Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 5 Predictions/Hopes

#1Dashyfan

I think their are lots of Ideas left. Sure some are better than others. I think Hasbro's last resort would be going to bronies for ideas, Witch would be awesome. So many holes need to be filled.

SPOILER WARNING! TURN BACK NOW IF YOU WANT TO BE CLEAN OF SPOILERS.

Poking around mlp wiki and found this info-

Teasers for the upcoming season were provided by the show staff at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con, including episodes centered around the following:

In addition, the staff also showed a brief animatic from a planned episode of season five, showing Twilight and her friends following a map to a remote part of Equestria.

Do not worry. The Golden Oak will be rebuilt.

Also Genepool, why do you think S5 is the final season? Hasbro already confirmed about expanding the franchise for the next 5 years? What about G4.5?

I just hope Rainbow Dash gets her own solo song at some point in season 5. I love her voice, and really want to hear a decent length song with just her.

Do not worry. The Golden Oak will be rebuilt.

Also Genepool, why do you think S5 is the final season? Hasbro already confirmed about expanding the franchise for the next 5 years? What about G4.5?

When it starts getting around 4 seasons, animated shows will start re-evaluating their priorities.  Though it was said they would expand the franchise, it doesn't directly mention the Friendship is Magic series.  They could take off in a whole new direction for G4.5 or skip to a G5 series where they keep the tradition designs right now, but do a completely new story. 

One thing I wouldn't be surprised about is if they did a continuation of sorts since Twilight Sparkle, excuse me, "Princess Twilight Sparkle" is the poster pony of the series right now.  They could have G4.5/G5 follow the wishes of Faust where Twilight takes over Celestia's place as ruler of Equestria and Canterlot, Twilight dissolving her kingdom in Ponyville or have it end up like the castle of the 2 sisters in the Everfree Forest.  She becomes the new ruler with it being like 100+ years after the events of the Mane6's adventures as the purple princess pony alicorn takes over by teaching friendship to a new group of Mane6, one of them destined to be an alicorn princess to keep up the princess motif.

It wouldn't violate what McCarthy said about Twilight not outliving her friends since it would be a completely new series too.   

An episode all about the background ponies? Wonder if it'll be a tie in with another episode like "Games Ponies Play" and "Just for Sidekicks" was. I love it when writers tie episodes together like that.

Wonder how many sublte Doctor Who references they'll do. I practically lept out of my chair at the one in "It Aint Easy Being Breezies."

EDIT: Now I'm somewhat hoping Queen Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon team up. That you can write a million and a half stories with.

Edited by Mustang D
  • Brohoof 2

When it starts getting around 4 seasons, animated shows will start re-evaluating their priorities.  Though it was said they would expand the franchise, it doesn't directly mention the Friendship is Magic series.  They could take off in a whole new direction for G4.5 or skip to a G5 series where they keep the tradition designs right now, but do a completely new story. 

One thing I wouldn't be surprised about is if they did a continuation of sorts since Twilight Sparkle, excuse me, "Princess Twilight Sparkle" is the poster pony of the series right now.  They could have G4.5/G5 follow the wishes of Faust where Twilight takes over Celestia's place as ruler of Equestria and Canterlot, Twilight dissolving her kingdom in Ponyville or have it end up like the castle of the 2 sisters in the Everfree Forest.  She becomes the new ruler with it being like 100+ years after the events of the Mane6's adventures as the purple princess pony alicorn takes over by teaching friendship to a new group of Mane6, one of them destined to be an alicorn princess to keep up the princess motif.

It wouldn't violate what McCarthy said about Twilight not outliving her friends since it would be a completely new series too.   

No, they explicitly mentioned G4. So if it isn't FIM its still G4 Design. G4.5 will focus on the CMC's trying to get another 3 ponies to make up a new Mane 6.

Equestria Daily confirmed that it would still be G4 but not necessary FIM. I'd like it to be G4.5 with Older CMC's. I Just hope that G5 will focus on us bronies. I wish Hasbro did not need to focus on children. Why not make a show for Bronies only?

• Brohoof 1

No, they explicitly mentioned G4. So if it isn't FIM its still G4 Design. G4.5 will focus on the CMC's trying to get another 3 ponies to make up a new Mane 6.

Equestria Daily confirmed that it would still be G4 but not necessary FIM. I'd like it to be G4.5 with Older CMC's. I Just hope that G5 will focus on us bronies. I wish Hasbro did not need to focus on children. Why not make a show for Bronies only?

Do you have a link to the article? I want to re-read it to be sure because what I read, or remember reading, talked about "extending the MLP Franchise for another 5 years" but didn't say specifically that it would be G4. The G4.5 stuff was speculation at best, not confirmed as well.

Do you have a link to the article? I want to re-read it to be sure because what I read, or remember reading, talked about "extending the MLP Franchise for another 5 years" but didn't say specifically that it would be G4. The G4.5 stuff was speculation at best, not confirmed as well.

Well it definitely did say G4.

And let's have another go

1. Rainbow Dash Solo (Fulfilled, at last!) - I'm willing to bet it has something to do with her flying aspirations and about being accepted into the Wonderbolts
  2. Zecora's Background - Applejack (maybe, Fluttershy) accompany(s) her to her homeland or something. Seriously, this is the one idea I have complete faith in. It makes for good exposition and world-building
  3. The Cutie Mark Crusaders - Even if they don't get their cutie marks, just capitalize on the success of Flight to the Finish
  4. Scootaloo's flight issue - Is she going to be able to fly or not?
  5. Family background (Fluttershy) - Never even hinted, explored or mentioned. Also, speaking roles for Twilight Velvet and Star Sparkle.
  6. Give Cadence something to do and write a two-parter where the Princesses aren't useless
  7. Celestia-centric episode
  8. Bring back an antagonist (Chrysalis, also is King Sombra dead?)
  9. Spike's heritage
  • Brohoof 1

And let's have another go

1. Rainbow Dash Solo (Fulfilled, at last!) - I'm willing to bet it has something to do with her flying aspirations and about being accepted into the Wonderbolts
  2. Zecora's Background - Applejack (maybe, Fluttershy) accompany(s) her to her homeland or something. Seriously, this is the one idea I have complete faith in. It makes for good exposition and world-building
  3. The Cutie Mark Crusaders - Even if they don't get their cutie marks, just capitalize on the success of Flight to the Finish
  4. Scootaloo's flight issue - Is she going to be able to fly or not?
  5. Family background (Fluttershy) - Never even hinted, explored or mentioned. Also, speaking roles for Twilight Velvet and Star Sparkle.
  6. Give Cadence something to do and write a two-parter where the Princesses aren't useless
  7. Celestia-centric episode
  8. Bring back an antagonist (Chrysalis, also is King Sombra dead?)
  9. Spike's heritage

Yes Sombra is dead, Meghan McCarthy Confirmed it.

Edited by 41Hornet
  • Brohoof 1

-Applebloom will get help from Luna in a dream

-The rest of the mane six will become alicorns in the finale

- Spike will get some more development

-We'll learn more about the mane six's past

-We'll see some more mythology

-Something BIG will happen in the castle of the two sisters

-more sombra?

Predictions:

-Apple Bloom gets visited by Luna in her dreams

Hopes:

-At least one of the CMC get their cutie mark. I had enough of waiting.

-A flashback episode about Starswirl the Bearded

-An episode all about the sisterly relationship between Celestia and Luna. We can put aside Tyrantlestia due to Celestia in Princess Twilight Sparkle being apologetic about her actions of banishment.

-An episode portraying the life of the married couple through Cadence and Shining Armor or Mr and Mrs Cake. If romance would be integrated in FiM then an already established couple would be a good idea as it is the easiest to use. It can be funny and touching at the same time.

- Discord showing he is a true friend by spending time with the Mane Six besides Fluttershy and Twilight preferably Pinkie Pie

- Spike becoming less of a punching bag and instead becomes heroic.

-For the 100th episode at least one of the following gets a role: Lyra, Derpy, Vinyl Scratch, Octavia and Doctor Whooves

Edited by Sri Aegislash

Here are my hopes

-spike has a perminant growth spurt

-pinkie doesn't have any out of characters mean moments.

-one of the mane six gets a love interest, I think this would work well for applejack or rarity and maybe even twilight with flash...the girls are grown ups so it would make sense to introduce a little bit of innocent romance into the show. Plus it opens up new possibilities for character development.

-at least one of the cmc gets their cute mark/ message about not being jealous of friends when they succed.

-twilight learns to fly

-twi is treated with the same amount of respect as the other princesses. I want this even if it means she is left out of some episodes because it wouldn't make sense for a princess to be present in them.

-rarity gets loads of songs so she can show of her amazing voice more!

-more derpy background scenes

-dashies ego gets knocked down a peg or two I'd like her to learn a lesson about arrogance.

Edited by Flytee

The Sea Pony book mentioned a "Cosmic Council", which Celestia and the Sea Pony King were a part of. I'd like to see them introduced in S5. In an ideal universe, they would have been foreshadowed as early as S3. It would have been really awesome to see their silhouettes in the background when Twilight met Celestia in the Twilight Zone. 

I really just hope S5 is able to live up to the expectations set by S4, considering S4 was pretty good in my opinion.

That and I hope that there will be plenty more amazing songs by Daniel Ingram, because I love the music he does for the show :D.

I just like music, but regardless.

I want to see more of Equestria and the MLP world as a whole. Really explore the different locations, species/races and cultures. We could see where Zecora is originally from, let's see the world outside of Equestria, maybe explore dragons a bit more with a land of dragons. If the show got darker/serious I'd say go for alternate dimensions and some kind of shadow world.

There needs to be an Alice in Wonderland episode too, because everything everywhere forever always does a Wonderland episode.

• Brohoof 1

I think they are going to include the 'frienship transformation power' (idk whats it called) on the first two ep of season 5 and also on the last two ep (which they spam their harmony power in all the first and last two ep on every seasons so far). The friendship thing is damn right OP. The title 'FiM' says it all. Frienship should be OP.

Was thinking of a the great and apologetic trixie episode on the new season and also an ep about an unusual mane 6 combo (eg. Pinkie Pie and Rarity?)

What I want.

I want to see Rarity fight that Giant Crab!

More Flutterbat!

Stallions presented in a favorable light.

Rarity episodes. It's OK to cut the Rainbow Dash episodes. Rarity is more important.

• Brohoof 1

What I want.

Stallions presented in a favorable light.

Yeah, I think it'd be nice to see a stallion getting a bit more focus in an ep.

Was thinking earlier. Have all the mane 6 had a "go crazy" ep yet? I'd say Pinkie, AJ, Rarity and Twilight all have, but can't think of Fluttershy or Dash having an episode where they totally break down and go insane yet. Give 'em one I say.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it will happen in season 5 or 6, but based on some things I'm reading in the Journal of The Two Sisters, I would not be surprised if we see Starswirl the Bearded soon.

Also, I'm doubting we'll see CMC get their cutie marks. Perhaps ever. Why? They are in the show to appeal to younger children who are trying to understand life and finding your path and all of the troubles you'll have growing up and teach them that it's part of life and we all go through it.

Not saying you have to be young to like them. Just that older teens aren't exactly representative of the life of a 10-12 year old now, are they? So they need younger kids trying to find their spot in life to speak out to other kids trying to find their spot in life. But once they found their spot in life, they won't have as much purpose like this

I'm not sure if it will happen in season 5 or 6, but based on some things I'm reading in the Journal of The Two Sisters, I would not be surprised if we see Starswirl the Bearded soon.

Also, I'm doubting we'll see CMC get their cutie marks. Perhaps ever. Why? They are in the show to appeal to younger children who are trying to understand life and finding your path and all of the troubles you'll have growing up and teach them that it's part of life and we all go through it.

Not saying you have to be young to like them. Just that older teens aren't exactly representative of the life of a 10-12 year old now, are they? So they need younger kids trying to find their spot in life to speak out to other kids trying to find their spot in life. But once they found their spot in life, they won't have as much purpose like this

If there is any villain that could better Tirek, it's the Smooze. They can cover the entire of Equus. They are just as powerful as Giygas from Earthbound. Tirek is the only one who can defeat the Smooze. TIREK FOR SUPERWEAPON!!! YEAH!!!