Favourite movie/show music theme

Koori

I don't know if this has been done before, but I'll do this anyway.

I was just listening on Superman movie theme music and I decided to ask this:

What is your favorite movie and/or series theme music and why?

My favorite happens to be the original Superman movie theme. John Williams rocks.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=X69if5C3i9o&list=PLEB330652A3184CCC&index=4&feature=plpp_video

Edited by Koori
  • Brohoof 1

Heh. There are so many good movie themes, that its hard to make up my mind choosing only one. So I ll post two of my favorites.

The godfather theme is epic.

http-~~-//youtu.be/HWqKPWO5T4o

The good, the bad and the ugly.

Edited by MuLeKsI
  • Brohoof 2

Well I can't post more than two songs unfortunately.. But..

Also I find it UNFAIR that this is only about themes.

2001: A Space Odyssey Theme

This star wars Soundtrack

Marry Poppins Theme

Superman Theme

And about 100 others

The LOTR theme will forever be my favorite movie theme song :3

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 3

There are only two theme songs I really like that are from series, The first one is this.

This show (heroes) Is the only show EVER that has made me cry. Several times. It's just so perfect! Action, drama a little dash of fantasy. The whole package. By far the best series ever made if you ask me. I even have a "godsend" necklace (just Google godsend and you will get what I mean.)

The second one is this. (there are actually 3 versions of this song. I like them all about the same.

I just love house MD :D It's such a great show! If you haven't watched it, do.

• Brohoof 1

I really like many themes from various movies, but "Hello Zepp" from the Saw franchise stands out the most to me. In every movie, one key instrument is added or taken away, changing the beat and mood of the song.

• Brohoof 2

A theme that automatically comes to mind when this type of question is raised is "The A-Team" theme. The A-Team theme has to be one of the most iconic theme songs from a series I can think of, and the A-Team was also made into a movie in 2010 so It hits both categories.

• Brohoof 1

The original Spider-Man theme from the 60's, well that along with the Batman theme have been able to survive to this day. If that doesn't make them epic than I don't know what does.

• Brohoof 1

For movie wise, it's a tie between Psycho and Gone with the Wind. Both are awesome in their own rights. Gone with the Wind is lush and beautifully orchestrated. Psycho is gut-wrenching and really catchy and both soundtracks contributed to the success of the film and even their own success.

As for TV, I recently saw the BBC show, Garrow's Law and fell in love with the season 1 opening. I highly recommend the show to people who like historical drama or just law and politics in general. All of the cases are historically correct and the presentation is fantastic. Anyway, here's the theme:

• Brohoof 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kFhPVAhV_o

Not only is the theme song kickass, but this OP is pretty much the definition of awesome. I'm not a big fan of J-Pop, but A Cruel Angel's Thesis pretty much takes the cake in openings.

Also, nobody in this here thread has any guts to post the most coolest theme to ever hit our hearts?

• Brohoof 3

My favorite non-anime theme song is...

That song just blew me away. I used to watch the old Knight Rider series so when I heard about this new one I couldn't resist.

Then my favorite anime opening is...

This is already the best anime show ever and then they had to go and give it a really cool song.

• 1 month later...

I think I'll list my favorite cartoon theme songs, to balance things out with all the live-action themes on this topic. Keep in mnd that these are theme songs, not musical numbers. So this list will look a little different from the other one I posted online a few months back.

So this is my refined cartoon theme song list. Here. Have a listen.

10 -

- The robotic voice really sells this one for me. What else can I say about it?

9 -

- Just listen to it and tell me you don't feel pumped after hearing it. X-Men was the awesome cartoon of its time.

8 -

- I am shocked how few lists include this awesome theme song. I felt I had to have this on my list for that reason, and the fact that it inspired Ratchet & Clank.

7 - The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme Song (80s version; sorry, no video this time) - I'll just say this. If you grew up with this show, it's on your list. Even though I couldn't find a proper video of this theme, you should try to find one, just to hear how awesome it is.

6 -

- Tom Bosley, your legacy lives on far beyond Happy Days. This show sucked me in as a kid, despite the fact that I lacked knowledge regarding alot of the subject matter. Don't let it fool you though. For an educational show, it was pretty dark, dealing with issues like gunshot wounds and even death.

5 -

- What can I say about this show? It gave rise to the Abridged Series. If you haven't seen it yet, just go see it on youtube. It is insane. How insane is it? Let's put it this way. According to rumors, the guy who sang the theme song (who also voices the villain) was drunk when he sang it. Hence all the laughing.

4 -

- This theme song is one of those songs that might not seem too impressive when you first start listening to it. But the more you listen to it, the catchier it gets. And I'm being dead serious here. When I first made this list back in 08, this was my number 10. Now it's up to number 4. It could very well be in my top 3 the next time I make this list. You've got a full on movie theme song with clips of He-Man and She-Ra transforming, along with the actual VA names next to their characters. No other cartoon at the time had ever done anything like that (though Transformers would do something similar a year later).

3 - The Sonic SatAM Opening - Arguably the best video game-based cartoon of its time, SatAM has a great theme to go along with it. Instead of giving you the premise of the show in the lyrics, you see what happened to their world through the animation sequence, while the song simply emphasizes how fast Sonic is, and the fact that nothing can stop him, despite all the horrible things Robotnik did to their world.

2 -

- Why this wasn't the ending theme to the series, I will never know. But this song is catchy, and obnoxiously cute to the point where you'll probably want to watch the show after hearing it. Coupled with the fact that the cartoon itself is far darker than this song lets on, this is another case of how looks can be deceiving.

1 -

- Be warned. You will never get this out of your head after hearing it. I mean it. You will never forget this theme song. You will likely memorize the words. You will likely be able to figure out which scenes in this opening aren't in the show. And you will find yourself humming it in your sleep. I am giving you fair warning right now. There is a reason this is number 1 on my list, and it's precisely because it is impossible to forget once you've heard it. Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

There is alot of great movie and tv songs, there is the Men in Black Theme for both the movies and the cartoon series, The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Duck Tails, all Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon openings, but one that really seems to stick in my head the most is this.

• Brohoof 1

Off the top of my head:-

Doctor Who with David Tennant

The original "V" of the 1980s

Quantum Leap

The original Battlestar Galactica

Blakes Seven

Deep Space Nine - the original had more delicacy, the spiced-up version had more oomph

Airforce One

Van Der Valk

Dick Barton

From posts above, I'd forgotten 'The A Team' and 'Neon Genesis Evangelion'! They've also reminded me there are:-

He Man

Dallas

Mysterious Cities of Gold

Edited by Lupus

Well, the Doctor Who and House M.D. openings are pretty cool. Other than that, my favorite anime theme is the Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni ending, "Why or Why Not"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jty-5RSE-g

And my favorite movie theme is John Carpenter's Halloween:

Both are bone chilling in different ways, and both are incredibly awesome

• Brohoof 1

Best movie themes:

-Stargate theme (from the original movie)

-The tracks "Godspeed" and "I don't belong here" from The Time Machine (2002)

-"Forbidden friendship" from How to Train your Dragon

Best tv show themes:

-Copper theme

-Sanctuary season 3 theme

-Fringe theme (the full 6 minutes version)

There's plenty more, but that's a start.

Oh, and the theme tune to 'Murder She Wrote' ! That's a good 'un!

and 'Battle of The Planets' cartoon from when I was a kid :)

Films - 'Kelly's Heroes' and 'The Italian Job'

As far as TV series goes, it's definitely a tie between these two for me.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJoIwGeKs3A

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L2PVdrb_8

With films... it's a little harder for me to choose, but this comes has to be one of them.

In no particular order:

Will & Grace

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Godfather

Law & Order

House MD*

Doctor Who

Gone with the Wind

Samurai Jack

Invader Zim

X-Files

So many more... just cant think of them haha Too tired.

Edited by TheFabulousPony