Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you celebrate easter?

Gizmo

So Easter is tommorow, and I'm currious how all of you guys&gals celebrate(If you celebrate).

This is how my family celebrates:

My family paints/dyes eggs and make Cascarones (Hallowed out eggs with confetti inside) and just generally have fun with those, and every year at exactly 7:00Pm we have a huge dinner, this year we're doing Ham and rotisserie chicken and a bunch of other sides.

Does everyone else celebrate in a similar fashion, or what special traditions does your family have?

Personally, I just eat an unhealthy amount of candy. But I do that anyway, Easter is just a time where I can do it more and with an excuse.

The rest of my family does all sorts of religious stuff and I get dragged into it :/

I used to go on Easter Egg Hunts as a child and there were some religious activities such as not eating meat for most of the day except fish. (And I hate fish, so I didn't eat anything.) Now we don't really celebrate it all that much anymore asides from my mom buying me a giant chocolate bunny every year.

I usually dye eggs with my family on Friday (which then would be eaten on Sunday by being turned into deviled eggs or something like that).

Then on Sunday morning when I was younger, I'd get some candy, etc in a basket. I don't get one anymore, though my brother does. After that, we'd go to church, then have a huge dinner at about 3 or 4 pm.

This easter will be me working on a paper for english class that is due Monday, so it won't be too fun...

Growing up i used to find chocolate eggs that were all hidden around the house which was really amusing as a kid, but now i just got out and hang out with my friends and drink some beer :P

eat babies

We go to the park for an easter egg hunt, but instead of eggs I use water balloons, and instead of looking for them, I throw them at my friend

My family's gonna go to my grandma's house for dinner

We usually do the egg hunt, too... My brother and his best friend (cousin of the same age) really enjoy that

(edited)

Apparently by somehow getting sick, the day before, thus preventing me from eating any kind of chocolate on Easter.

-__-"

Edited by Marshmallow

My family doesn't celebrate Easter.

Oh wait, my mom is adding an egg omelete into the noodle soup. Does that count?

We used to paint eggs and then hide them and hide candy around the house. Found out one year my parents kept a map of where everything was hidden so it got less fun when i grabbed everything before my brother and sis. Then we usually would go out to a fancy buffet after an Easter morning service.

Sadly this year I got scheduled to work at 10:00 AM and a double shift.

My family usually go to this lame Easter party held at some lame local neighborhood park and I'm forced to go. I don't normally celebrate Easter even with my my family, but I do like being devious and help out hiding the eggs and when its time for the kids to search and destroy the other kids before they get to the prize, I just point them in the right direction and watch the mayhem. >:)

I don't really celebrate Easter unless it's just going along with my family and whatnot.

I celebrate the Spring Equniox called Ostara in March, which happens to be the true Pagan holiday that easter was based on. It's also where the rabbit and egg symbols came from. (Fertility symbols)

I travel somewhere out of the state. For example:

2009 - Miami (Home.... :wub:)

2010 - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

2011 - Williamsburg, VA

2012 - Domincan Republic again :)

And possibly.....

2013 - Italy

Hey, since I'm going to Italy next year either way, that means I get to listen to the Italian version of the FiM theme song when I'm watchin' mah ponies over there :D

Every year my dad's side of the family comes over for breakfast, and then we go to my grandma's house for lunch/dinner. But with the fairly recent passing of my grandma, my home got voted to do Easter. So tomorrow we're hosting breakfast and dinner!... :huh:

I don't know how it's gonna go. My mom can barely handle Thanksgiving. This past year she snapped at me for arguing with her where something was in my room. So both of the families in one day in my house...

:unsure:

It should be fun. It's only as bad as you make it, right?