Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the perfect ending to this show?

DYLZAL

how about all the mane 6 become Alicorns (and also possibly Discord) the cutimark crusaders finaly get their cutiemarks and explain to their huge cutiemark crusader club that they were wrong and that you should do things you are good at to find your cutiemark. 

they them hop on the forums and tell all their fans here about it. them everyone in equestria writes letters to princess Celestia and you see the castle bulging with scrolls. princess Celestia finds Twilight and looks kind of mad but then gives her a hug and says i'm so proud of you, but somebody is going to have to clean up this mess. end with spike cleaning the mess up. Cue Equestria girls 3.

i can see rarity being one for sure but the the rest nah

At the very very very ending, maybe even after the credits I want Pinke Pie to cry and say how she'll miss us all, and then goes,

:"Weitamminute

I'll see you in the books and comics and fanfics!  So it's not a good bye as much as see you later!"

Or something of the like.

• Brohoof 3

Oh, for God's sake, why are we even worrying about this? The show won't end for quite a while. But our fandom will never end.

I ain't worry the show gonna end soon, it's just a cool idea to discuss.

Like for example, early in this topic we talk how to make the worst ending ever; troll all the bronies all at once by giving the ultimate middle finger.

While I hate to believe that the show is going to end I really believe it must, or else it will wind up like SpongeBob.

The best ending I can think of is us seeing how much to Mane 6 evolved from that first two-part episode. Because let's be honest, they have really developed in character and I would love to see how they changed.

Also I would like the CMC to get their cutie marks, and maybe give Derpy some actual screen time other than the background. Maybe she could be the next villain...that would probably make every brony hate Hasbro though but whatevs.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure whether this is a good idea or not, but the ending I'd like to see would be like that: During episode 25 and 26, CMC get their cutie marks and Mane 6 turns into alicorns in a very well written two-part episode. And after that, since this is the last season, they give us a last episode to watch: Episode 27 where we see 100 years later. And that day is Summer Sun Celebration. (The show has started in a Summer Sun Celebration, so that day would be the perfect day for end it.) Since all of Mane 6 is now alicorns, they are very busy and they can't spend so much time together anymore. But that day, they're united for the last time to speak about their old days. How they met,  what they did together... An episode with lots of memories and sentiments. And at the very last scene, we see Mane 6's students and the new CMC club which is directed by the old CMC and the new generation of the MLP will be about those ponies.

To be honest, I think the ending should involve the end having Twilight as a Princess riding off into the sun set never to be seen again(for some strange reason), which then leaves Spike in Ponyville to be with her friends. Then, people simply have her as a memory and in the history books. Simple, artistic, and remembered by the audience. This is not hate by me towards Twilight, but I think this would be the best to go about it. Twilight enters Ponyville and the series ends with her leaving with the knowledge she has earned.

• Brohoof 1

I think the best ending for the show would be a story that wraps up all the character's stories and developments and maybe gives us a show of their future. Maybe even set things up for a potential Equestria spin-off featuring new characters. But lots of the ideas suggested here too are great as well.

I'd rather not see a series finale. Just let the final season end as any other season has ended. A special series finale just seems like it would have too much forced emotional drama, and would not be the way I'd like it to end. I'd rather just have an episode like any other; maybe tie up a couple of loose ends on the side. Anyone else agree?

Agree! I would rather the show end on a normal run of the mill friendship lesson ... complete with a final letter to Celestia (for nostalgia sake).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Twilight Sparkle gets ripped apart by the magical backlash of a spell she was trying...she dies.

Pinkie Pie requires surgery after syrup was found in her blood, but it was too late...She dies.

Rarity gets kidnapped by the diamond dogs again who then sew her mouth shut and force her to labor for the rest of her days...she dies. 

Rainbow Dash is caught in a storm and is thrown into the ground, breaking her leg and wings. Easy prey for a wandering manticore...she dies.

Fluttershy is bitten by a rabid dog...she dies.

Applejack receives a bad batch of painkillers for her leg aches...she dies.

Spike attempts to rejoin his species but is ambushed by Garble and beaten viciously. He bleeds out slowly...he dies.

tumblr_mnzgcuapR31qasthro1_400.gif

Edited by Lord Megatron

Being the very sensitive person that I am, just thinking about the show ending for good brought upon me a hollow sadness...

I honestly don't know how I'm going to even handle it when it does happen (and hopefully that is far in the future).

I can tell you this much, (even obviously knowing it wasn't the ultimate ending) when I watched the Season 3 Finale for the first time, I basically couldn't even see the screen (during Celestia's song to Twilight) due to the tears flowing from my eyes.  I mean, all the memories shown, and the song itself, was so emotional.  Truthfully, all said and done, the Season 3 finale wasn't just a finale for season 3, but for seasons 1, 2, and 3, because of the MAJOR change that occurred.  My... Goodness... Twilight Sparkle became a PRINCESS!!!  :(

But, with that being said... I've got to hand it to Rivendare on this, hands down, and with an emphasis on what I bolded (plus an extra-emphasis on the underlined) in his quote:

Discord betrays the Mane 6 again after another season of testing the grounds of the Mane 6's loyalty. Twilight and the crew learn what it really means to be stabbed in the back by one whom you trusted. During the exhausting battle, Celestia is swept up in the chaos by Discord and is permanently turned to stone. This sets off the Mane 6 to unleash all of their being to defeat the menacing one, once and for all. But what gives them the edge is Celestia's voice, speaking in spirit. She tells Twilight that her time has run out, and that it's all up to Twilight and her friends now. Discord is destroyed and blasted to nonexistion with the power of friendship and magic.

PLOT TWIST: While searching through the wreckage, Rainbow Dash notices something buried underneath all of the rubble...IT'S DISCORD! How could this be? It begins to crack, and what emerges is a tearful Discord, begging for the mare's to listen to his story. He explains that his long-lost twin brother had emerged, stronger and more clever than Discord, named Drocsid, bent even more on chaos than even the Lord of Chaos himself. His brother had turned him to stone and copied his appearance in a plan to finish the job his brother had never completed - A world of absolute chaos.

In the aftermath, Twilight is named the princess of all of Equestria to succeed Celestia, Discord becomes the second in command, and the ReManeing 5 head off on their own journeys. In one of the final scenes, Twilight is shown giving a speech to all of Ponyville, and while she starts to slip up, the spirit of Celestia is shown beside her. Twilight smiles, and finishes her speech with ease. She then meets with Luna who she shares a cider with while remembering the past.

While the Mane 6 now live apart, at the end of the episode they all plan a get-together to relive the old days, a party thrown by Pinkie. Laughs are had, memories are reminisced, and all is good.

The End, roll credits.

edit: added a plot twist

Good Heavens, I think that I'd end up becoming dehydrated from the tears that would would ensue - for all the right reasons.

Even just sitting here typing this up, my face is all:

192400__UNOPT__safe_applejack_animated_c

• Brohoof 2

The light purple alicorn, with age to her, gazes towards the sunset, a gentle smile on her face. She hears footsteps approach her. Her ear twitches, and she turns her head to see her friends behind her. They are all older now, the same age as the alicorn. Their smiles are not bittersweet- only happy. "Girls, I'm glad you could make it today."

"Of course, darling," says the white unicorn, "We wouldn't miss it for the world."

A pink earth pony drops a brown picnic basket. "Let's eat!" She chimes cheerfully, "I'm starving!" The ponies laugh.

As they all share a picnic, chattering and giggling about the old days. The scene slowly starts to fade away, cut to the credits. When it's finished, Pinkie Pie breaks the fourth wall, and cheerfully says: "Thanks for watching!" Show ends.

Well considering the fact we know that G4 MLP toy division will last 5 more years, thus this was announced during season 4 so this gives us hypothetically 9 season in total if the TV is paired with this. If we assume that seasons 6 and 9 will be like 3 as in 13 episodes giving MLP three acts 1-3, 4-6,7-9 of 65 episodes, each theme around certain major arcs:

1 – 3: The rise of Twilight, Elements of Harmony and the growth of friendship

4 – 6: The new reign of the Princess of Friendship and the rise of the council of friendship with the birth of rainbow power or EoH 2.0, sisters known what else…

7 – 9: TBA

With this type of break down, we’re looking at most likely something that will have to be HUGE to top whatever comes before it.

I personally think that the best MLP final would be one very long fully focus arc in season 9, which would mean a 13 part storyline focusing on the final test for Twilight and friends . By this season more or less all the of loose ends when it comes to the destinies of Twi’s friends will have been answers, secondary characters will have achieved as much as they can and Twilight will more or less have fully embraced the role she had chosen and was chosen for her. Thus an ultimate test to show that friendship truly is the ultimate focus within Equestria will need to be taken to show how far the message of friendship truly goes. So with that here is my personal finally.

A confrontation with the avatar of Harmony and Chaos (not Discord ) which would materialize as the great and power creator simply known as the one who writes (she will look vaguely like Fausts OC) will come and test the girls to see if they are truly worthy to sit among the council of the cosmos as equals for they are the guadrians of the world that Equestria resides in. Through trials of great hardship the girls will learn to combined their powers and become Harmony and Chaos thus creating a new true balance avatar in the world or more the Avatar of Friendship (insert fusion of all the girls into one pony body for big battle then after defusing leaving them all looking like super form (taller with some cool detailing) of their respected races, except for Twi who simply becomes a larger alicorn).

This will lead the girls into becoming the new rulers of Equestria through friendship and the elements they represent with Celestia and Luna to step down as full rulers and only acting a rulers for Canterlot just like Cadence and Shinning are rulers of the Crystal Empire.

More or less to me, this would be the best way to end the series since it leaves the girls destiny’s fulfilled since:

Dash will be leader of WB or new group.

Rarity will be the world’s premier in fashion and all things ascetics.

Pinkie will be able to make the world smile through making laws to promote happiness.

AJ will keep everypony level headed and make sure no one is for want for nothing.

Fluttershy will be able to help all the animals through laws as well as speak up for all the sub-races so no on if left behind.

And Twi will be princess of Friendship and make sure everything is at a 45 degree angle and all the treebrary are filled with books forever and a day.

Add to the fact that by leaving them as powerful ponies, while being clique make for the best closure since it how most fantasy stories end since after that it simply them living day to day ruling through all the lessons they learned and applying them to the world as a whole.

• Brohoof 1

I'd kinda like to see it all decline into hell

(not in a bad way mind .. and this is all just wishful thinking)

But if the story did follow the FoE line, plunging equestria into war

Then animating the story of littlepip, either hasbro doing it (very unlikely) oranother party cause of its more adult themes.

kinda brings it all full circle then. with equestria getting a fresh start after it all