Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the perfect ending to this show?

DYLZAL

Strange as it is,  after many years on adventures

and all,  we see the mane six outside,  Spike has

grown up a bit and the friends are just sitting

in the spring day having a picnic,  talking and

laughing and having a good time than we zoom

out and go around the town,  seeing the CMC

in a long view,  grown up and with their own

cutie marks,  The Cake Family with their own

little ones a bit more grown up.  Derpy flying by

to do her job with a smile and a glimpse of each of the

back ground ponies and those who had a effect on the

lives of the mane six and how they effected them!  

Than we zoom once more on Canerlot of Tia, setting the sun,

smiling in peace with her sister Luna next to her side,  ready to

raise the moon and say good night.....

THE END!

I try not to get too attached or too emotional, but damn...

• Brohoof 1

Sunset Shimmer becomes the new overlord of the world....

actually these Three words would be the best finale:

"TO BE CONTINUED"

• Brohoof 2

Sunset shimmer comes back to equestria, she is forgiven, and celestia accepts her as her pupil again, but then, mysteriously the mirror breaks, and a multi-dimensional portal opens, and then, the elements of disharmony appears, a epic fight of epic proportions between the mane six vs surprise, sparkler, twilight twinkle, firefly, applejack, and posey, then sunset shimmer saves them all and everybody explodes, the end :P

• Brohoof 1

Strange as it is,  after many years on adventures

and all,  we see the mane six outside,  Spike has

grown up a bit and the friends are just sitting

in the spring day having a picnic,  talking and

laughing and having a good time than we zoom

out and go around the town,  seeing the CMC

in a long view,  grown up and with their own

cutie marks,  The Cake Family with their own

little ones a bit more grown up.  Derpy flying by

to do her job with a smile and a glimpse of each of the

back ground ponies and those who had a effect on the

lives of the mane six and how they effected them!  

Than we zoom once more on Canerlot of Tia, setting the sun,

smiling in peace with her sister Luna next to her side,  ready to

raise the moon and say good night.....

THE END!

And then after the credits we get to see Discord playing with some MLP toys over a map of Equestria, implying that he made it up all along right?

• Brohoof 4

In a study piled high with books, somewhere in Equestria, a young pony mare takes up a quill, lays out a piece of parchment on her desk, and speaks her thoughts aloud as she begins writing a few simple words:

"Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle..."

• Brohoof 5

I don't think I will even try to come up with a good concept for a series finale as it's so far away that it's not even in sight. What would make a good finale could vary depending on what events lead up to it, and things change all the time. After the first couple seasons fans never would have figured Twilight would become an Alicorn Princess and would not only end up living in a castle instead of her tree library, but would be traveling all across Equestria as part of her mission as the Princess of Friendship. Perhaps something will happen in the future that we can't predict. I actually kind of like Red Cedar's idea though.

• Brohoof 1

It's pretty obvious how everything should end. Every character should get to live out their dream and life goal, since happy endings are the order of the day in Equestria, the Crusaders get cutie marks and become more mature, and...

In a study piled high with books, somewhere in Equestria, a young pony mare takes up a quill, lays out a piece of parchment on her desk, and speaks her thoughts aloud as she begins writing a few simple words:"Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle..."

pretty much this. That would be a great way to end the series, but we don't know for sure if there will be a direct sequel or not.

So, to solve that problem...

EVERYTHING EXPLODES!

Rainbow_Dash_Atomic_Rainboom_Explosion_S

and they all died happily ever after!

mlfw2603-132623390990.jpg

@@PonyFunk, as I found an earlier thread that similarly hosts discussion for people's perfect ending for FIM, I have merged yours with the pre-existing thread. Please ensure you use the search function before posting a thread, just to check if your topic of discussion already has a designated thread. :)

Picture it:

-The credits roll.

-It's over.

-You thought that it would never end, but now it has.

-No more Pony, ever.

-A single tears rolls down your cheek.

-Suddenly, a voice you know comes from behind you.

-"Why are you sad? The party's just starting!"

-You turn around in shock.

-Standing there, in front of a portal, is your favorite pony.

-The pony beckons for you to follow, and enters the portal.

-This scene is being played out all over the world.

-You look at the portal, and make your decision.

-Allons-y!

And that would be the perfect ending to Friendship is Magic.

Not the most likely scenario, but then again, there was a time when I would have told you that me being an MLP fan was just as impossible.

Okay I got this

So it's time for the gala again, and Celestia has unearthed a large fancy bell that she would love to have as a decoration.

Unfortunately it is cracked, so she has somepony repair it so that she can place it in the palace before the big night.

Once the bell is repair, the poor pony discovers that it is the same bell that was once used to seal away Grogar, who was transported to another reality after it was damaged.

So Grogar comes back, interrupting the Gala and announcing his plans to exterminate the ponies and reclaim Equestria as part of his empire.

He hides the bell deep in the Everfree forest to prevent it from being used against him, since he knows ponies are too scared to go there (maybe in the castle of the two sisters or something)

The Mane 6 have to use their rainbow power to confront Grogar and ultimately find a way to ring the bell once again to seal Grogar away.

The city of Ponyville is almost completely destroyed in the battle, and the shows closes off with a musical number about moving forward and the hope for the future as the ponies rebuild their home.

Also the CMC get their respective cutie marks, Spike unearths some of his family history, and Twilight reshapes Ponyville to be a kingdom fit for the Princess of Friendship.

I get that this show has it's stereotypes and all, but that was the most sappy, stereotypical one that someone could've come up with. I'm just giving my two cents on your thoughts.

Ok, my idea is that it ends calmly with them just kind of contemplating life and all they have gone through while they are just doing their normal rounds. Finally it ends with Twilight reading and contemplating harder than the others. It ends when she thinks about the first time she got to Ponyville (To bring back old emotions of when people first started watching the show and getting happy and excited feelings about it) and then they cut it off there, but calmly to let the emotions sink in.

A life lesson HAS to be learned. That's the only way I could see MLP Ending. A lesson has to be learned and it has to effect the viewers. You cannot end a kids show on a whim like that.

Whether it be someone dies, RD becomes an official Wonderbolt, Rarity gets married, Pinkie Pie.. I don't eve know... AppleJack loses the farm.. Twilight is revoked of her powers.. 

All of these I've listed teach a lesson. Try hard enough you'll get there. Love will find a way. Stay smart and don't take too many chances.. Things might not always work out, enter a quarter to try again.

But if I had to choose.. I would suggest that Twilight is revoked of her powers for not being a successful entity of the Power of Friendship and the show ends on Twilight writing the story of her friends down in a book while they're old.. Granny Smith old, and as the last word is written she takes a look out the window see's Scootaloo as queen and ruler of the universe and then end credits.

BAM!

Scootaloo confirmed best pony.

Edited by Timid Lullaby

I think the death of the Mane Six would be a good way to end the show, but that's just my opinion I like stories where the protagonists die in the end.... and I know an ending like that is unlikely, so maybe a quest where Twilight is off to save her friends....

Twilight blows the world up with a spell. Twilight creates a new world identical to that of the old one. She watches herself as a filly growing up and visits herself and tells her that one day she will unit with the elements of harmony and tells her that she will be the element of magic. Then she continues to tell each of the main six to be their element. For example Twilight will tell applejack that she must always be honest. This moment will shape the main six to be who they are today and from there on the all of the events of mlp will replay and this will not only explain the personalities of the mane six but show us that in this new world Twilight is in control and will forever be it's God trying to leave the darkness out.

Probably too complex for the target audience though.

Sacrifice and rebirth, as the element of harmony, within a "world" at the brink of destruction.

The mane-six are gone, but the tree still remains. Their essence is brought back as new jewelry pieces, up for the taking by their successors.

Introducing us to the "new" elements of Harmony, on a new Equestria.

Setting up the path for a new generation.

This world is so afraid of death, for the most part, this might be actually a great lesson.

Edited by They call me Loyalty
  • Brohoof 1

I don't want to set specific expectations for the series finale. I would just end up being disappointed by it for unfair reasons that are my own fault. So I'll say what they shouldn't do, as if Meghan McCarthy would actually read this.

What I hope they don't do is rehash villains we've already seen. Or even worse, make some contrived plot where they all team up for some reason.

Thankfully they probably won't do something stupid like introduce more Elements of Harmony, another main character, or something. I mean, would the point of that be? Since the show staff seems to know what they're doing, it's a safe bet that they're going to keep it self-contained, and not set up for some sequel series that may or may not be made.

Picture it:

-The credits roll.

-It's over.

-You thought that it would never end, but now it has.

-No more Pony, ever.

-A single tears rolls down your cheek.

-Suddenly, a voice you know comes from behind you.

-"Why are you sad? The party's just starting!"

-You turn around in shock.

-Standing there, in front of a portal, is your favorite pony.

-The pony beckons for you to follow, and enters the portal.

-This scene is being played out all over the world.

-You look at the portal, and make your decision.

-Allons-y!

And that would be the perfect ending to Friendship is Magic.

Not the most likely scenario, but then again, there was a time when I would have told you that me being an MLP fan was just as impossible.

How I see it:

- The credits roll.

- It's over.

- I knew there would be conclusion, and it did not disappoint. (Hopefully.)

- No pony sequilization. Ever.

- I revel in the fact that I was around to experience the show.

- Suddenly, a beeping noise I know comes from my front pocket.

- "WORK - TOMORROW - 3:00pm - 11:00pm"

- I look at my phone in shock. I need to get some sleep before my shift.

- Standing here, in the theatre, is a brony.

- The brony says "I wish the show didn't have to end. Don't you wish you could escape to Equestria from this horrible world?"

- I look at him. "No. I've worked hard to make it where I am in life, and I'm happy with the way it is."

- Next day after work, I watch the latest episode of Gravity Falls.

Edited by SpaceOnion

The mane-six are gone, but the tree still remains. Their essence is brought back as new jewelry pieces, up for the taking by their successors.

Gone = dead?

I can't see them killing off any of the mane 6, let alone all of them.

But certainly a nice way to end the series would be for the mane 6 to pass on the elements of harmony to a new generation, with the CMCs stepping into the shoes of Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash, a returned Sunset Shimmer or maybe Trixie replacing Twilight Sparkle, and perhaps some ponies we haven't met yet (hurry up Cadence and have some foals already!) taking the places of Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.

Endings are really dumb. I say just keep an open ending that through the entire final season, just wraps up pretty much anything important. I don't really think we need a Twilight sparkle wedding or one of those lame X character gets with X after long run of what if's or he said she saids or whatever. I would actually kind of think that to be a bit lame and unneeded. Basically, it would be a move that hasbro would force the writers to do so they can sell their wedding gown twilight sparkle and whoever they force her to marry in the show, probably fan favorite whats his face...Sentry something...oh yeah, I remember now...flash sentry. 

Anyway, getting side tracked here.

I suppose a wedding somewhere would be OK, However, it has to be something that is completely non expectant. Out of the blue from a well known character. Maybe out of the blue for no reason "which in under 1 min is explained to the audience in a series of flashbacks of stuff that happened off camera when we arn't watching the show lol", Discord and Luna happens! 

Wow...wouldn't that be completely unexpected. Or if we get a time skip somewhere in the next few seasons, lets say like 3 years or something, one of the CMC or Applejack to some random pony nopony has even heard of for some explanatory reasons from above.

Of course, there is gonna need to be one massive enemy, reasons tied up to why Twilight and gang has been doing all of this stuff instead of the alicorn princesses themselves, why all the bad guy reforms etc. 

Then of course we will have come to the point to where none of the other princesses have anything else they can teach the mane six which I feel is pretty much already here as it is.

Hasbro will never allow it, but the (my) perfect ending would be a grand and glorious wedding between Princess Twilight Sparkle, and her one true love. Princess Celestia. They would then rule Equestria together. Celestia seems a bit stand offish, but with Twilight, the Princess of Friendship at her side, Equestria would enter a golden age of friendship and happiness. For a bit of a comic side story, Shining Armor will at first be against the union. Cadence will teach him that love can take many forms, and there is nothing wrong with two princesses finding each other.