Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tara Strong's (Twilights's VA) Thoughts On Flash Sentry

GXPBlast

Looks like the voice of Twilight herself has relite the flash sentry rage flame once again when asked about what she thinks of Flash Sentry at the Comikazi Expo when brony asked her thoughts on the matter. I will let the video speak for itself. Discuss the video in the comment below as I am sure many for you have thoughts on this. All I can say is that its sure to bring some hints on the future season of the show and whether Twilight will remain single or not. As the brony in the video said which I agree with, lets hope she remains single for the sake of peace in the fandom lol. I think this is Tara just trolling but you never know.

Edited by GXPBlast

If the writing is decent, I have no issues with a serious relationship being addressed in the show. You can tackle many unexplored themes in friendship this way. Of course, I felt this way about the Cakes and Shining Armor and Cadance, and they haven't really plumbed the obvious themes readily available there, so who knows. 

• Brohoof 7

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOOO, nice one Twily ^_^  . Well, I don't really think with the thematic of the show would be good with one of the main characters following a serious relationship. I prefer they stick with a tease here and there, but I guest it would be fine if at the finale they show a time skip with Twily and the Waifu Thief married

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Every girl likes a 'badguy', right?" :maud:

See, even Tara understands Flash Sentry is a 'bad guy'. :maud:

The reactions were priceless lol.

Stating the she was still single when the audience went crazy with just him saying flashes name

He was like we are not ready yet thank goodness. I assume he claims Twilight as his waifu too lol.

The face she and the others on the panel made after he heard Twilight is still not actively looking to hook up with Flash was hilarious.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

Gosh some bronies can be so weird, freaking out over every little detail in the show. If Flash Sentry and Twilight are a thing who cares as long as it's not written terribly? Relax and let the professionals do their job

• Brohoof 3

I wouldn't mind romance on the show, and I'd be fine with Flash Sentry if he had anything that could be labeled as a personality(like, he could be a paint-huffer who fetishes Toucan Sam for all I care)/if his interactions with Twilight in EQG weren't cringe-inducing tragedies of annoyance.

Know that I needlessly exaggerate my hatred of a cartoon pony who has had maybe ten lines of dialogue not out of spite, but out of love.

(like, he could be a paint-huffer who fetishes Toucan Sam for all I care)

I really like the bend of your imagination! Citrus, You so random!

Back on topic. I think if written well, It could be cute if Twilight went on a couple dates with Flash. If things don't work out well, she could appease the fandom by putting him firmly in the "Friend Zone"!

LOL!

As for me, my headcanon cries out for Twilight X Celestia! I want a double princess wedding!

Hasbro would NEVER go for that though.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Well played Tara Strong, I admire her candour; she is well aware of the fandom's eccentricity. From my experience of a few bronies, some are not mature enough to share much life experiences, whether in real life or from a media perspective, they may reach that pinnacle someday, but for now we are witnessing a new point of view of what the show can become, how a friendship can be tested by relationships, like what happens in real life, moreover, how can we overcome and share our lives with our old friends and life partner. It is a small sampling, Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry, who are we to judge their relationship? Have you ever been friends with people that someone didn't like? It does occur, I have confidence that the writers will indeed take this relationship slowly, as Tara Strong said, so we will get something worth will, a positive male pony character, and a personal relationship, sure some bronies will still whine, but let's have an open mind, for we can have some great MLP moments yet to come.   

• Brohoof 2

Well, I've said elsewhere that I think T was 14 in episode 1, so that makes her 16ish by the end of season 4.  Prime time for a 1st crush.  What I'm curious about is "Why did she call him a bad boy?"  No objection as long as it doesn't deteriorate into a soap opera & I trust the writers enough to believe they will avoid that pitfall

Well, I've said elsewhere that I think T was 14 in episode 1, so that makes her 16ish by the end of season 4.  Prime time for a 1st crush.  What I'm curious about is "Why did she call him a bad boy?"  No objection as long as it doesn't deteriorate into a soap opera & I trust the writers enough to believe they will avoid that pitfall

I think Twilight (and the others) is a bit older than that. Rarity owns her own store after all, and the mane six are all approximately the same age. We do know for certain that Fluttershy is a year older than Pinkie Pie, and Pinkie works for the Cakes, and has a successful party planning business on the side. Fluttershy herself runs a non-profit to take care of her critters. Remember, she had a fund raiser for them in Filli Vanilli.

And now...I go!

(to work!)

Well it only confirm that Tara doesnt even seen Equestria Girls and have no idea that Flash is not a badguy in any shape on form.

However she also repeat what Meghan said on SDCC and on interview with HUB after S4 finale. That "Twilight is taking things slow" instead saying that there will be no shippings or Flash at all. So presumably Flash may appear and act like Spike/Rarity or Discord/Fluttershy and befriend Twilight with those two having their own episodes.

Voice actor obviously cares nothing for movies, hasn't seen them, and clip provides no information whatsoever.

This post has now been abandoned by V

I really can't see them making much of the Twilight Sparkle / Flash Sentry relationship in FIM. Yes, we like MLP, but we're not really the primary target audience. The target audience is 2-11 year old girls, and adding a romantic relationship into the plot line is likely to alienate a large part of the younger end of that demographic. (And from a commercial perspective, the younger end is the more important to keep on board - they're likely to remain fans for longer.)

Theoretically they could add the relationship, but gloss over it as "not really a big thing". But that would seem artificial to me. How can a romantic relationship of the story's protagonist not be a big thing when the whole plot of the show is based on relationships?

In a potential EG3, sure! EG is aimed at an older audience, so they could go there. If they did, they wouldn't necessarily need to work the relationship into FIM too - the two Flash Sentrys are in fact different characters in different universes, and haven't been shown to have any knowledge of each others' existence.

Edited by tobyink

I really can't see them making much of the Twilight Sparkle / Flash Sentry relationship in FIM. Yes, we like MLP, but we're not really the primary target audience. The target audience is 2-11 year old girls, and adding a romantic relationship into the plot line is likely to alienate a large part of the younger end of that demographic.

Previous generations of MLP also contained shipping just as many girls cartoon for 8yr olds. Those same little girls also watch Disney movies with Prince and Princess. It was mostly a reason why Celestia and Luna were not titled as "queens". They can obviously ship the characters but i agree with the statement that they will probably do a poor job. Just look at the previous romances:

Rarity/Blueblood, Rarity/Trenderhoof, Shining/Cadance. Add FlashLight to this pile and you can already expect that next romances wont be any better. If someone really like shippings then he should check IDW comics. They are not afraid to ship tease a popular pairing like Sparity or Fluttercord. They even focus entire arcs for romance between Sombra and Celestia even though comcis are aimed at the same audience as tv show.

That vid.. what did I just watch 

Tara strongs thoughts on flash sentry of course. Also calming many bronies down as flash wont be stealing their waifu yet.....

Edited by GXPBlast