Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do think of the MLP commercials?

iluvfluttershy

They're obviously PONY-RIFIC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fSWx9aHyUEk

The voice here, though:

Not even close. -_-  I liked the part where Rainbow was flying around, though. xD

"Ask a parent first."  And not even necessarily one of YOUR parents; just anyone who's a parent.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby
  • Brohoof 1

Beyond the poor voice acting, they're a gender-conforming stereotype wrapped up in one big box. "Family" toys should be toys — played by not just boys and girls regardless of age, not just for one age group and one sex. These commercials do nothing to subvert that.

Edited by Old King Q
  • Brohoof 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7612ozqgRM

There is a massive disconnect between the passion, motivation, quality, and respect for the characters that the animation department has for the MLP brand, and the completely vapid crap the toy department puts out. These girls look like they've been given a large amount of champagne and forced to smile weakly at gun point. 

compare that to The Hub's (Ripperino in pepperino) commercials

"There is a massive disconnect because the passion, motivation, quality, and respect for the characters that the animation department has for the MLP brand, and the completely vapid crap the toy department puts out. These girls look like they've been given a large amount of champagne and forced to smile weakly at gun point."

Terrifying. Just... Terrifying!

I live in a bit of a bubble.

No Cable

No Sat

Just Intertubes and a Roku box.

I had actually forgotten about the concept of televised advertising, excepting HuluPlus. But even that is tame and tends to have adverts that seem to be directed at investors more than the ponies who watch them.

And, no. I will not click on any of those adverts posted above. I do not need to destroy my appreciation for the show.

The toy ones are super cringy..but I guess they're not as bad to a young girl audience. The ones for the actual show are pretty good though. Especially the season 5 ones  :D

They're pretty horrible. It's not just the MLP commercials I hate, either. I hate 99.99% of the commercials I see everyday. Seriously, people don't know how to make commercials that aren't annoying these days. 

The ones over here are so bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVVjSN7bbJ0

There was another advert from the same channel, but I can't find it anywhere. It was so cringeworthy... ;_;

Oh god I hope my friend didn't see that, that thing is one of the worst ways to describe this show, sigh I feel sorry for all the people who were put off of this show by that thing. But from what I understand a lot of the toy commercials are similar, in which case I don't support them as they continue the concept of gender roles, sigh why can't hasbro learn from FIM... 

• Brohoof 2

They're pretty horrible. It's not just the MLP commercials I hate, either. I hate 99.99% of the commercials I see everyday. Seriously, people don't know how to make commercials that aren't annoying these days. 

What about this one (tho it's not MLP related, but whatever)? I find this specific commercial to be cleverly well done in every aspect. :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUG9qYTJMsI

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 2

Commercials are the one place where Hasbro doesn't cobsider the male fanbase. This just makes bronies look bad to my parents when they see these girly commercials. They ask "so you're into this girly stuff?" I swear if I worked in the ideas department I would suggest them to acknowledge all the people who enjoy the show and market to them. More people= more money it would boost sales and make more fans happy!

Edited by SergeantShy