Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you sleep to?

Bright Bastion

• 1 year later...
(edited)

I'm another person who has to have a fan on.  If not a fan (i.e. if I'm staying in a hotel or if the power is out), then I load up fan noises on my cellphone and play that.

Sleeping in dead silence freaks me out for some reason.  Well that and the walls in my house are thin, so if I don't have anything on, I can hear my parents or whomever snoring or yapping.  :laugh:

Edited by Dita_B
  • Brohoof 2

I sleep with a loud Kool Operator Jr fan next to the bed. I can’t sleep without that blast of white noise. If the power goes out I wake right up and can’t fall back to sleep until the fan is running again. I have Echoes of Nature CDs with sounds of rain, ocean waves, etc to relax by, but they aren’t the same as the steady roar of my fan. I can’t sleep in silence no matter how tired I am. I’m totally dependent and it kinda sucks.

• Brohoof 2

I don't need noises to fall asleep at least normally. If I have a lot of stress from work this can a bit different though.

What makes me fall asleep very easily is the sound of falling rain and thunder.

• Brohoof 2

I have misophonia also known as hatred for sounds. I need absolute silence if I am to be able to sleep. My hearing also being overly sensitive I have often had to result to wearing ear plugs and always I will sleep by having my head sandwiched between the pillow and the covers of the bed. That said, there is a sound that helps me sleep and that is any sound that is constant and regular such as an old clock or anything that makes a regular sound that is. 

• Brohoof 1

I have a digital recording of a noise maker sounds that I have slept to for a very long time, as it cancels all annoying sounds from outside. I used to have the noise maker on, but I realized it wouldn't survive the future like a digital recording would.

• Brohoof 3

Complete silence and darkness (but that doesn't always happen and sometimes my mind is active or other issues with falling asleep) 

If that's the case I then put some piano tracks I recorded. 

I recently got into ASMR (flower ASMR on YouTube and putting eating Reese's) and that actually helps but because it's YouTube and there's ads it kind of doesn't work because the loud ad at the end of the video would wake me up. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can sleep in silence but it has to stay that way, if something makes a sound, I'm awake. So usually I have fan or noise machine with rain going.

Absolutely best sound to fall asleep to is when the combine is running and threshing. I don't know if its the sound or the vibrations, but I have never slept as well as I did in the combine cab, riding around of course not operating it. Same could be said for the tractor cab. 

• 9 months later...