Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you watch MLP?

BubblegumPinkie

I started out watching them on the Netflix app, on my roku box thing. Got hooked on the very first episode. We never subscribed to the cable package that had the hub/Discovery kids. Watched all 4 seasons through netflix, as well as the EQG 1 movie.

I didn't even know about fim until it popped up as a suggestion on the Netflix.

I ignored it for a while, assuming it would be like the *previous gens, and didn't start watching till last month! In retrospect, wish I had started watching fim on the day it premiered on The Hub. :(

Although, the drought y'all suffered between s3 and s4, is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, so... I think I kinda lucked out there a bit ;)

I've been buying up the DVD box sets. We now has the first 2 seasons, so far. Will prolly have to order the s3 Dvds online. Have a few more local stores to check first. Does hot topic carry fim DVDs? Was able to get the first EQG movie at a local retailer today, and have season 4 (Dec 2) and Rainbow Rocks (Oct 28) on pre-order from an online store.

*I'm not hating on ponies that like the previous gens, my niece loves em, and it makes me happy to see her happy. I just like fim 3,141 times more :)

TL;DR ver:

Watched all 4 seasons, and the first EQG movie, through Netflix.

Currently undecided on how I'm gonna watch s5, whenever it comes out. Leaning towards something streamy. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Online. Dropped cable years ago and never looked back. It's amazing how much money you can save by taking it all online, and the cable companies hate that.

"Sir, are you aware you qualify for six months of XFINITY for only $29.99 a month with free HBO?"

"I don't watch TV. TV is evil."

"..."

• Brohoof 4

I've only watched MLP on the TV once, I specifically went over to my grandmother's house to watch the season 2 premiere. Good times (i remember going back and forth to the computer to chat with friends online during commercial breaks)

But yeah, I usually watch it on YouTube later that day that the episode airs, or monday morning. 

• Brohoof 3

I always watch it online. Usually on Youtube when the episodes first come out. Then to watch reruns I usually go to other places like maybe dailymotion, However now that MLP is airing at 3:30 I could actually watch it on TV now. Only problem is I don't get The Hub Discovery Family in HD. 

• Brohoof 2

I watch it alot on the Hub (or discovery family now).  the cable package I've got doesn't include this channel, however I have found a loophole. my cable has this thing called the "kids zone" which is six family channels (said channel included) on the same screen and which ever tiny screen the cursor is on, is what you hear.

I don't know if other peoples cable provider has a similar thing, but that's how I've been watching it.

• Brohoof 1

I've bought a few episodes to place on my iPod Touch, and I also share my mother's Netflix account so I get to watch them there, as well.

Before that, though, I did used to look at the episodes on YouTube. They're pretty low quality compared to my iPod Touch versions...

• Brohoof 1

Literally every morning 2 episodes on Netlflix. I've probably watched the entire set of seasons 12+ times so far. Don't know why it just doesn't seem to get old to me lol, I also have it on as background noise when I'm playing a game or not on youtube or doint something else around the home.

• Brohoof 3

Dailymotion, phone, either after school or late night.

Occasionally, for episodes I'm pumped for (season premiere, season finale - favourite episodes) I'll watch it on my laptop.

Edited by BuzzBuzzTheBee
  • Brohoof 1