Unusual words that you say a lot?

Jennabun

Are there any unusual or uncommon words that you've adopted into your everyday verbal vocabulary?

I just realized that I use a few really weird words on the regular that nobody else really really says a lot.

For example, one word I say all the time is "frivolous." I barely hear anyone else say that IRL; I have no idea where I picked it up... Yet I hear myself using it almost daily.

I also say the word "arbitrary" way more than the average person. No idea where that came from either.

Do you have any words like that?

• Brohoof 4

34zysdz.png

pleasant pegasister fluttershy fangirl cupcake connoisseur

I love the word confabulation. It just rolls right off the tongue!  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

My OCs:  Dividend YieldStormgiggle | Ask Me questions! | My Counting Game

Jeric, on 25 Sept 2014 - 6:09 PM, said:img-29563-1-img-29563-1-snapback.png

Any problem that you may experience on this site can be solved immediately if you simply throw Fluttershy into a wood chipper.   You can trust me on this, because I'm an administrator. Would I lie?

• Ladies and Gentlemen 
  • Refined
  • Steampunk 
  • Aesthetic 
  • Victorian
  • Corset/Corseted

I wouldn't necessarily call them all "unusual", but no one around here uses those words. I tend to speak in a certain way that makes me sound "higher-class" even when I don't mean to, plus the Victorian period was the best period for clothing so I tend to talk about it a lot.

• Brohoof 1

DZf4iNK.png

matching setups with my bff pathfinder

Hm.. Alrighty, I do have quite a whacky vocabulary, so brace yourself for some silly examples:

- Cripes!

- Discombobulate

- Cantankerous

- Skullduggery 

- Gee Wiz!

- Lolligag 

- Wottery 

There are many others, but those are only a few from the top of my head. I use the word "perplexed" just about any time I describe thinking. It's gotten to somewhat of a pretty bad habit actually!  ^_^

For example, one word I say all the time is "frivolous." I barely hear anyone else say that IRL; I have no idea where I picked it up... Yet I hear myself using it almost daily.

What are you talking about?! I use that word all the time! :wacko: 

Though, that said, there are no end to the plenty of foolish examples to use it on these days!   :lol:

post-26796-0-54896800-1416226304.png

Now with more added tea leaves!

My fantastic signature made by Gone Airbourne

When I need some water, I say that I need dihygrogen monoxide, although I guess it would be even more odd to call it hydroxyl acid.

• Brohoof 1

"You have the voice of the gods."  ~SmittyWerbenjagermanjense

The Evening Breeze - Every Sunday evening at 8pm Central on Bronydom Radio
Brony Internet Directory:  http://brony.co/dir

KI6UAP - Licensed Amateur Radio Operator - Kilo India Six Ubiquitous Armored Ponies

I've found myself saying "u w0t m8/m9" fairly often recently. That's the only new one.

Aside from that, I have a tendency to call everyone "kid" in casual situations. Including, but not limited to: friends, cousins, girlfriends, parents, strangers, etc. No one is immune to their own kidness.  ;)

Nothing else immediately comes to mind, though. But I know there's more...  :huh:

Eh. I'll think of them eventually.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Indeed.

I've found myself saying "u w0t m8/m9" fairly often recently. That's the only new one.

Aside from that, I have a tendency to call everyone "kid" in casual situations. Including, but not limited to: friends, cousins, girlfriends, parents, strangers, etc. No one is immune to their own kidness.  ;)

Nothing else immediately comes to mind, though. But I know there's more...  :huh:

Eh. I'll think of them eventually.  :lol:

u w0t m87 get qwikscoped irl

420 snug it

Well, not to toot my own horn, but I tend to think I have a pretty large vocabulary, so I use a lot of...um....big words.  Let's see, off the top of my head, I guess of few of my most used and favorite words are "contrived," "epitome," "vehemently," and "ideaology."  Here's a fun word to use in everyday speech:  "exacerbation."  I'm also told I say "rarity" a lot.  I really like that word.  It's incredibly useful.  I probably say it at least once a day (not referring to our darling Princess Marshmallow Jewel Butt) without even realizing it.  I've used the word "rarity " frequently for my whole life.  I guess it was a sign...

When I need some water, I say that I need dihygrogen monoxide, although I guess it would be even more odd to call it hydroxyl acid.

Me mates and I made a fun little video for a video productions class back in high school--it was a phony public service announcement warning people of the dangers of death by dihydrogen monoxide inhalation.  We made it sound like some terrifying toxin found in every home in the country.  We quoted a statistic of the number of deaths per year due to dihydrogen monoxide inhalation.  Aka drowning.  It was a riot.

• Brohoof 2

blogentry-26336-0-55665700-1413783982.jp

wtf is up with the size of these letters?

u secretly an ant or something? #GetShrekt

change font size up top. I am bready. For shrek. In da butt.

jks jks i got a girlfriend and da pusi alredy

• Brohoof 1

420 snug it