Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Galaxical Phoenix

Just wanted to make sure that you could see that I had written? Haven't seen you here since we set up things in the OOC, and I made the post four days or so ago. Sometimes the notice system can be a little wonky though, so there's a chance you just missed it. Figured it were worth a shot to poke you and see. :)

16 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Galaxical Phoenix

Just wanted to make sure that you could see that I had written? Haven't seen you here since we set up things in the OOC, and I made the post four days or so ago. Sometimes the notice system can be a little wonky though, so there's a chance you just missed it. Figured it were worth a shot to poke you and see. :)

Aah, I’m so sorry!

I guess I got distracted and forgot to check the IC in the first place :blink:

I didn’t get the notification either, or I don’t think I did :yeahno:

Welp. I’ll go do that

While I remember it, I won't be posting tomorrow. Visting some family, so the earliest I can get back to writing is Thursday. Might stretch to Friday if it gets busy there, but it looks to be a fairly relaxed day there overall, so it shouldn't. :)

19 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

While I remember it, I won't be posting tomorrow. Visting some family, so the earliest I can get back to writing is Thursday. Might stretch to Friday if it gets busy there, but it looks to be a fairly relaxed day there overall, so it shouldn't. :)

Alright! Thanks for the notice! 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, should be good now. I've... got medication.

It's hard to be creative when you've been feeling stressed. But I should be okay now. Working on a writing hobby too.

Wanted to ask you for rp advice, @Blitz Boom.

I feel I keep getting stuck on trying to be the catalyst, always the big new thing for others to react too because I'm shy and scared to be the one doing the reacting. There has to be some story, right? How do I keep from getting stuck like I have been?

I'm okay with the non-objective romance angel I've been going with between Kaltrop and Dawn Streak. But.... in the Tatzelpony case, my objective was to supply an unorthodox encounter of a fight with a friendly, accidental antagonist and a potential solution to the item you lot were looking for. Those goals have been met, and I can't make you see that solution so.... there's, like, nothing more I can do? I can't just keep complicating matters... Sure, was kinda hoping to have the big lug follow you like a puppy and cause more hijinks, like walking through town with him in tow, but...

Or the case with Cerberus too. There's no goal to be had there, so what's to do? Just keep suggesting things we can do? No RP should have a strict endpoint and story to follow, yet it can't just be off-the-cuff of a playdate, right?

It's hard for me to word what the problem is. A problem nevertheless is what I'm having tho.

Is it bad to just constantly throw potential drama at the RP? 

Think we scared away ol' Scar/Moondancer that way.

@Widdershins

It's good that things are getting on track again for you mate. :)

As for your situation, I admit to have played with you as a catalyst indeed, as the random, strange nature of Widdershins seems to be one which are hard to not divert focus from whatever story takes place. I apologize for this. I sorta figured you enjoyed a role such as that, and it is my failure to have not asked further on the subject.

In regards to the Tatzelpony, I fully expect you to have it follow them. I am just trying to establish connections first, then currently, harvesting some of the sap. As I am not sure whatever or not doing so will cause a reaction, I have shown hesitation in pushing things along, but I assure you that they will be on their way shortly, and you can have this strange creature lug along and cause the hijinx you refer to.

If I may come with a suggestion, you could take advantage of Last carrying a blade that even through the scabbard, have a very clear, magical flame burning on it. A light source if you would, which might be something that would initially entice the tatzelpony to walk with them? Or perhaps Cherish's prodding into is mind have made it feel somewhat connected, and want to follow her, which then also means the group as a whole?

Also, Twilight seems content with having the sap from the creature be what they need, and if she says that it is, Last will follow troop. Cherish will just follow, as she's tethered to something Twilight carries. :) So the solution is at hoof. Long as @Sekel is on the same page, and aware of why we are trying to steer things along.

I assure you, next post on the matter will push things along on my side at least, though if you prefer, I can also edit my last post to have the harvesting be successful, then have them start to wander away? With your permission, of course, to avoid godmodding.

Now, regarding @Catpone Cerberus, I can't say what his plans may be. The whole premise of this thread is less of an overarching storyline, and more me trying to accomodate and add to the sort of story that others may have in mind, then see where things goes. It is a Casual Stroll, so to speak. :) So in this situation, you'd have to bring it up with Cerberus himself.

Although if you wish, I could..  Interfere, and insert some things to get you down a less calm and collected path.

That being said, I could arrange for something with Widders that would make him more of a creature to follow a story, rather than being the focus of anything that would require action? Now, even without @Scar having mysteriously vanished, we do have the setting, the statue could cause all sorts of issues once Widders got gathered up and potentially shattered it, and Smokey both have a tale to tell, as well as a desperate want for something to distract him from his heartache. Hell, Sorrow too have a tale worth exploring, with the mentions I have made to their family being a long line of spirit guides, with connections to others of my OC's.

So here's a thought: Why don't the two of us have a grand ol'adventure? We leap straight to the pieces of Widders soul having been collected, with them quickly having gotten the statue from Sorrow and let her run the energy out of her system in peace, to avoid further damage. Then, as Widders collects himself, he will manage to break the unbreakable statue he is trapped in, which releases a small part of Anomaly, from back when she were the Spirit of Destruction, that have been dormant and forgotten within it.

They'd then have to go on a grand adventure to find and likely stop this piece, before it grows too strong and begins to wreck havoc again. They'd likely need some help with spirits, so swinging around Sorrow's familys main stronghold so to say, could be a part of that, whilst the trio would have to go out and try to adventure their way to save the world. :) It might pass along with other stories as they travel, you would not be leading it, it be a simple catalyst, but rather a follower, and it might help getting you outta tye rut so to speak. Something like that tickle the ol' Draconequus bone of mayhem and fun? :D

Heh, thinking on it, it could interfere with you and @Catpone Cerberus's playdate honestly, as the spirit steals one or several of his cats on it's way, or something. Not my decision if anything further would come from that, just putting it out there.

Anyway, please do tell if any of this sounds good to you, or if I totally missed the entire point by a mile. Would not be the first time, and it's not gonna be the last either. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Ya think I'm stretching myself too thin this way? Popping in with every attempt I can to interject my way into things? I'm thinking maybe I should limit myself to one character; maybe go back to Ambie, but that would require closing down the other threadlines though.

Sigh.... Heh, always had a bit of trouble with my ambition keeping up with my creative will!

@Widdershins

I think that you should keep going what you have with Cerberus and Sekel, as it seems like it could go somewhere, but you do need a creative output. If you would prefer to do that with Ambie, and end what were set up elsewhere, that's no skin off my back. I can adapt things easily. :) I am merely offering you a suggestion, not forcing anything down on you after all.

If you do wish to just clean the slate and move on to something fresh, that you can have molded from the bottom and really go at, then lay out a rough idea/plan, (or who Ambie is, as I can't remember any more xD ) and we can start getting ready for something potentially epic. :) I got tons of chars to use, and several more I can pull out of the nether like it were nothing, to suit the need.

@Blitz Boom

I couldn’t remember if Brick Wall was still with Penny and Scarcity or not.  I’ll correct it later if he wasn’t.  I’ve been getting a lot done lately, including getting a loan for a car because my other one kind of fell apart.  I’m back on the road now so everything can get back on track.

@Widdershins

Good to read that things seems to be going better for ya, and sorry that your old car burned out. Had to majorly suck. :/

And Brick are with them. He wouldn't be much of a bodyguard if he weren't. He just doesn't do much else than follow, and observe. Not big on the whole *talking* thing that one.

@Blitz Boom

Think I'd like something a bit more reactionary. Like, going back to the "helping out around town" shameal & shenaniganry that I was doing with Ambie, my simple ponysona. I've been a bit... heh, lacking in energy lately with a new job! There's only so many curveballs one can throw, and while I do enjoy it, its hard to set aside special time.

Especially when I keep lazing about as I do.

Like, wanna resist the urge to have some big mecha the size of a house stomp in. And yes, I got a character that can totes do that.

Well, okay, technically two.

And I have been wanting to Roleplay my Hydra-sona, which I think I've mentioned to @Randimaxis before. Funny how he ain't here too. Guys got a lot to do too!

….. and I think I've lost track of where Widdershins is. I headcannon him as unstuck in time, so he can be in several roleplays & interactions at all the same time. Plus, there's the potential in having him come across himself that way.... and wind up attacking himself like a pet Budgie in a mirror!

I do hear & respect your options you've brought up, I'll give them consideration, but its hard to make decisions, heh!

I'm workin' on being more clear-headed!

P.S: you kinda miss-mentioned me there. Odd how I don't recall that showing for me. 

@Blitz Boom 

The post may be a bit short, but I did put a lot of thought into it.  Charlie has potential for a lot of unusual interactions, and I feel I need to take advantage of that more often.  Creating a name for the changeling was a bit difficult because the changeling brothers had a theme, but I wasn’t sure wether or not to try to break away from that.  I wasn’t sure how I wanted to spell “Naut” because in a way it has multiple meanings depending on how you spell it.  “Knot” can be a measure of speed in nautical miles, but then there is also the word “naught,” as in “all for naught,” which basically means “nothing.”  There’s also the fact that his mind is basically in a knot, and that he’s specifically “not” Kilo.  I settled for “Naut” as it is the best middle ground between options, and can be an abbreviation of Nautical for nautical miles.

7 hours ago, Widdershins said:

@Catpone Cerberus

So, uhm, did I miss your post back to me? Have I waited too long to respond back?

most likely you missed since I haven't seen you reply to me after this 

On 9/8/2019 at 11:21 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Widdershins
"Magic by itself isn't really that impressive, after all, one third of pony kind can do that." Cerberus said nonchalantly as he took the pancake off his back "I'm talking about the powers that allow you to do things ponies can't." "you know, breaking reality, opening portals to other words, things like that....or at least Discord is able to do that." "As far as I know you can just break apart and create pancakes." his tone indicated that he didn't really think that was the case, he ate the pancake.

which is my latest reply to you.

• Brohoof 1