Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The worst pony experience ever

FedoraMemes

I read a VERY disturbing fan fic about Twilight Sparkle...

Was it a fic called The Experiments of Twilight Sparkle?

Because I read that several days ago, during a process by where I finally allowed myself to read Cupcakes after months of refusing to look at it, just so I could finally lay to rest my curiosity about what was actually in it. Prior till that my only exposure had been a few seconds of an animation I saw shortly after coming into the fandom, and I figured if I was going to rail against it, I might as well at least know everything about what I'm talking about.

Maybe it's because I read it through an MST instead of straight on, but I found it just laughable in how stupidly poorly written it was. My personal opinion was that it only gained the notoriety it did because it was written so early in the fandom's existence.

Unfortunately in my mind that meant that I could stomach anything Grimdark for the sake of grimdark had to through at me, so I went looking for something worse to try and prove that point to myself. The fic that I read still...initially didn't affect me, till I got near the end and suddenly realized what I was doing, what I was reading. I freaked out, turned off my computer, and crawled into bed to curl into a ball, shivering.

Warning to any other huge Twilight Sparkle fans. Do NOT look up this fic. It is disgusting beyond belief and slanders her name all to pieces.

Was it a fic called The Experiments of Twilight Sparkle?

Because I read that several days ago, during a process by where I finally allowed myself to read Cupcakes after months of refusing to look at it, just so I could finally lay to rest my curiosity about what was actually in it. Prior till that my only exposure had been a few seconds of an animation I saw shortly after coming into the fandom, and I figured if I was going to rail against it, I might as well at least know everything about what I'm talking about.

Maybe it's because I read it through an MST instead of straight on, but I found it just laughable in how stupidly poorly written it was. My personal opinion was that it only gained the notoriety it did because it was written so early in the fandom's existence.

Unfortunately in my mind that meant that I could stomach anything Grimdark for the sake of grimdark had to through at me, so I went looking for something worse to try and prove that point to myself. The fic that I read still...initially didn't affect me, till I got near the end and suddenly realized what I was doing, what I was reading. I freaked out, turned off my computer, and crawled into bed to curl into a ball, shivering.

Warning to any other huge Twilight Sparkle fans. Do NOT look up this fic. It is disgusting beyond belief and slanders her name all to pieces.

It was something like that. Basically if you combine grimdark with clopfic you get the picture of what I read!

It was laughably stupid and I enjoyed it as a laughably stupid experience.

I don't know. I don't think I've had any bad experiences with ponies. Yes, sometimes I've seen r34 ponies on google images when searching for stuff (I always have safe search off for some reason :L ) but actually, it does not bother me. I just ignore it.

OH wait! I know! I was on a website browsing some images and I found this:

WARNING, DISTURBING IMAGE.

I warned you, lol.

Well it's not that bad..

is it wrong I laughed like crazy when I saw that?

Not really, actually. I've read/seen some pretty weird stuff (Trixie's Funhouse, anyone?) but I'm not overly disturbed by this kind of stuff.

What disturbed me was this video I saw where a bunch of bronies go to Pizza Hut. They give us a bad name :P

On December 30th, 2011, I became a brony. It was nice to feel the show's warmth and cuteness creep up on me - I haven't felt that much love from a TV show in a long while prior to that. So when I continued to watch it, I got more and more hooked onto it. Eventually, by the following Tuesday, I had finished watching the entire first season of the show and was looking forward to watching all the episodes from season 2. Here's the catch, though. At the time, I didn't even know that season 2 had been finished it (Family Appreciation Day had not been aired it; it was a few days away), so when I finished up Hearth's Warming Eve, I was shocked to discover that not only was season 2 NOT finished yet, but the next episode hadn't even released yet...

And that's how I really became a brony. I wanted more of whatever this magic was.

Never. Ever. EVER. Type a pony's name into google images unless you are 100% certain that safesearch is on.

Please.

As weird as it is, I think I'm going through my worst pony experience right now.

Not because anything was bad mind you. Music's great, animation's great, community is fantastic (as proven by the likes of you guys), but as I continue watching the show, it feels as if I'm hitting a dead point in my interest towards the show. Like it's not grasping me like it did when I was first an upcoming brony myself. I missed it.

TL;DR - I'm in a mid-pony-life crisis.

I feel like that occasionally. I thought "Huh, maybe I'm growing out of it?" Then Saturday happens again and I remember THAT I NEVER KNEW WHY I LIKED THE SHOW ANYWAY and I don't really know if I care. LOL. In any case, I think I would only enjoy being a brony half as much without the community to hang with and enjoy the fruits of.

(edited)

Well, when I first watched the pilot in mid July, I stopped watching for a few days for some reason, and when I came back from watchng Captain America: The First Avenger, I read about Cupcakes in the High Octane Nightmare Fuel page from TV Tropes, and since I was curious, I decided to read it. It was gross. Then I found out about Sweet Apple Massacre and I held myself from reading it until late December. It was also gross. Other than that, everything else was fine.

Edited by SuperNintendo64

• 2 weeks later...

Worst pony experience?

The show theme song.

... I still can't get through it... http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png Makes me a bit ashamed...

I've heard that a lot of bronies think that the intro is probably the girliest part of the show. However, I enjoy singing a long to it, it makes me feel proud :)

• Brohoof 1

I have an insanely high tolerance for gut wrenchingly horrible shows (that's actually one of the reasons I was not afraid to watch this show when I first discovered it) but newborn cuties scarred me for life. I've never thrown up inside my mouth so violently and frequently before or since... After I was done I felt like going back in time before I watched it and killing myself. Seriously.

Bad fan fics don't effect me as much. I've actually read a nice shipping fic resently that shipped Bloomberg with Tom. It was beautiful... Sort of... Not really. >.<

Worst pony experience? Well, I've got a high tolerance for fanfics such as Cupcakes, but still, reading Cupcakes and later on, Sweet Apple Massacre really made me sick.

Oh yes, and G3 of course. Horrible.

Edited by WhiteLightning

I'll just say; being dared into looking at some really bad 'adult' pony stuff is no fun...

I also had a dream were i had an IRL crush on Twilight, we were attending a course at the same school or something

you guys have got me intrigued about this, so im going to watch the first episode of this bronies thing.... *puts on russian combat helmet* wish me luck

Edited by Midnight Moon
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think I've really had any "bad" experiences on ponies yet.

That's right.

Grimdark? I like it.

Cupcakes? I love it.

Sight of R34? Not enough to traumatize me.

I guess the worst to come is my slowly depleting interest of this forum.

It's still there, but it's not like it used to be.

I haven't read any pony things considered "grimdark" because I absolutely hate this stuff. I personally was way more grossed out about shed.mov than the 2 r34 pictures I've seen that far(which weren't very explicit to be honest).

The only thing I was really shocked about was when I read "Romance Reports", the only clopfic I've read so far. The story is kinda well written but I really had to brace myself not to clop. I managed to get through the story without but I was really shocked that I had to tell myself "Don't do it, you may destroy the show for you" all the time while reading :blink:

Edited by Wildcard

While looking at MLP related videos on YouTube, I came across a video: Bronies Watch MLP: The Runaway Rainbow. The 6 part video is some bronies watching one of the G3 movies. I've just finished watching all the parts and my god, it was absolutely terrible! The animation was terrible, acting was terrible and the plot line was bucking appalling! The worst part was, the ponies respected Spike!

So basically, the aim of this thread is: have you had any bad pony experiences? Can be with G4 or past generations.

You think that is bad? I saw them ALL.

I've heard that a lot of bronies think that the intro is probably the girliest part of the show. However, I enjoy singing a long to it, it makes me feel proud :)

... Wha-fawq?

:blink: