Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you say you're a brony to people?

Stone Cold Applejack

Alright so I have a 7 year old brother who says to everyone he meets that I watch MLP. I don't really want everyone to know. But its always when we go to fun places is when he starts saying it so I can't enjoy myself. I would like to know how to tell people I'm a brony cuz I'm not the best at speech.

Just say that you're a brony and be proud! Being proud that you're a brony means you're proud to watch MLP:FiM not giving a damn what people say. Whats so wrong about watching a TV show with magical and ADORABLE ponies anyway? Sure, it's for children but older people can watch it too!

• Brohoof 3

Swag wit pony on :mustache:  I mostly wear pony shirts, my spike or derpy jacket if it's cold, my trademark lanyard covered in pins that I wear everyday, and if you look closely, I wear pony shoelaces and pony belt. All that is just me, but yeah, just wear a pony shirt. Not only u can say ur a brony without speaking but u also attract other bronies. :smug:

• Brohoof 2

Alright so I have a 7 year old brother who says to everyone he meets that I watch MLP. I don't really want everyone to know. But its always when we go to fun places is when he starts saying it so I can't enjoy myself. I would like to know how to tell people I'm a brony cuz I'm not the best at speech.

Not sure if he is doing this to embarrass you or is just being precocious. If he says it again:

"Sure Do! MLP rocks."

then drop it.

• Brohoof 1

When the person brings it up and asked if I was one then I would. But not in any other scenario.

That is what I do, unless someone brings up MLP or asks if I like it I'll say yes, but I don't just go out shouting about it.

Stop caring.

I never understood the fascination with the label 'Brony.'

It's like running around town saying, "I like Johnny Test/Ed Edd'n Eddy/Rocko's Modern Life!"

If you stop caring and just ignore it, the seven year old will get bored with it.

There is also no reason to mention it unless someone else brings it up as a topic.

Just some friendly social advice from your local detective & butler.

Detective Butler has a good point. There are some people that don't like being labeled as a brony just because they enjoy the show. Though there are fan grou[s for other shows, not everyone's put into them just because they watch it, but they still talk about them and discuss them without having to be put into that fan group. If your brother tells people, just ignore him or just acknowledge it and be over with it. You don't really have to tell anyone if you don't want to.

Alright thanks you guys. I just stop giving a damn. Thanks I'll just say yes and let them think what they will.

Damn right bro! I wear a T shirt with the word brony on. Big black bold writing. People call me weird. I call them ignorant insults to the human species. Works every time.

I just come out and say it if my interests ever come up in conversation.

I have no issue with telling people.

What's the matter with watching a show featuring ponies? Honestly, whenever somebody finds out I'm a brony and they make a BIG DEAL about it I'll usually say back to them "didn't your parents ever teach you about not hating something till you give it a try?"

Most of them never have given it a try. After that they will either shut up, go watch the show and become a brony, or keep teasing you. If they do the third part just ignore them. Honestly to the people that make a big deal that we watch MLP GET OUT OF OUR F***ING LIVES.