Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever argue with yourself?

piece5

Yeah, the voices like to have arguments. They get scary when they disagree though...

And to seriousness. Yes, i do argue with myself. As in, say something out loud(Or internally) and then say something to counter it or add positive points to it. It helps with choices. Its usually just me speaking to myself out loud, and then parents come in wondering who im talking too(Which always leads to an awkward conversation, but thats another story). I do it internally while in public, though, to avoid stares and the likes.

Basically, it usually goes like this when i cant choose a game to play: (The voices are just me talking. Im just addin em for immersion like they're different parts of me arguing)

Voice1"Skyrim would be fun to mess around in"   

Voice2"But i've already maxed everything on it. lets play Rebirth"  

V1"Dont wanna continue the madness with that one character though, and i dont need anything on the others. Maybe i should try my chances at Hearthstone"

V2"No! I suck at that! Besides, my cards arent that good. I might want to continue my Fallout adventure"

V1"Nah, that got boring a bit ago when i won. And i dont feel like exploring. Why dont i just play*Insert generic game-name*."

V2"Probably not. Not feeling it"

Voice3"Hey, me. Why dont i just go outside and have a wa-"

V1 and V2 "NO!"

V3"O-Ok, a-alright..."

Continue arguing between V1 and V2 until i actually decide to play something

Sounds crazy, maybe, but this is a healthy thing, imo. Good thing you aren't arrogant enough to think that every idea you have is beyond reproach. Arguing with yourself like that can help you discover new perspectives and understand other people better, and for me is often helpful in problem solving when I need to get some sort of work done.

Just don't beat yourself up over anything and make yourself sad. Then it's not helpful at all.  :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

Of course i argue with myself

No you dont 

Yes, I do

No, You dont

DO TO

DO NOT
DO TO
DO NOT
Oh, yeah than what are we doing now...

umm...we're.... having a conversation

No, argument : A discussion in which the parties involved express disagreement with one another; a debate

Well...we're still not arguing

DO TO

DO NOTDO TO

DO NOTDO TO

DO NOT

etc

Honestly... i dont remember arguing to myself =P

THo thats how probably most arguments would go...

Haha, yes, I actually do tend to take both sides of an argument with myself sometimes. 

Also, I tend to curiously say a question aloud to myself, but then quickly answer it in about 5 seconds.  :please: 

Yes actually. I do it everyday and almost every hour talking to myself either in my mind or out loud. Normally i find myself walking in circles in my dorm room talking to the floor do...you're not the only one. I've heard that its some kind of sign of genius but i may be wrong. 

I only argue with myself if I'm having a lot of trouble making a decision....like what to do for lunch or what to wear today or the pros of taking a shower...

I hate water. 

• 4 years later...

Nah I'm pretty confident with my judgement

"no you're not"

Fuck you!

• Brohoof 2

Oh my gosh my brain is like a war zone. I argue with myself like an old married couple. I never listen despite my endless rambling. I wish I'd shut up so I could get a word in edgewise, but yadadadadada, all day and night. I give me a headache. :lostit:

• Brohoof 2