Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Describe your dark side.

Jennabun

I'm sorry if this comes off as rambly and incoherent: there are some things about myself that are hard to talk (or write) about. All of this stuff is mostly (not entirely, I'm ashamed to say) in the past.

I am misanthropic, to the point that I can sequester myself from society for days and not care at all. My 'people hate' is a learned habit from years of bullying (and other reasons). It seeps into my everyday life (for instance: if someone nearby starts revving their car engines or yelling obnoxiously, I will think, "I hope you crash" (for the former) and "STFU, ******!" (for the latter) every single time.) I'm passive aggressive, so it's always (usually) internalized.

At it's worst (if you read this part, I want to apologize in advance. I have done things that are completely deplorable):

I've just sat in the dark thinking disgusting, violent thoughts about people; I will ignore people completely (with thoughts like, "Don't talk to me, worm." running through my head. I have stabbed walls & cut various items in anger, actually spit at people and just spout horribly offensive language and death threats.

I was going to write something here, but I'm disgusted with myself now :(

• Brohoof 3

I laugh at the pain and misery of other people.

When I enter one of my deep depressions, I wish certain people from existence and going further is wishing death upon them.

All of that is pretty dark, but I wouldn't call myself downright evil, unless I actually do physical harm on a person.

I'm somewhat cynical, somewhat sadistic (mostly for video games), indifferent about tragedies (unless they invovle my friends and family) and I really, really enjoy video game violence.

And I'm completely okay with it.

Merely summarizing my inner evils will take at least, what... a lot of hours? Something like that... All I can tell you is that I practice glaring evily daily, infront of a mirror. I doubt anyone can top that, because it looks REALLY evil.

.....But yes. I'm pretty sure there are some issues here and there - an over-inflated feeling of self-worth, vanity, reduced empathy... Currently, the worst issue is my laziness and tendency to procrastinate, because they seem to be the only ones which have an outright negative effect.

(edited)

my dark side is quite sadistic and abhorrent. I would rather much just ignore it until I am working out listening to appropriate music that relieves this part of me...in other words...

Edited by Treble Bolt

Things like these can be hard to put into words, the madder i am the quieter i get, mostly passive aggressively but there exists a point that i do snap and things tend to get violent, although thats only happened 3 times, 

It annoys me moreso because i try to be as disconnected as possible, its very hard to get through to me (but then again, growing up being bullied who doesnt end up like that)

Yet i'm accepting of pretty much anything aslong as that something isnt being forced on someone who doesnt want it

sexuality? your choice, lifestyle? you decide, gender? we're equal but still different, race? no bucks given and all that jazz.

and i'm still damn friendly, and anyone who is or does end up being a friend gets treated like family. and i stand by them like family.

the hard part is actually liking me in the first place

cynical, twisted, insanely dark humoured and odd little me and the fact that i can almost switch personalities in a flash  :mustache:

I have a habit of getting frustrated or angry very easily. When I get angry I often have the urge to punch, hit, break, throw, smash or plow through things. It has been a very long time since I have actually done any of that thankfully, because I have built up mountains of restraint over the past 5 or so years. Before that, though? I was a very unpleasant person to be around. My "dark" side was pretty much my only side. I took offense to everything easily, was an extremely sore loser, and was absolutely impossible to please.

One of the many things I remember was accusing people of cheating if I wasn't winning at a game, then do something extremely stupid in response. Card games? I would take the entire deck and throw it into the air. Computer games? I would eject the disk and proceed to break it, leaving the shards laying on the ground. Video games? I would turn off the console, but not before throwing the controller across the room, probably breaking a lamp in the process.

It wasn't really my fault, though. My bad childhood easily lead me to these sort of these. And while I have avoided such negative reactions for a long period of time, I still have the capability of doing similar horrible things inside of me. I'll often feel the need to punch something in situations that frustrate me, and sometimes I do just because it feels good. Never anything that would cause damage though, just things like pillows or sometimes metal support beams if they are around. The metal clang they make is very satisfying.

All these things I've done in the past are just small things though. Never broken anything too expensive, never hurt anyone... at least not too much. I'm certain that under the right circumstances I could have the potential to kill, torture or maim someone. But don't be afraid of that. The only way that could happen is if someone did something equally drastic to me. Still, it's a side of me that I am quite frightened of, and wish I could eliminate. All I can do is hope no one trigger me to do such things, which is unlikely considering how unpleasant a thing someone would have to do to begin with.

I'm sociopath, years of bullying, being targeted by strangers to harm you because they can (youth in Venezuela is awful), adults who spoon fed you bullshit that since they're older they have more right of word than you and make you thing they're above everything, only to find out they are not, living with "people" who look down and mock people with principles and praising the shit... yeah, not exactly a good way to keep your mental health intact. 

As a result, I lost empathy to most people, I don't get moved to their pain or anything, and I actually have a sadistic enjoyment (to the point of maniacal laughing) to the suffering of criminals and jerks. Hell, I even became displeased when they turned down a video depicting the beating of a rapist everyone watched but me  >_> . I'm used to be scared of that part of me, but I eventually accepted there's no place for black and white morality in this life. I'm still kind to people who are kindhearted though ;)

While growing up, certain family members, as well as many people back in high school, conditioned me to assume the worst in people. I'm hardly in a good mood around others, and most of the time, I come off as a grump (which I probably am). Therefore, I'm kind of a bummer to be around.

So, yeah. I'm judgemental towards supposedly judgemental people.

My dark side... is a bit unique.

I don't think I actually have the ability to thoroughly hurt another person. My restraint runs so deeply that even the thought of hitting or verbally abusing someone directly is utterly unthinkable to me. I can scream, sure, and I can say a lot of mean things like a normal person, and I can treat people cruelly, but I am incapable of going too far.  I don't think that my darkest side would ever be able to kill another person. 

But... that doesn't mean I'm all pure.

My dark side is directed at my greatest hatred - myself. I'm constantly beating up myself in anger, directing all of my fury at this one person rather than the outside. If someone made me angry enough, I'm sure they could get me to inflict self-harm, possibly even suicide, because I can't lash outwards, only in. My dark side does throw things, but that's the most outwardly violent I've gotten. On the other hand, the amount of verbal abuse and bile I am capable of towards myself is... really horrible. On occasion, I have mildly hurt myself by hitting/punching my legs. And there was a time where I held a knife and contemplated doing more. 

Basically, I'm nearly always in a battle with myself. This battle is so large and all-consuming that other people, regardless of what they do, cannot get me to absolutely loathe them as much as I do myself. Even if they do horrors to me, i can forgive easier than others. I can forget, because the more pertinent distraction is myself.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I used to have minor S.A.D. but not really anymore, but sometimes I become EXTREMELY sadistic, so I just avoid people altogether when I'm like that. It seems to be becoming more frequent, though, to the point when I genuinely want to hurt those around me. However, in the eye's of some, I don't have a "bright side". For example, I have a strong hatred for the gardaí (police). Also, I sometimes laugh uncontrollably about everyone is so easily brainwashed into the system.

I also think people are laughing at me and talking about me a lot. This MIGHT be minor paranoid schizophrenia, but I've no diagnosis.

One more thing, I often wish nothing had ever existed, often leading me to the borderline of depression. For example, if there was a button that would ultimately kill every lifeform, I wouldn't hesitate to press it.

Edited by ~DEATHMONGER~

When people whom I trust and love double-cross me, stab me in the back and just lie straight to my face...

.. I go into [iMPERIAL-DARTH_VADER-MODE]

DESTROY THEM!

My dark side... Hmm...

It depends. I'm the kinda guy who puts up with your bullcrap for a good while then snaps. And I snap. Depending on the location I can punch you person or thing that made me snap or (normally) I just become a passive-aggressive bitch until further notice. The people who have seen my dark side (Which aren't very many) know to stay out of my way and those who don't learn real fast. Then again if you cause me to snap you were doing something wrong. It takes a lot to get me over the edge.

I usually try to keep a positive attitude but due to pessimism I always look at the flaws of myself 

This brings out alot of depression and while I don't really show it but I always have a face of boredom 

I don't usually laugh at others failure in fact I sympathize a bit too much

My dark side..... here goes :blush:

Agressive and compettitive and hates losing. If others dare mock her or be proud of something she wanted to do she will punch them. Don't get something she wants, BAM! You'll mst likely be slammed in the face. If she get angry she'll have the sharpest tongue and a bad temper.

I hate my dark side she's a b****

I have a tendency to hold long-term grudges. I feel "owed" whenever I do something for someone, and if they don't "pay it back", then I often will feel a resentment towards that person, even if it was something I SAID I would do for them at no other cost. It's not really healthy and it's cost me a lot of friendships, though for some reason I seem to keep going back to the ones that hurt me the most anyways. XD

There's a lot of things. I can be extremely greedy, self-centered, hypocritical, and a bit arrogant when it concerns my own abilities. I also have a tendency to do or say very, very mean things when I'm angry enough, things I'll regret when I think over it later. Most of all, though, my selfishness and want to have everything for myself. I'm not a terrible person, but I have a terrible side of me, which I acknowledge without a doubt.

Dark side, eh? Well, if there is anything about me that's dark, it's totally unbridled ambition. You see, I have certain political goals that would probably be viewed as noble ( such as wanting to change foster care to where the children suffer less and money hungry families can't have multiple foster kids so they get a big paycheck) but the thing is, is that, either seen as good or evil, if someone gets in my way, I will do everything in my power to absolutely destroy that person because they had the audacity to obstruct a long and overdue justice that this world deserves. I want to do great things that benefit the people, but I view anyone who wants to cut me off from my chosen path as an enemy. I know it's not a good way of thinking, but it is purely fueled by the anger and injustices of this world. Why should innocent children have to suffer because their parents messed up and enter into a foster home that treats them cruelly? When I saw my foster brother being held down and hit, I knew I had to do something, not just there, but to ensure that it happens at a drastically lower rate in the future. That's why I'm going to use pharmacy, years of financial investigation into the stock market to make good investments, and certain.... X factors to my advantage. Anyone who would get in my way is seen as an extension to foster child abuse. And may god have mercy on that person, because I won't.