Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you celebrate easter?

Gizmo

I celebrate easter by eating candy chocolate eggs, and jelly beans... and ham for dinner. Usually I'd go to church, but work prevents me from making that a possibility.

we go to my grandmas place have a feast for about 6 people but its fit for a king...then we all watch tv for a couple hours makin every minute more awkward as we get bored and things settle down...i then hied about 40 eggs i my grandmas house....which she is still finding from last year. THen i get yelled at for somethin stupi and afer that its the gathering of the leftovers and a 2 hour good bye with people we will see in about a week anyway (cousins bday)....yeah thats easter........

(edited)

Puts up (fake) colored feathers in bushes and shit and eat candy inside eggs :P

Edited by Jokuc

Easter here, is first of all celebrated by going to church. As the point of Easter is religious. ;P

Beyond the religious celebrations, we tend to have a party of some sorts. We do the usual chocolates and egg hunts that somehow got associated with Easter. A few small presents, and plenty of chocolate to make you sick :P

My family isn't religious in any way, so we use today to celebrate the excuse to make lots of delicious food. And we might hid some plastic eggs around the house for my brother to find with some money in them. Tis about it for us.

(edited)

Here in Greece We go to church and after than We roast Lamp and eat it. We don't have egg hunting but we do get chocolate eggs. We also dye eggs and then hit then together(Not sure how to explain that :P ) And that about it :P

But I have a week for easter :P Not easter here yet

Edited by Trixie's Apprentice Leona

My family hasn't regularly gone to church in eight plus years, and we haven't done the Easter egg hunt stuff since I was 10 or so. So there isn't much to Easter for us these days. My parents still buy me candy and stuff, though.

I go to the Easter service at my church, and... nothing else.

We used to have egg hunts, then we moved on to plain candy hunts, and now we don't do that at all anymore. We might pick up something from the store, though, since it's rather cheap.

Used to receive chocolate as gifts about four years ago. That has since stopped and nobody really does anything for Easter in my immediate family, though, it does give us an excuse to indulge a bit.

• Brohoof 1

Easter here, is first of all celebrated by going to church. As the point of Easter is religious. ;P

Nonsense. Easter is all about buying copious amounts of junkfood and becoming fat.

As for myself, I celebrate Easter by being woken up entirely too bloody early for a weekend by my family wanting to wish me a happy Easter. Seriously, guys, you can wish me a happy Easter just as easily two or three hours down the line.

We really don't do much for Easter now that the youngest in the family (me) is a senior in high school. We get some chocolate bunnies and have dinner with the whole family. We've never been really religious, the only Easter-y part of the day is the decor and my uncle saying Grace as he does for every large meal. Somehow I don't miss the dyeing and egg hunting from my younger years.

This year it was just my family and my grandpa. My dad and I prepared a nice dinner. We ate a ton of food, then we retired to the living room and just sat around talking and being fat. I was pretty surprised that my parents set up a basket for me this year, but I'm cool with some nice chocolate. I let my little brother have my big chocolate bunny, though. I ain't eating all that, and chocolate is one of the few candies he actually likes.

• 6 years later...

We don’t do much, just usually stay home and hang out with family, and I always end up gorging myself on Easter candy...especially Peeps! :ticking:

• Brohoof 1

I don't actually celebrate Easter. I never really know when it is to be honest. I usually have to go by the sudden appearance of chocolate eggs in the shops as a time stamp. The closest I get to celebrating Easter is if I'm lucky enough to get cheap discount chocolate eggs to gorge on. Much like the following week after Valentines Day. Except with Easter, the chocolates are egg or bunny shaped. Basically, if it's a holiday that I don't celebrate that has chocolate somewhere in it, I just sit on the outskirts of the holiday and wait for the chocolate to overspill. :-P

• Brohoof 1

I don't. I despise Spring. It is the most depressing time of the year for me. If I was a Christian, I would probably still celebrate, but for me as a non-Christian, it's just a celebration of Spring and I hate Spring, so...

(Have I mentioned I hate Spring yet?)

I go to church in the morning, then enjoy a few goodies from the Easter Bunny, have an early dinner of lamb with strawberry shortcake for dessert, and watch Easter Parade on dvd. If I have to work it's a little different and I sometimes go to the Easter Vigil Mass on the previous night.

• Brohoof 2