Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you handle the pressure?

碇 シンジン

Pressure  

45 users have voted

1. 1. Can you handle the pressure?

• Yes.
    • No.

Can you handle pressure? Do you feel the pressure?

I'm very bad on handling pressure and expectations. If there is pressure on me or I'm expected to do something it makes me panic and I sometimes fail to answer the simplest questions.

Time limits put huge pressure on me. Once I was in math test and there were time limit and I was 15 min late for the class. I was so nervous then. When I was halfway done the test I looked the clock and there were 10 min time left  I was in big panic. I felt the clock running down on me it was so bad. My hands started shaking and the simplest questions took me so long. Questions were so simple but because of my panic and this huge pressure I did so stupid mistakes. After the test I almost cried because I knew that I had failed my expectations.

If someone pressures me to do something I usually crack up and cry, because I can't take the pressure. I feel so much pressure if I need to make important decisions especially if they involve other people. I put pressure on myself if I'm expected to do something.

What do you think about pressure? What are your experiences handling pressure?

• Brohoof 2

I usually work best under pressure, which means i tend to leave work until the last minute, it works out well for me most of the time but sometimes it works out terribly, like if i miss-judge how hard something is and end up taking too long.

So generally pressure is good for me but it gives me bad habits.

• Brohoof 1

For me, pressure is the only thing that will get me to do my work. I leave everything for the last minute and always get it all done. If I do things a little bit at a time, they end up being half-assed and I never get them done the way I want, but when I do them at the very last minute, they turn out exactly how I want and I end up putting my all into them. 

However, if someone is pressuring me to tell them something, that's a completely different kind of pressure and I end up cracking and spilling everything. It's not good, but it's the truth :P 

• Brohoof 1

Working under pressure is one of my strengths in terms of schoolwork and the workplace. It drives me and I always feel the adrenaline rush inside my body. It's a great feeling. When I'm under pressure, I feel more focused, and if anyone tries to disrupt my work, I'll get frustrated. Like @Lost mentioned, it has its good terms, but it does bring you bad habits. 

Like today, I was the only cashier at the front-ends at work, and I didn't have any backup and the manager was busy training new employees. Had to speed up twice as normal and that caused me to go under pressure. I'll admit it was the rush I was looking for. :3 

• Brohoof 2

in gaming I like being under pressure cause it adds a completely new feel to the game to stay focused and one wrong move could cost you

now in the real world I can only handle so much pressure before going completely insane it has happened before in my Junior year all this work being shoveled into my face and had to be done or I would fail that class and I had 6 classes back then but I managed and I really hope to never get that feeling of insanity again which is why I'm really glad I attend a charter school now at this one its smaller classes, less school time and no homework

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame
  • Brohoof 1

Not exactly. I mean, when it comes to the things I love to do, like play music or maybe just a simple video game, the pressure is not so bad. In those cases it turns to that anxious excitement, that painful rush that makes you absolutely giddy after it's all over. That feel that makes you want to do it again and again, even if you never become quite accustomed to the fear.

But then there's the other situations, much more likely in my case: the situation where that pressure brings nothing but stress. No sense of excitement whatsoever. It's all consuming, crushing, and worst of all, paralyzing. I've had my fair share of breakdowns thanks to it. Just thinking about it makes me angry, even. Even when it's over, it's like I can never escape: a brief respite of relief followed by a calm till the next pressure storm comes. I think the endless cycle is finally starting to get to me. Now that I think about it, it looks like every major thing that's wrong with my life is the result of me cracking from the stress. 

And suddenly, I'm really depressed, but I guess that's what happens when you finally acknowledge the truth.

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually addicted to pressure and stress myself, sometimes i feel as if i can't handle my life unless i'm almost dying. It happened before that i found myself taking on as much work and classes as possible just to feel the burn and mental exhaustion.

It's crucial to have a bit of a relaxation before something particularly pressuring anyway; every person has a limit to how much pressure they can take. If you tug a chain for too long, it'll eventually break itself in two.

• Brohoof 1

Deadlines are the biggest pressure for me. I hate getting weekly assignments since it's easy to give other assignments more priority if they have an earlier due date. This continues until I have little time left, and so I keep thinking to myself how fast I need to complete this, or if I should take shortcuts, but that just takes more time sometimes and it frustrates me a lot.

• Brohoof 1

Pressure destroys me on the inside. I mean I can do just fine on a time limit for a test but it adds to the adrenaline. Like when I took the AP English test last year I literally wanted to die. I answered all the questions and wrote out the essays just fine, still made a 2 on it though lol so I kind of choked considering I made a 4 on the practice test, but whatevz the college I wanna go to doesn't even accept AP Tests for credit so hah stupid test. 

Anyway, it makes every question I read feel a lot longer and I'll have to re read some multiple times but I always finish the test regardless of how stressed out the limit is making me.

Soooooo...yes and no? Pressure freaks me out but I usually do fine despite the occasional slip up?

• Brohoof 1

It depends on the situation I am in,I used to view the pressures of my job as somewhat of a personal challenge and for a while it served me well. I got promoted in less than a year but once I got promoted there was a while where I was like "what the hell did I get myself into?" This worked for maybe 4 or 5 years but eventually burnout caught up with me and the pressure started to destroy me physically, mentally and emotionally. I have had 4 work related knee injuries and 1 semi work related knee injuries and as the injuries pile up it becomes more and more difficult to bounce back from them and my body is starting to fall apart. Mentally and emotionally it got so bad that it nearly drove me to suicide last year but though things are still tough I have take some precautionary measures so that I hopefully won't down that road again. And I have a huge potential opportunity to become a Receiver (back room manager) which will help with a lot of these problems, I am the most happy I have been about anything work related since I first got promoted and hope I get this.

• Brohoof 1