Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a form of autism?

Haruhi-chan

182 users have voted

1. 1. Do you have a form of autism?

• Yes
    • No

Mild Asperger's, myself.

As to why there are so many autists here, I would presume that'd be because mlp has something I call an autistic gravitational pull, much like trains, pokemon, sonic, Mario and many others have. Some topics are more likely to become special interests than others, and this is one of them.

My special interest is autism, funnily enough, so I'm trying to keep myself from ranting too much right now.

I'm not sure.  If I had to guess if I do, I might have Asperger syndrome.  It's entirely possible that I do, but it's also entirely possible that I don't have it.

If I do, at worst, I might have a moderate case of Asperger syndrome (my poor communication skills, obsessiveness, (almost) complete lack of empathy, etc.); but even if I do have it, I haven't been that affected at all, so it doesn't really matter too much.  The only diagnosed disorders that I have are ADHD and OCD, which happen to share some symptoms with Asperger syndrome.

But this is all useless speculation unless I get diagnosed, so I really don't know.

Edited by Wyzecat

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yup. A mild for of Autism I have, so you wouldn't know unless I told you. I act very autism-like, but people think its just my personality, which it mostly is, so I have to tell them so they understand it.

Very much so. Aspergers to be specific but I have symptoms from more than just it (I have a LOT of symptoms...). The only terrible part about it is that i get blamed for using it as an excuse when in actuality I just know my limits and how useless I am at like everything. It doesn't help any that on the surface it appears that there's nothing wrong with me because I was forced to learn to interact with people because I wasn't diagnosed until I was in high school. Aaaaaaaand I'm rambling again. That happens a lot...

(edited)

I was diagnosed with a high-functioning autism at the age of 2 and didn't learn about it until I was 9 or 10. I don't talk a lot like those neurotypicals, have learning difficulties at school (especially at university), poor motor skills, communication skills and co-operation skills, inflexible, and have meltdowns whenever too much is thrown at me or I can't handle something.

Also, I wouldn't tell you that I have it until you have suspicions of me...

Edited by d^_^b

I have a very mild case of autism.

I'm quite high on the spectrum, and you probably wouldn't notice it unless I told you.

While I do prefer and work best in isolation, I don't completely isolate myself all the time during the day, and I'm able to work in a group if I'm required.

Another minor issue I have is my speech.

Depending on my state of mind (if I'm dizzy, tired, overheated, or borderline fatigued to the point it gets distracting) my speech can be a bit off in terms of clarity and verbal processing.

Aspherger's (not sure if I'm spelling that right) syndrome. I'm practically bruce banner; A genius yet no control over my anger. 

Hope quoting myself is ok but I have to rescind my post with updated info;

That diagnosis was done 10-15 years ago. I've been talking to a psychologist since February and he said that my diagnosis is more PTSD, Long range/lasting depression and anxiety than autism. I''m gonna change my answer to possibly since there's arguments on both sides of the idea, mainly old info things may have changed and the fact the older therapist worked in a health center while the more recent guy works in a random office/apartment building split for businesses and a partial college campus. 

No, I do not have Autism, but I was tested for it in middle school because I was having difficulties with my academics and was exhibiting signs of isolation. However, I do have a relative that has high-functioning Autism.

Instead, today I struggle with panic disorder and chronic depression. It can certainly be hard to deal with at times.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

ADD, makes it hard to do something that I don't want to do, especially if it takes to long to do it. and I'm a bit hard to socialize with irl.

Not sure about that Autism part though.

Edited by Frannis

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Yes, i am autistic, AND offishally diagnosed. I'm sort of glad i have autism (or aspergers? i'm not really sure the difference much...), it might of helped me stay a nicer person. Theres difficulties i have with words and smells and stuff, though. It can get pretty annoying. Also, i worry about stereo types a bit too much. Maybe not AS much anymore, but it can still be pretty bad..

Edited by PinkuRiku
  • Brohoof 1

As mentioned, Aspberger or High functioning autism. Though it's now being argued that they're not really a part of the Autism spectrum at all. Either that or the whole spectrum thing is now being disproved, I don't remember. 

• 4 months later...

Mild aspbergers altho it doesn't show up (my mom and step dad only care about appearance to other people so i was trained to keep I'm symptoms from showing at a young age)

• Brohoof 1

I do not have a form of autism, but have some close friends who do. As far as I know, it doesn't run in my family. 

• Brohoof 1

Doctors say that i have. ( they are just not sure what kind of autism it is exactly )

I kinda hope i do actually, because then i would get help with Life, which i really need since im still extremely socially awkward.

I really hope they find out that i have autism, otherwise i dont get any help. Which would suck. Because i need help.

• Brohoof 1