Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever argue with yourself?

piece5

Having Argument with one's self is totally normal, of course not always specking out loud to oneself. But there always conflicts inside of us that need be resolved and there for the will always be inner Argument going on. Abut what to do abut it. Our what is Right our wrong. Our vise flavor of Ice-cream to pick.

Btw, i do speck to myself when am alone. :P

• Brohoof 2

I never argue with myself. The reason is that I know that I am always right (axiom 22). If I started having contradicting arguments with myself, then half of me would be wrong and that is not acceptable.

Hence, I never argue with myself.

Happens to me often. That is why I go for a walk during the night when pretty much nobody is walking around so that I can have a moment with my self. So that I can clear my head. So that I can argue with my self in peace. My other self is kinda like Edward Hyde :mustache: . He is not a very nice person. However I sometimes argue with other versions of my self, those versions I like since they are not Edward Hyde. 

• Brohoof 1

I argue with myself on a near constant basis! Like you, it helps me think! I also act out scenes from my RP aloud a bit from time to time, which makes me look even ore like a nut!

• Brohoof 1

I never argue with myself. The reason is that I know that I am always right (axiom 22). If I started having contradicting arguments with myself, then half of me would be wrong and that is not acceptable.

Hence, I never argue with myself.

I say arguments with oneself is good thing, when there no one else around tell you that you wrong. Our else might go with false consumption that you are always right.

• Brohoof 1

I also like to imagine myself as a superhero saving all the peeps n such. Guess I'm crazy or something.

If you're crazy, then I'm bat sh*t insane.

On point, I argue with myself....hmm....oh, probably daily.  Sometimes it helps me think, other times it's destructive.  I tend to feel like I have two sides to myself.  There's me, and then there's the other me, inside my mind, the one who's always standing in my way.  The one who wants to see me fail for whatever reason.  The one who seems to believe he has been where I think I need to go, and wants to tell me I'll never get there, so don't try.  My arguments with him have caused me a great deal of depression and self-loathing in the past.  Basically, picture Gollum vs. Smeagol.  Ugh, I must sound like a complete psycho.  Lol.

My other self is kinda like Edward Hyde :mustache: . He is not a very nice person. However I sometimes argue with other versions of my self, those versions I like since they are not Edward Hyde.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who kinda feels this way.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 2

Yes! I call that me "other me". Other me is always the one telling me something is a bad idea before I do it. It's also the one unfortunately who blames me for my mistakes. Dammit I swear it was the flu's fault..

Sort of not really. 

I have DID. I may appear to be arguing with myself, but I am technically arguing with one of my alter egos. We don't agree on everything, but we aren't compete opposites like how a lot of DID people or portrayed.

Arguing with myself: The closest is when I am deciding what I want. For example: I like spice drops. I love skittles more. Skittles are more expensive though. I would have to decide whether I will go with spice drops or pay the extra and get skittles. That is the closest of me arguing with myself. 

• 1 month later...

ALL THE TIME. Most of our arguments go like this:

*I achieve something that I'm proud of. Passing a test, for example.*

"Whoa, a 93%? I expected an 80% at best!"

"93%'s still pretty bad. You should've gotten a 100%."

"I'm just happy with what I got. Science is hard."

"Science isn't hard; you're just too stupid to understand it."

"I'm not stupid."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"I'm not stupid; I won this certificate."

"Last year. It's 2014 and you haven't even made a 4.0GPA. You're a disappointment to your family and you know it."

"..."

"Dumb donkey."

At which point I get depressed and begin failing. It ain't fun.

I act out my thoughts when I'm alone, so intern I talk to myself a lot. It's only because there is almost no one to talk to where I live. Hey, you know what would be awesome? What? *Whispers* What?! No that would be a terrible thing to do! Aww come on. Please? I said no, and that's it. Okay, whatever, wouldn't have worked anyway... :eww:  Sorry, that was darkshadow wind, the other me. He's evil. Really evil...

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I argue with myself all the time, to see two sides of an argument, but frankly I would rather debate myself than someone else, furthermore, one debate I typically have, is if I wish to stay as a brony or not. I have been a brony for over a year now, and have gotten close to quitting the fandom, but I always find good reasons to stay, for friends or new fans that could use a friend, nevertheless, this argument I have with myself will continue, especially if I had a difficult time other fans, or have nothing to share, I pace and ponder if the fandom is worthy enough for me to stay, now if fans out there wish for me to remain as a brony, I might be persuaded, as of now the debate will go on.

• Brohoof 2

All the time! I'm practically insane in the fact that I talk to myself on a daily basis. It's normally when something weird happens, and I need to sort out what I'm thinking or I have to make a decision or I'm mad at myself...

On second thought I just talk to myself.

Talking to myself? Of course

Well, I don't have anybody else to talk to, plus I probably wouldn't want to.

Plus, it is useful to come up with ideas, although I usually discuss philosophy.

Unfortunately, I have had neither the time or inclination to form a tulpa therefore my discussions often end up stale, and I welcome the inclusion of a debate partner, however rare somebody willing to discuss delicate subjects and philosophy may be. Although i have found one, despite not talking to him much.

Its often not needed, being able to act on a subconscious level is much easier and quicker, but doing it this way feels better.

Yep, I pretty much have to run things by in my head before doing it. I find that you can be your own best critic in many arguments. I don't see it as a bad thing, its good to have someone to vent to when there's nobody else around. I even ponder to myself while typing out these responses. :P

• Brohoof 1

All the time. The bad side of me is... Doing bad stuff sometimes, or isn't doing what he's supposed to be doing, and so I tell myself I need to do this and that, and stop doing this or that. It's called my conscience, right?