Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

I almost went totally off character with Hunter.  I’m glad I wen back and reread my previous post.  I ended up having to rewrite an entire post, but it was definitely worth it.  Also, I’m back!!!!  I’ve been sick for a while, and really busy with work.  I’m still getting better, but it’s far from being as bad as it was last week.  Something has been going around, so there have been a few associates calling out, which means more work for everyone else, so it hasn’t been easy keeping up.  We’d also been having several problems with the plumbing, but that’s all fixed too.  Anyway, I’m happy to be back.

• Brohoof 1

Uhm... Sorry I've been gone from here well over a week now. It's hard to keep track of things here when I'm already trying to get everything set to have my job for the first time in a while. Had time this morning, but I guess I kinda procrastinated and wandered off to try and deal with other things. I'll try again tomorrow morning to see what I can do.

Guess Widdershins's line is dead now and Dice has been dropped. And I haven't much inspiration as to what to do with Ambie's and Kaltrop. 

@Seamore Sandwich

As the others said, it's good to have you back, and hearing that you're feeling better. Flu season is quite a bother. :(

Anyway, here's hoping you won't have a relapse. ^_^

===================================

@Widdershins

Sorry to hear that you're still dragged down mate. :(

I will say though, that Dice and Widders aren't done chapters. You can simply keep writting with Widders and we will pretend that either of us sent @Storm Shine's happy couple away somewhere, if you prefer that.

As for Dice, I'm still ready to join you there. I have lots of characters to pick from, and I could still use Berry if I wanted to, by having Alonsus run in with an order she was asked to deliver personally to somepony at the edge of town, then spot him. Though again, I have several others, and not all of them would try and make him do bad things.

I just figured you had dropped it since you didn't respond to things about Dice anymore at some poont. If I missed it, I'm sorry. :(

Kaltrops is simple enough, as he is holding a bewildered pony he just kissed. Make him react all proud and push her away after thunking about what he just did, or explore what might go through his mind as he squeezes her even tighter, and keeps on with wanting her to stay with him.

As for Ambie, we have a cart to find, and if you want some fun there, we could have it missing part. Have to be some kind of prankster or curious creatures in the forest that would nick that, which we'd have to chase down then. :) Ambie and Happy, Forest Explorers. ^^

==============================

@Moonlit

Sorry I forgot to answer you by the way, about armor. Last is not wearing any armor, or symbols that calls her out as a guard, as she technically aren't one.

The shrine she and several generations before her grew up in was never staffed with guards, but were more of a fringe group of loyalists brought together before Luna went Nightmare Moon. They could have been guards, and some of them have become that after they were relieved of service, but they aren't technically ones automatically, and doesn't have armor showing it unless they join the Royal Guards in one path or another.

Last isn't one for standing idly around, so she can't sit comfortably with the thought of being a guard in Canterlot,  so she is mainly just a loyalist.

• Brohoof 1

@Moonlit

I understand. I mean, she is basically acting like one. Standing all protective, calling her majesty, asking for her orders, those sorts of things. I would have drawn the same conclusions. :) Also to be fair, Serenade may well know about Last's position as one of Luna's underlings.

Last haves a big sister that did join the Night Guard, and I can imagine she can be chatty, and have told about how where she were from, they did some real fighting int he name of the princess. Word might have caught Serenade's attention at some point from her or some of the other guards, and it could be seen as logically enough to think others more... Rough types were in the same situation, and also served Luna.

Luna herself may also have said so. After she returned from the moon, she did relieve them of service after all, and have likely had enough interaction with some of them that have come to apply for new jobs in Canterlot to get some idea about how they are. They act differently, sure, but there are some characteristics that is shown. Such as a refusal to back down and show fear when faced with something that could likely eat them while they were at a serious disadvantage. I consider it a result of living someplace where there is constant battle, and backing down could cost others their hides.

Of course, this is just stuff about how she might have known. Might be she knows nothing, but figured I'd leave this as an option, regardless. :) I could feed you more information through the posts or in PM's if it were, about something with the shrine if needed, though I can say this much at least. Last and her sister may be descendants of one of the original families, but they aren't high standing because of that. Especially Last, who had to live in her sister's shadow and keep pushing herself to even be noticed when she was around. It is unlikely that Luna would know of these two specifically compared to some of the others. :)

(Basically, I have enough important ones. Might as well make a few of them stragglers.)

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins

Hey Widdy, sorry to hear that you're getting dragged down by stuffs - I really hope everything looks up and up and higher and better from here on for you :)

Also, Sorry, I kind of lost track of where we were on that end of the stroll.. I can start writing for it again if you want, though it might be a bit wonkadoo since, again, I kinda got myself a little lost mentally. :squee: :derp: (I blame the conductor, I'd still have my train of thought there if it weren't for that jerk. He was all like 'Tickets please!' and I was like "Oh, uh, sorry I think I left my ticket in my other brainspace.." and he was like 'No ticket, no ride!' and then he kicked me off my own train (of thought). super duper rude, dude..)

• Brohoof 1

@Storm Shine  Well, I ain' no pegamasus, brother! But you oughta betcha! I'll be able to start affording things by Hurt's Warming! Like food!

And don't you worry Brrrother! I've kicked myself off my own brain many a time before. Good thing I'm often there to catch myself while I curse myself. Take your time if & when you get back to it, I'm no hurry since I've got no concept of time to begin with. Helps that I'm already behind as it is! 

@MiragetheChangeling   Suuuure are an aaaawful lotta Changermalings gathering in these parts...

Not too much to go on, but a good point to build from. And you know you should listen to me because I'm overly expressive and talk in pink text. Clearly, I am the HeadCheese around these here threads! 

• Brohoof 1

@Dji

I see one word that would be a bit out of character for Twilight:  “racist.”  If she read this, she would probably be the first to say, “Technically, the right word there would be ‘specist’ but that’s still a bit strong of a word.  Maybe ‘biased,’ but that still doesn’t seem quite right either.  I know!  Let’s check the Thesaurus!  There has to be a word in there we can use.  Research project!”

• Brohoof 2

Alrighty, finally posted again, after like, nine days! Do let me know if there wasn't anything addressed! I might pass on rolein' Dice, as I have Ambie's parents coming in eventually once @BloodDrops gets done at the train station. Aaand, probably might potentially have less time to RP once I get onto my job. Though I will have pretty much my afternoons open and I do suspect that with limited time might give me more urgency to actually using my time for the things I like.

Oh and... Gosh, @Moonlit! You gotta tell me how you do those music note symbols! 

Oh, and Speciest isn't actually a word. It's why I use it. It is plausible that ponies call themselves races and that would extend to sirens as well, but I'd hazard any large words would apply with Twilight.

Edited by Widdershins
  • Brohoof 1

@Widdershins @Moonlit

You can do some music notes like this (In windows at least)

Alt + 14 = ♫

Alt + 13 = ♪

Pressing the right-side alt key and then typing in those numbers on the keypad with numlock on makes those symbols, and there's a bunch of other combos too. Like ►☼☺♫♂☺☻♥♣◘○♠-↑↓Γ╘ܼ‼'╡⌠

@Storm Shine @Widdershins

Well then, we can resume things in that case. ^^ The two of the weird ones are currently just spitting stuff on one another anyway, so whatever you think is best will do mate. :)

Also, good to see you're back to your old name Stormy, ^^ And neat new profile pic.

Yours too Widders, but If I said that every time you changed, I would be here every second day. xD How come you shift so often actually? It's not an issue, and kinda neat, I'm just curious. :)

=========================================================================================

@MiragetheChangeling

It's good to see you came around mate. ^^ I'll have a look at your character as soon as I can, and then we'll get you sorted pronto. :)

Oh, and if you want to tag somepony, write @ and then followed by at least part of a name. A list will show then of links, and you can press that. For example, writing @blitz will get you my name pretty early on in the list. :)

======================================================================================

@Widdershins @BloodDrops

Was there any plans for Widders messing with Blood in the end, or? It's just cause I maaaaay need somepony to save her from being put into a grante case underground if things keeps escalating. Nerzhei is a very... Direct being, and haves her way of dealing with problems.

I can stall it for now, but I just wanna know if there is the option, or if I have to think of something else.

Heck, you might even use Dice if you want. If Blood talks first, perhaps you can convince him to grab hold of my dragon and toss her far away/knock her out. Could be an interesting intro if it were. :)

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

Was there any plans for Widders messing with Blood in the end, or? It's just cause I maaaaay need somepony to save her from being put into a grante case underground if things keeps escalating. Nerzhei is a very... Direct being, and haves her way of dealing with problems.

I can stall it for now, but I just wanna know if there is the option, or if I have to think of something else.

Heck, you might even use Dice if you want. If Blood talks first, perhaps you can convince him to grab hold of my dragon and toss her far away/knock her out. Could be an interesting intro if it were

idk you could hear blood out, or just put her on granite 

then have somone come along and free her later

@MiragetheChangeling

Well, to quote the great Gordon Ramsey: You call this risotto?!

Heh, joking aside though. :P It looks fine to me. A little basic, as Widders said, but you're fresh to the site, and sometimes a character needs to grow from actually doing them in the RP before you even know yourself how it's done. :) I will approve of this, though I will add two minor suggestions to you.

1. The part in the page where it says " HUGE CRUSH ON MISTLETOE, HE FEELS THE SAME, THEY BOTH DONT KNOW OF THE OTHERS FEELINGS AND ITS HILARIOUS " Should likely undergo a little bit of change, because A, I for example, have no idea who Mistletoe is, and B, writing it all in caps isn't too great. If I may suggest an alternative way of putting it?

"Mirage haves a huge crush on a pony called Mistletoe. Unbeknownst to her, he feels the same way, but neither of them knows that it is mutual, leading to awkward interactions at times."

It's not forced, but it will make things look a bit better for a read. :)

2. Really small thing here, but you may want to add what Amanita is. Unicorn? Pegasus? Earth pony? Zebra? Marginally convincing scarecrow impersonating Platypus? It may be good to add that minor detail. Especially if it's that last one, as frankly, I would never have guessed that to be the case if it were. ^^

Anyway, gonna go sleep on how to get you introduced into things, and I should have a few suggestions when I wake up. You are free to deide from there, though i will start off by saying that I believe it is best to run a sort of isolated RP to begin with. Meaning, having you interact with just me (or another RP'er if there is any volunteers) away from the main action. It helps to ease new people into things :)

See you tomorrow. ^^ Good bio for a first stab at it. :)

I’m not new to role playing, I’m just new to the site. And thanks!

Here’s Amanita’s bio, well hold on. Here we go, I hope.

yup! My lil cinnamon roll! I’ll add Mistletoe’s in a sec!

Here’s my boy!

And @Blitz Boom what’s Risotto?

Edited by MiragetheChangeling
  • Brohoof 1