Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Post your favorite X-mas music or video

Argumedies

Well it's that time of year again and for the first time in quite a while I don't feel like a cranky ole mule

So in light of the up coming Harths warming agendas I wanted to share on what I feel is one of my favorite pieces of X-mas music and that is "Carol of the Bells"

However, (comma) there are three different versions of which I enjoy and I'm not sure which I like best so I will post all three.

The first is by Mannheim Steamroller

Carol of the Bells - Mannheim Steamroller:

The second is by the TSO

Carol of the Bells - Trans-Siberian Orchestra - H…:

And the last is by David Foster

David Foster - Carol Of The Bells:

I've picked these vids for the music, not the vids themselves but the last one is freakin adorable I must admit.

What other pieces of Christmas music do all of you like?

• Brohoof 4

Anything on The Nightmare Before Christmas album if it counts, but my favorite video and song:

I also really like Michael Buble's Christmas album.

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 4

Christmas songs are notoriously awful as cheesy half the time. However, Carol Of The Bells (August Burns Red edition) and Wizards in Winter by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra are two songs I could listen to on repeat forever. And ever. And ever.

• Brohoof 2

There's this cover of jingle bells

I also have a fun Disco style Christmas album by the Sleighriders from the early 1980s on vinyl which I like. It's the same old song's but 4/4 beats and a little more funky and it's good fun.

Christmas music, you say?

I actually do like that lol, and it (the general song) is probably one of my favorites. Ironically, I tend to prefer the Christian songs over the poppy tunes. They can be really pretty, whereas the pop Christmas tunes tend to just be annoying to me.

But as I always have to post, I really like brass/orchestral renditions. I love this one in particular:

• Brohoof 1

Here's a favorite of mine from The Polar Express:

http://youtu.be/eT-sC33vB5M

Here are a couple I just found out about recently:

http://youtu.be/Tcgz08EVKzI

Embedding disabled by publisher:

I'm preparing my playlist of songs that are underplayed by my local Christmas radio station for this season. Always come prepared. ;)

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

The last month and a half of the year is the only time I can listen to Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra without guilt. :lol:  So here's one with them together that I like:

Edited by Yoshi89
  • Brohoof 1

Mitt Hjerte Alltid Vanker as sung by Sissel--a Norwegian Christmas song that's just GORGEOUS. (so is Sissel... :wub: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezQqFXsL49c

I actually fell in love with most of the album. I'd never heard any of these until I went to England and then found the album with her singing them.

Like an Angel Passing Through My Room

In the Bleak Midwinter

Vitae Lux

Thought this thread could use a little revive. (You're awesome if you get that reference! ;) )

Here is a nice recording of Jingle Bells I dug up a while ago, sung as it was originally written in 1857, with such a homely and epic touch to it courtesy of Tom Roush.

http://youtu.be/GwcCtWvkGvk

Here is an absolutely epic piece by the K Foundation/Red Army Choir, "K Cera Cera", a mashup of "Que Sera Sera (What Will Be Will Be)" with "Happy Xmas (War is Over)". The tone of the choir is epic, the tone of the audio effects is chilling and haunting, and it works very well as a Christmas song, especially in contrast to the common fare of this season. B)

Edited by Wind Chaser