...

(edited)

It’s nice to have a lot of pony-related merch. The more ponies the better. :) There are many collectors of post stamps, coins, and other stuff; ponies ain’t worse than anythin’ else. Especially, when they are rare, unique, custom-made, and therefore- more valuable.

Edited by Alia
  • Brohoof 5

I have a sort of collect 'em all kind of attitude with the pony stuff, at least in the beginning now it's kind of hard. I also got myself a bunch of the G3 ponies (some g2 and g1)

At the moment since I don't have a job (moved a month and a half or so ago) I've had to slow down on pony buying stuff, plus most all of my pony stuff is still packed . But needless to say I have 2-3 bins (16-18 gallon) of just pony stuff and then another bin of just pony plushes.

Some of my stuff includes

6 complete waves of blind bags (not counting carbon copies)

all but 2 of the small figurine sets available 

all the small sized ty plushes

all but 1 or two of the Funrise 5in and 10in plushes

all of the build a bear plushes except trixie (just order Zecora,Applejack and Applebloom)

all but 2-5 of the dog tags from the first wave

alot of the cards from the first series

a lot of the brushables.

• Brohoof 1

Every collector is different! Some collector's have entire rooms dedicated to showing off the years of collecting; some other just have one shelf with a few favorite things on it. Do whatever makes you happy!

I'm sure I'm going to be one of those people who has a whole room dedicated to their collections, because not only do I collect G4 MLP. but G3 MLP, Hello Kitty, Care Bears... collecting can become a lifestyle haha. But there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't become one of those crazy people you see on shows like Hoarders where they can't even see the floor anymore.

• Brohoof 3

Maybe if your collection is really huge then some would say it is excessive. I don't find it wrong though. People have their reasons to have massive collections and it can be neat to collect so much.

That AppleJack is amazing, I want one!! xD

Nah, I wouldn't say having a lot of something you enjoy is a bad thing.

I feel its good to have things that make you happy. 

The first thing people see when they walk in my apartment is my pony stuff. 

I have a bunch of the mystery bag ponies and all the build a bear ponies.

I also have some of the figures as well as the bean baby ponies c:

• Brohoof 1

No, having a lot of MLP merchandise is not a bad thing. If you're into collecting that kind of stuff, then to ahead and do it :)

• Brohoof 1

Considering that I have a lot of character stuff anyway, no. I have quite a bit of pony stuff, and my collection is growing. It reminds me of Bionicle, if anyone remembers that. It was the toy series I spent the most money on, and I bet Friendship is Magic will be the same. :)

Firstly, nah, that's not even close to having too much.

Secondly, I am the kind of person who, if I am going to have merch from something I really like, I will want to show it off because I like showing other people.  However, I have no pony merch, because I'm an internet-only brony, and I've never told anyone (except one single person) that I'm a brony.  So, having MLP merch would give me a self-contradictory dilemma.  I would want to show friends.  But I feel I just couldn't, as I feel I'd get made fun of.  

Nonetheless, I may just get something and keep it a total secret.  I bet I'd probably be fine with not showing anyone.  And furthermore, I always liked the idea of getting some kind of subtle pony apparel where non-bronies would have no clue it was MLP related, but bronies would, that way I could find out if anyone I knew was one without bringing it up explicitly.