Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is this your all time favorite show?

Drunkfrank

So I have a question my fellow brony ppls, Is mlp your current or even your all time favorite cartoon (or show period) for me the answer will always be yes because this show has changed my life for the better, and has mad me mildly obsessed. I have been watching other cartoons like adventure time (3/10 IMO) and gravity falls (8/10) IMO but none have really hit the mark mlp has, so does anyone else consider this to be the greatest cartoon of all time, or at least at the moment?

Edited by ryanmahaffe
  • Brohoof 2

I'd have a hard time selling the idea that My Little Pony is the "Greatest Cartoon of All Time", but it is my personal favorite cartoon at the moment.

Admittedly, G1 Transformers comes dangerously close to toppling just because I love the characters so much, especially Soundwave, but My Little Pony still stands up.

Ed, Edd, n' Eddy is also a close second, considering it was my favorite cartoon before My Little Pony.

MLP:FIM. It really has bettered my life, and I just straight up enjoy the show. It's just that certain kind of show that brightens my mood pretty much instantly.  :lol:

MLP: FiM is my favourite show, but I'm pretty aware that not everything about this show is perfect. -3-

(edited)

It is a good show, a there is something really special and upbeat about it, but it is hardly the best of all time.  Even when limited to cartoons, Avatar: The Last Airbender is clearly better.

"clearly better" is not true, its your opinion that it is better and that is fine, but I consider avatar my 3rd or 4th favorite show, I feel like season 1 was decent, season 2 was great, and season 3 was the only season that made me love it. The characters were great but I didnt feel connected with any of them besides aang and maybe sokka

EDIT, also Zuko felt very "real" to me, however, that show did have the best fighting choreography of all time

Edited by ryanmahaffe

As much as I really like it, I probably won't say that it's my all-time favorite. 

Honestly, I don't think I even have an "all-time" favorite show. I just like a lot of completely different shows equally. If someone set me in front of a TV with all of my favorite shows and told me to pick one to watch, it would vary because it would depend on what mood I'm in and what I feel like watching. 

MLP: FiM is my favourite show, but I'm pretty aware that not everything about this show is perfect. -3-

Well of course, there are episodes that I will not watch again despite enjoying them the first time, mainly episodes like simple ways, mare-do-well, and season 1s pilot

As much as I really like it, I probably won't say that it's my all-time favorite. 

Honestly, I don't think I even have an "all-time" favorite show. I just like a lot of completely different shows equally. If someone set me in front of a TV with all of my favorite shows and told me to pick one to watch, it would vary because it would depend on what mood I'm in and what I feel like watching. 

I am also sort of like that, While I do consider MLP to be the greatest show EVAHHH, sometimes I do prefer watching other cartoons like avatar, avatar korra, gravity falls, ect

• Brohoof 1

I do really enjoy the show! It makes me happy to show and I like it A LOT.

But I don't think I would say that it's my ALL-TIME favorite. 

I watch so many different types of TV shows. Especially ones that I've been watching way longer than MLP.

I guess it also kind of depends on what I'm in the mood to watch.

SO. MANY. DECISIONS. 

MLP:FiM is best cartoon, but Doctor Who be BEST SHOW EVA!

Never watched doctor who, never plan on watching doctor who, nothing against it, but what I have seen looks sort of boring, Also I am not the biggest fan of live action

Well, my top three are as follows:

1. Star Trek: The Next Generation

2. Babylon 5

3. Game of Thrones

FiM counts as my favorite cartoon; essentially.

• Brohoof 4

2. Babylon 5

3. Game of Thrones

FiM counts as my favorite cartoon; essentially.

I've heard and read great things about Babylon 5. In fact, I have the first season DVD sitting on a shelf in my closet, but I've never gotten around to watching it. Is it really that good? 

And I would have a hard time picking a favorite show. MLP is a good cartoon, maybe even a great one, but I know it's not the best show I've ever seen. It's more the fandom that keeps me around. 

I did love Battlestar Galactica, though (2004 version). 

• Brohoof 2

MLP:FiM is best cartoon, but Doctor Who be BEST SHOW EVA!

That is easily one of my absolute favorites!

The original Star Trek is better, in my opinion. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I've heard and read great things about Babylon 5. In fact, I have the first season DVD sitting on a shelf in my closet, but I've never gotten around to watching it. Is it really that good? 

And I would have a hard time picking a favorite show. MLP is a good cartoon, maybe even a great one, but I know it's not the best show I've ever seen. It's more the fandom that keeps me around. 

I did love Battlestar Galactica, though (2004 version). 

Honestly, you have no idea how much I recommend Babylon 5. Whereas TNG is fairly episodic, Babylon 5 tells a wonderful story with great characters. It's really the only series that I have sat down thrown and watched all five season; plus all TV movies and the cancelled sequel series (Crusade).

Though, I will caution that the first season MIGHT turn you off as it can be somewhat slow and maybe flat at times, BUT it really sets the seeds for the future seasons. The pace and interest really picks up in the second season though and oh GOD you are in for a ride, IMO. :)

BSG is good too; both new & old, at least too me. However, classic Battlestar Galactica is a bit cheesy at times (that episode with the cowboy Cylon, lol) and the new one was VERY heavy at times. Great stuff, but overly heavy isn't always the best, thought I won't let that detract as BSG '04 is essentially #4 on my favorite TV shows list. XD

That is easily one of my absolute favorites!

The original Star Trek is better, in my opinion. ;)

Fair enough. ;) I like the original, but I grew up with TNG, so Picard & co. are what represent my love of the franchise. XD

• Brohoof 2

I think it's safe to call it my all-time favorite show. No other show has brought me so much joy or had such a profound impact on my life. It's hard to think of it as mere entertainment at this point. 

I'd say it belongs among the best works of its kind even if I'd stop short of calling it the best. That kind of statement is just too subjective. Different things speak to different people differently. It's a work of excellence and we enjoy it immensely. That's all that needs to be said about it, imo.

At the moment, my 3 favorite shows are MLP:FiM, Gravity Falls and Game of Thrones.

I don't know if it's my all-time favorite show because I was a huge Simpsons fan before I discover it.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm.. Greatest cartoon of all time? Can't say for certain, though I do enjoy it immensely with Family Guy coming a close tie. And yes. I do like Family Guy. I know it's a lot to take in but roll with me.

MLP is marvellous but really, there are a lot of fantastic shows that are just as great. Game of Thrones, House MD, Doctor Who and The Mentalist get a special spot in my list of favourite shows along with MLP. 

• Brohoof 1

I hate just 'one' favorite of anything. But I really do think...without any doubt, this is my favorite cartoon for sure. All-time favorite period, hmm. No...however it's number two.  :P

No, not really. I like older cartoons like ReBoot, Beast Wars, Invader Zim, etc, better. But the world of this cartoon does certainly have a great deal of room for exploration via fanfiction. Before FiM come along, I hated the idea of fanfiction with a passion (but honestly, given some of the crap out there, do you really blame me?) Now I write my own fanfiction... it's crap too, but at least I try! :D

• Brohoof 1