Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Regarding Ted Anderson - IDW Comics

The Coffee Pony

I dunno, I was getting more that he was meant to satirize people that do the whole "true art" thing and judge stuff based on whatever is going to them in good with their pretentious social circles instead on it's actual merits(thus why he backed down when someone important like Celestia liked it)

That maybe the case. Honestly I just need to read it some more because more and more I'm hearing differing opinions, the less I hate that comic now.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno, I was getting more that he was meant to satirize people that do the whole "true art" thing and judge stuff based on whatever is going to them in good with their pretentious social circles instead on it's actual merits(thus why he backed down when someone important like Celestia liked it) 

That's more or less what I got out of it. I think its still one of the weaker comics, though.

• Brohoof 2

Is it just me or did this thread change topics completely? Not that I'm complaining if the first topic ran it's course, but it would appear that I'm late to the party  :please:

I used to like the Round Stable. They had good analysis on there a while back but somehow turned from a great analysis, review, and news blog to a band of SJW apologists with articles like this: http://www.roundstable.com/2013/02/04/im-a-brony-and-im-sorry/

I'm just now reading this article due to being at school and wow. There is so much bullshit in there.

First off, the article mentions that bronies are watching the show for the wrong reasons. That implies that there is apparently one reason that everyone watches it, and no one can have different reasons. Granted, there might be a common reason, but it's still a subjective thing.

Second, the article blames bronies for the show not, "changing the world." Dude, if it weren't for bronies, would the show be as popular since it's on a more obscured channel? Lets just say bronies never happened. The show probably would've died out in a season or two due to it not being as accessible as other shows.

Third, the article is misinterpreting what Lauren said when she said she doesn't follow the newer episodes. She didn't say it was because bronies happened she said it was because she wanted to remember the way she thought of it to work.  Jumping to conclusions much?

Third, when you mention episodes from season 1 that use "girly" premises and makes them entertaining, you fail to cite any episodes of later seasons that also do that.

Also, the article just keeps saying that the show should be made just for little girls because Faust intended it that way. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Lauren wanted the show to appeal to girls and their parents. It's basically the broken, "Bronies stole fim from little girls." argument that is complete bull crap. 

I skimmed through the rest and it's just the typical SJW arguments with no real weight to them. So yeah, this article sucks.

Oh, and just a little thing with Ted Anderson. Even though I don't read the comics, he wrote this song I liked for the Pinkie Pie micro comic.

Great, now I can't listen to that the same way again when seeing the "Lyrics by Ted Anderson." I know that might seem a little shallow, but drama artists get into, can taint my views of their work. That's partially why I can't get into Ren and Stimpy due to all the drama John K got into with that show.

• Brohoof 5

I'

Second, the article blames bronies for the show not, "changing the world." Dude, if it weren't for bronies, would the show be as popular since it's on a more obscured channel? Lets just say bronies never happened. The show probably would've died out in a season or two due to it not being as accessible as other shows.

As Tena pointed out when responding to an anti-brony:

If it wasn't for the the show massive success with adult audiences, G4 wouldn't have blown up and become the huge thing it is now and would have died in obscurity just like rest the of the franchise(with the possible exception of G1) did.

We have:

Five seasons totaling 117 episodes(more than all the other gens combined and and a hell of a lot more than the average kid's cartoon)

TWO comic series

Actual chapter-books and guide's to the show world

Two theatrical movies

Trading Cards

A Collectible Card Game 

Tons of high-quality merch from Funko

A Monoply game

A mobile phone game

• Brohoof 3

I'm just now reading this article due to being at school and wow. There is so much bullshit in there.

First off, the article mentions that bronies are watching the show for the wrong reasons. That implies that there is apparently one reason that everyone watches it, and no one can have different reasons. Granted, there might be a common reason, but it's still a subjective thing.

Because there hasn't been shows that had adults watching before. (Apparently.)

Because apparently college students never heard of a "Spongebob."

(EVERYTHING IN ITALICS IS SARCASTICS.)

Ted... 

Also, I feel like making a rant video on Ted that isn't 20 seconds of Doomguy yelling "GOF***YOURSELF."

It might be not the best rant out there, because I haven't made a rant in a long freaking time.

• Brohoof 2

As Tena pointed out when responding to an anti-brony:

If it wasn't for the the show massive success with adult audiences, G4 wouldn't have blown up and become the huge thing it is now and would have died in obscurity just like rest the of the franchise(with the possible exception of G1) did.

We have:

Five seasons totaling 117 episodes(more than all the other gens combined and and a hell of a lot more than the average kid's cartoon)

TWO comic series

Actual chapter-books and guide's to the show world

Two theatrical movies

Trading Cards

A Collectible Card Game 

Tons of high-quality merch from Funko

A Monoply game

A mobile phone game

A bit off topic, but the more I see such successes, the more I wonder if moving over to Cartoon Network if Discovery Family doesn't pan out would be a good idea. I know they have a history of preferring boy programs over girl ones, but FIM is one of the most popular cartoons with a powerful merchandise line that caters to older audiences to coincide with it's focus on it's intended audience. Personally, if CN was offered, even they would admit they would be foolish to pass it up.

• Brohoof 1

I struck a nerve(yes, my blog DOES have posts criticizing the faulty portion of the feminist movement like her on it but I've never reblogged anything sexist or anti-gender-equality)

post-6903-0-59730900-1412792144.png

• Brohoof 1

For future reference(and someone can correct if I'm wrong) she drew this shit and sold T-Shirts of it(who is dragging the show through the mud and corrupting it, now?)

img-3137088-1-tumblr_n6318i3qKL1qfunc4o1

Note: If you're going to besmirch the Bronydom, don't use a picture of a Pony giving a sexy look; it'll just make even some Bronies buy said T-shirt.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 4

So, did they fired him or not?

I heard they are trying to cover it up...

Unfortunately,it doesn't seem like anyone has a clear answer. The fact that it's in question at all leads me to believe that he wasn't fired.

I'm thinking that maybe he didn't get fired, but they took him off the MLP comics.

Unfortunately,it doesn't seem like anyone has a clear answer. The fact that it's in question at all leads me to believe that he wasn't fired.

I'm thinking that maybe he didn't get fired, but they took him off the MLP comics.

Maybe, or they just gave him a warning and let him keep his job, but from now on he works under an alias (Alias in this line of work is a very common practice)

I'd hate to see the IDW sales go down because of this since most of the comics are really good, and that this medium and the books are the only ways we can get more exposure to things that won't likely happen in the show. Like Cadance and Shining armors backstory. Or stories that don't involve any of the mane 6.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

road-rant-bump-sign-54ed6666662a6ac0.jpg

Looks like we got another storm.

Anderson, the writer of the Christmas 2014 EQG issue, took part in an interview here. (It's featured on EQD with plenty of drama.) The most notable part is this:

Do you have any other "My Little Pony" comics on the horizon?

Always. I've got future issues planned in both the main "My Little Pony" series and the "Friends Forever" side series, and I plan to keep on pitching more ideas as long I can come up with them! I've got issues coming out in March and April, and probably more after that.

In other words, Ted Anderson, who was written to be fired by IDW (and an issue I fervently called out upon on here and EQD), is said to still be on the job.

My thoughts?

To say I'm royally pissed off is an understatement. My anger at Equestria Girls is nothing compared to my anger and disappointment towards IDW now.

IDW, you had a really great chance to make a right. Ted Anderson submitted two fancharacters of people known to hate bronies and stereotype them: David McGuire and especially DragonDicks. The latter is a misandrist who's known to use Fluttershy to caption her hatred for men and advocate violence against males. Ted Anderson claimed to feel apologetic, but then goes behind your back and openly supports DD's criminal politics. Previous e-mails confirmed he was fired, but then the other e-mail turned out to be true.

Contrary to popular belief, it's very possible to be very sexist towards your own gender. Ted Anderson's actions following the controversy were extremely sexist towards men. They objectified men. By objectifying men, Anderson was objectifying women simultaneously. Sexism hurts everyone, including the people who believe aren't affected. DragonDicks's blatant misandry is actually just as sexist towards women as it is to men and people altogether. Also, his comparison about how blacks have the ability to crack an anti-white joke is incredibly racist because two wrongs don't make a right. If it's just as wrong for whites to crack an anti-black joke, it's just as wrong for the reverse.

IDW, if you truly valued any respect you had with your customer base — no, if you truly respected women, men, and everyone in between — you would've terminated your relationship with Anderson. His sexist attitude and blatant disregard of his buyers should never be tolerated no matter who you are. Anderson's actions are worse in this regard due to the fact that he advocated bashing of the very customer base that helps buy his work, and many of your customers are parents of very young kids. But now it's quite apparent you don't give a damn about the brony fandom and instead vie to work with an author who openly admitted to manipulating his customers.

I haven't read an FIM IDW comic since the fiasco, but I wanted to. I wasn't gonna touch any of Anderson's comics because they go against the core values of Faust, FIM, ALL of MLP, and myself. Now, you can kiss this reader goodbye for good.

• Brohoof 9

If they aren't going to fire him outright, they need to at least remove him from the MLP comics after he burned the fans like that and got caught promoting someone that openly and quite passionately hates them. 

Still won't boycott because I love the comics to much, but knowing what kind of people they allow to stay on the staff really sullies them a bit and kills some of that massive respect I had for IDW due to their production values. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 5

road-rant-bump-sign-54ed6666662a6ac0.jpg

Looks like we got another storm.

Anderson, the writer of the Christmas 2014 EQG issue, took part in an interview here. (It's featured on EQD with plenty of drama.) The most notable part is this:

In other words, Ted Anderson, who was written to be fired by IDW (and an issue I fervently called out upon on here and EQD), is said to still be on the job.

My thoughts?

To say I'm royally pissed off is an understatement. My anger at Equestria Girls is nothing compared to my anger and disappointment towards IDW now.

IDW, you had a really great chance to make a right. Ted Anderson submitted two fancharacters of people known to hate bronies and stereotype them: David McGuire and especially DragonDicks. The latter is a misandrist who's known to use Fluttershy to caption her hatred for men and advocate violence against males. Ted Anderson claimed to feel apologetic, but then goes behind your back and openly supports DD's criminal politics. Previous e-mails confirmed he was fired, but then the other e-mail turned out to be true.

Contrary to popular belief, it's very possible to be very sexist towards your own gender. Ted Anderson's actions following the controversy were extremely sexist towards men. They objectified men. By objectifying men, Anderson was objectifying women simultaneously. Sexism hurts everyone, including the people who believe aren't affected. DragonDicks's blatant misandry is actually just as sexist towards women as it is to men and people altogether. Also, his comparison about how blacks have the ability to crack an anti-white joke is incredibly racist because two wrongs don't make a right. If it's just as wrong for whites to crack an anti-black joke, it's just as wrong for the reverse.

IDW, if you truly valued any respect you had with your customer base — no, if you truly respected women, men, and everyone in between — you would've terminated your relationship with Anderson. His sexist attitude and blatant disregard of his buyers should never be tolerated no matter who you are. Anderson's actions are worse in this regard due to the fact that he advocated bashing of the very customer base that helps buy his work, and many of your customers are parents of very young kids. But now it's quite apparent you don't give a damn about the brony fandom and instead vie to work with an author who openly admitted to manipulating his customers.

I haven't read an FIM IDW comic since the fiasco, but I wanted to. I wasn't gonna touch any of Anderson's comics because they go against the core values of Faust, FIM, ALL of MLP, and myself. Now, you can kiss this reader goodbye for good.

What I find to be the biggest irony in all of this is that his next comic deals with cyber-bullying, which nearly makes me either laugh my ass off or cringe so hard I'd wrinkle my face, because this is a guy who promotes people who pretty much do the same thing. :angry:

The hypocrisy here is so strong it's making Washington look honest. This is the equivalent of having a neo-fascist give a sermon on why war and hate are wrong and why freedom of thought is great. >_>

• Brohoof 4

I have not read a single IDW comic since that fiasco, now I probably won't ever again because of their support for Ted Anderson and his beliefs. It's also great he's going to try and give us a 'sermon' on cyber bullying considering who he supports.

• Brohoof 5

What I find to be the biggest irony in all of this is that his next comic deals with cyber-bullying, which nearly makes me either laugh my ass off or cringe so hard I'd wrinkle my face, because this is a guy who promotes people who pretty much do the same thing. :angry:

The hypocrisy here is so strong it's making Washington look honest. This is the equivalent of having a neo-fascist give a sermon on why war and hate are wrong and why freedom of thought is great. >_>

That, and she openly supported a movement that sought to silence a fellow artist's freedom of expression and sent him loads of very nasty and vile hate-mail(two of which I can recount from his DA page)

"I hope you die slowly and painfully of cancer, just like your father"

"You're rape apologist scum that get's off on triggering victims"

• Brohoof 3

Well, looks like the hater were right.

Bronies don't really have balls.

Sad but true.

The fandom kept buying his stuff despite his opinons about all of you. :mellow:

I stand by my decision to not let one asshole ruin the experience for me and that I continue to support the rest of the staff. 

• Brohoof 2

All right now, apparently Ted Anderson hasn't been fired. God knows what witchcraft could have kept him on, but it would've been better if he had gotten the shaft cause I'm pretty sure even Faust would slap him in the face.

Also, this upcoming EQG comic is about cyberbullying, even though they already covered that in the movie, but whatever. This just seems like a red flag for Anderson to pull out his little soap box, and attempt to preach to everyone who called him out, assuming his criticism is cyberbullying. No Anderson, that's not how criticism works. You can make respectable criticism without bullying someone. Cyberbullies aren't critics, they're just jerks.

Anderson, just get out of there.

Edited by ChikoritaBrony
  • Brohoof 7

All right now, apparently Ted Anderson hasn't been fired. God knows what witchcraft could have kept him on, but it would've been better if he had gotten the shaft cause I'm pretty sure even Faust would slap him in the face.

Also, this upcoming EQG comic is about cyberbullying, even though they already covered that in the movie, but whatever. This just seems like a red flag for Anderson to pull out his little soap box, and attempt to preach to everyone who called us out, assuming his criticism is cyberbullying. No Anderson, that's not how criticism works. You can make respectable criticism without bullying someone. Cyberbullies aren't critics, they're just jerks.

Anderson, just get out of there.

The irony of having someone that promoted a known cyber-bully(or at least someone that enables them) writing a comic against it hurts like a bat to the head. 

• Brohoof 4

I stand by my decision to not let one asshole ruin the experience for me and that I continue to support the rest of the staff. 

Yes but you are supporting him too.

For me it means they can do everything they want because the fandom will bend over and.....yeah.

Just how beta can one be?

Seriosuly, you call are complaining about trolls and haters but about official writers and artists? Nope they are untouchable.

Depressing....

• Brohoof 2

Yes but you are supporting him too.

For me it means they can do everything they want because the fandom will bend over and.....yeah.

Just how beta can one be?

Seriosuly, you call are complaining about trolls and haters but about official writers and artists? Nope they are untouchable.

Depressing....

I'm fully aware of that, but I'm also not a sociopath that's going to take my dislike on him out on the rest of the staff(which is one of the many reasons I dislike boycotts, it hurts everyone involved and not just the person you dislike)

• Brohoof 3