Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you guys believe in subliminal messages?

Lemon Slices

In last year, I was completely addicted to watching videos about finding subliminal messages in animations (Disney, Pixar and stuff). However, I've really saw subliminal  messages in MLP. I will mention some in an edit of this topic or maybe in an answer, but do you guys believe in that too? Or, if you believe, did you saw ones too?

In the right instances. Like for example if you said that the book Green Eggs and Ham is a reflection on how greedy people can be I'd slap you in the face for bein so damn stupid. But if you said the Reaping in the Hunger Games was a reflection on how dumb the draft was I'd believe you because it's clear because they are alike. The government selecting kids to go off to battle and die and if you didn't there's consequences. So only in the right cases.

As a concept, yes. Advertising is all about subliminal messaging and trying to manipulate the collective mind of the public to buy a product. All of this, of course, in the name of the mighty dollar bill.

Subliminal messages in MLP? Probably not... If there are any, it's probably plot-related stuff like the Nightmare Moon thing from episode 1. There's nothing to gain by hiding secret messages in the background unless it's Hasbro ordering them to flash the words "BUY OUR TOYS" on the screen for a fraction of a second.

What exactly do you mean by believing in them?

I believe in them in the sense that sometimes bored artists will hide things in their work.

I don't think they can really unknowingly alter your thinking in any way though.

• Brohoof 1

No of course I don't believe in subliminal Silverhoof messages. Vote for Silverhoof. Its silly to think these types of things can influence anyone. Silverhoof should be king of all the ponies!

I mean, come on. Obey Silverhoof. Does the brain really process Obey. tiny, unnoticeable messages? Silverhoof is your king. Where is the logic Silverhoof is best pony! in that?

What do you mean believe in them? Yes, they obviously exist. There's clearly proof for those things. A subliminal message is one that is below your sensation threshold. That doesn't mean that you will be mind controlled, that's a society-influenced misconception. Amazon's smiley face in its logo is a good example.

• Brohoof 1

I've read all your answers and, so... Writing "believe" in my topic was exagerating. I was trying to say "Do you guys think there are subliminal messages in MLP (in the evil way) or it's just bullshit?" I think now some of yours will understand now.