Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something that would likely never exist in Equestria...

PoisonClaw

Perhaps the leather brought up in fanfics are faux leather? I don't think real leather is too far-fetched considering that the CMC used glue in Hearts And Hooves Day.

No helicopters you say?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

At this point, I'm convinced there's no limit to their technology. They just prefer to live old-fashioned.

Don't forget Tank, he has propellars. lol

Perhaps the leather brought up in fanfics are faux leather? I don't think real leather is too far-fetched considering that the CMC used glue in Hearts And Hooves Day.

No helicopters you say?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

At this point, I'm convinced there's no limit to their technology. They just prefer to live old-fashioned.

It's hoof-powered? Well, isn't that something...

You know what will never exist in Equestria? Physics.

• Brohoof 2

Video games. Duh.

Well.. unless Twilight borrows from someone from human world.

Arcade games were shown in Hearts and Hooves Day during the song. But I doubt they'd ever have a gaming industry like ours.

Guns and drugs. I think those would never exist unless they began to trade with the human world.

An Alicorn stallion, they're probably an endangered species. Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 1

Humans. As we've seen, ponies/sirens become human when they go to the other world, so it follows that humans going to Equestria become ponies. So the only source of humans becomes ponies when they cross over, thus there can never be a human in Equestria. (In G4 at least.)

• Brohoof 1

Humans. As we've seen, ponies/sirens become human when they go to the other world, so it follows that humans going to Equestria become ponies. So the only source of humans becomes ponies when they cross over, thus there can never be a human in Equestria. (In G4 at least.)

What if you sent a pony from the human world to Equestrian? Would it become a human?

What if you sent a pony from the human world to Equestrian? Would it become a human?

Interesting question...

post-2257-0-42258700-1415445664_thumb.jpg

Well, from Spike's example we have Dragon->Dog, but human world dogs are still dogs. So I guess human world ponies going to Equestria would still be ponies, just ones without the higher intelligence and sentience of typical Equestrian ponies. Bodies change in the transfer, but minds apparently don't.

• Brohoof 1

Could this be the true origin of Derpy?

There's nothing to suggest Derpy is lacking the sentience of the other ponies. She speaks in "The Last Roundup", after all.

There's nothing to suggest Derpy is lacking the sentience of the other ponies. She speaks in "The Last Roundup", after all.

But surely you'll agree that she's not like typical Equestrian Ponies? And some animals can mimic speech, how sentient they are is a different matter, although this doesn't typically include equines...

In any case even if she originally was an earth pony there's no reason she should become a pegasus. Unless those actually exist in the human world which seems unlikely. Perhaps a spell could be cast while in the human world in order to maintain that state after crossing back to Equestria?

But surely you'll agree that she's not like typical Equestrian Ponies? And some animals can mimic speech, how sentient they are is a different matter, although this doesn't typically include equines...

In any case even if she originally was an earth pony there's no reason she should become a pegasus. Unless those actually exist in the human world which seems unlikely. Perhaps a spell could be cast while in the human world in order to maintain that state after crossing back to Equestria?

I wouldn't agree at all. Equestrian ponies can be unique without assuming they're secretly humans who have crossed into Equestria. Maud is unique, but there's nothing remotely suggesting that she is secretly Human Maud in disguise. Returning to Derpy, she shows clear awareness of the situation she's in, so that makes "just mimicking" unlikely. 

Even ponies with wings lack them in the Human World (unless actively channeling Equestrian magic), so human Derpy lacking wings doesn't indicate that we should expect her to be an Earth Pony if she went to Equestria. She'd become a pegasus, just like original Derpy, I would assume.

I wouldn't agree at all. Equestrian ponies can be unique without assuming they're secretly humans who have crossed into Equestria. Maud is unique, but there's nothing remotely suggesting that she is secretly Human Maud in disguise. Returning to Derpy, she shows clear awareness of the situation she's in, so that makes "just mimicking" unlikely. 

Even ponies with wings lack them in the Human World (unless actively channeling Equestrian magic), so human Derpy lacking wings doesn't indicate that we should expect her to be an Earth Pony if she went to Equestria. She'd become a pegasus, just like original Derpy, I would assume.

First of all it wasn't a serious suggestion. I was making humour off the fact that you suggested human world ponies are less intelligent than Equestrian ones not making some mean spirited dig at Derpy for being different. Geez, relax.

Secondly you forgot that the issue revolved around 'human world' ponies not actual human beings, I know how the EqG dynamics work regarding transformations.

And finally you didn't address my question regarding the possible use of magic spells to alter a human/pony ' s appearance in either world. Is this conceivable in your view? Hypothetically I think it would be possible albeit likely requiring immense magical power.

I always imagined there was a factory somewhere where animals that gave leather were kept, farmed, and Unicorns were on hoof 24/7 to first cast a spell to dull their senses so pain wouldn't bother them, and then remove their skin piece by piece, regrowing it after removing it, then sending them back to the barn to wait until their next shearing session. It'd be about as weird as shearing a sheep, but better because you can make cooler outfits and hats with leather.

At the leather factory...

Where nobody's fears come true

Where not a single foal is true

Where we make these awesome clothes

Now I look awesome...

And I'm going to meet my souuouooouuouuouuouulmaaate.

I always imagined there was a factory somewhere where animals that gave leather were kept, farmed, and Unicorns were on hoof 24/7 to first cast a spell to dull their senses so pain wouldn't bother them, and then remove their skin piece by piece, regrowing it after removing it, then sending them back to the barn to wait until their next shearing session. It'd be about as weird as shearing a sheep, but better because you can make cooler outfits and hats with leather.

Where nobody's fears come true

Where not a single foal is true

Where we make these awesome clothes

Now I look awesome...

And I'm going to meet my souuouooouuouuouuouulmaaate.

Some have pointed out EQ-Girls might count

as the "human" factor for the show....

I don't,  its a different world in which

you can also use the "multidimensional"

effect and such..

That's dumb. The ponies are already 'human' in the sense that they have personalities and attributes as developed as ordinary human beings. Much more so than their anthro counterparts anyway.

Back in My Little Pony Tales & My Little Ponies + Friends, Megan came to Equestria a lot.  In some of the episodes, so did Danny + Molly.  As with Narnia, there may be an age barrier (so, no adults).  Also, Megan was brought by Pegasi & didn't use the portal.  The change could be an effect of going through the portal, not simply travelling to Equestria

As to what's NOT in Equestria.  AJ is mentioned as being a rodeo star, but I would bet the events are different.  If there is bulldogging, the cattle are volunteers.  It could be like Pro Wrestling For Ponies.  But I would bet there isn't calf roping.  At least, not with calves. It would be child abuse.  Also, I'd bet NO BRANDING

As to a terrestrial pony going to Equestria.  Maybe for season 6.  They would have the ability to talk, but would they know how?

As to leather, there are nonsentient  critters, that could be what they are using.  Some books are mentioned as being leather bound.  Perhaps they are evil books, like a magic book being bound in human skin.  (Actually, I've read that isn't too practical, humans make poor leather)

Finally, if there is a pony Kama Sutra or Kinsey Report it could really shake Dash's view of librarians.

Lmao, yeah. I see where you're coming from, Leather would be kind of awkward in Equestria. You know, since the cows talk and all that.

"Is that my cousin you're wearing? Moo!" xD

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you think PETA is awkward IRL, try having cows throw red paint on you. Or, at the cheese factory, they picket "This filth was made by starving our children!"  Distressingly, they do seem to have paparazi, but not motor vehicles, or speed traps. 

Why in the world a race of nudists would have fashion magazines is beyond me.  Although, they do like dressing up on special occasions.

Here's something that will never show up in FiM. Spaceships.

Think about it. There would have to be a lot of technological advances for them to show up. You'd have to have a kingdom or empire that's at least 1000 years more advanced than what we've seen in Canterlot or Ponyville.

Then you'd have to figure out how they have spaceships. Do they just build them? Or do they have one already that's disguised as a building or castle?

Actually, the latter's probably even less likely. You'd have to have something that resembles a spaceship, and it would have to have some kind of laser-based weaponry. We haven't seen anything like that on the show.

Spaceships built from pony-based technology may never show up, but a spaceship could still exist in the show if it came from space.

• Thimbles
  • Helicopters
  • Mattel toys (e.g. Barbie)
  • Cigarettes

Sorry, but helicopters are indeed canon.

Screen capture: fifteen minute mark in "Testing Testing"

img-3274288-1-helicpter01.jpg

Pinkie Pie better be receiving royalty check. She invented the helicopter in "Griffon the Brushoff"

img-3274288-2-helicpter02.jpg

This also supports my theory that Equestria is a far smaller world than Earth, with a much weaker gravitational field. Muscle power could not operate a helicopter on Earth, nor would a Pegasus have enough wingspan to get off of the ground. 

a QWERTY keyboard....

computers....

welding....

machining....

tattoos....

The fact that steam locomotive engines exist in Equestria, pretty much proves that they have welding and machining capabilities. 

img-3274288-3-steampowered.jpg

img-3274288-4-stokingfirebox.jpg

Quite a lot of sophisticated machining goes into building a steam engine. Just look at the speed, temperature, pressure, water level, and oil level gauges over the firebox. It takes a lot of delicate machine work to produce accurate instrumentation for a steam engine.  The coal also implies a rather high level of mining technology in Equestria.

(I am so glad they dropped that really stupid sight gag of ponies pulling a steam engine!)

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2