Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler 100th Episode - How will fans react?

Meanlucario

The reaction seems to be positive so far, interestingly enough because (as I predicted) "OMG DERPY!!!" 

Yup chirox Dude. You got that one right. The reaction will be 100% positive. 

• Brohoof 2

Its kinda nice to see something more Slice of Life and my last statement, i wanted to sound Epic :comeatus: .

• Brohoof 1

I want to see the the episode do a huge search and destroy on headcanons and fanons everywhere just so I can see the immense amount of chaos caused in the fandom because their fanfics are ruined!

I want to see the the episode do a huge search and destroy on headcanons and fanons everywhere just so I can see the immense amount of chaos caused in the fandom because their fanfics are ruined!

uh Nuke87654, you JUST don't get it, don't you? The headcanons, fanons and fanfics will NOT be destroyed because of the one-time 100th episode. Seriously! And just a reminder for you Nuke87654, calm down and don't fret right now. 

I'm kind of annoyed that they gave Derpy her censored voice (I thought that the controversy with the Tumblrinas saying she was offensive had died down), but the episode itself looks okay, it's nice they gave Octavia the generally accepted voice that the fandom gave her, but I don't see myself getting too worked up about the episode.

(edited)

uh Nuke87654, you JUST don't get it, don't you? The headcanons, fanons and fanfics will NOT be destroyed because of the one-time 100th episode. Seriously! And just a reminder for you Nuke87654, calm down and don't fret right now. 

Who said I was upset? I just want to see it as I think it will be hilarious seeing the reactions to fanons destroyed is all. It's all in good fun.

Edited by Nuke87654

I'm kind of annoyed that they gave Derpy her censored voice (I thought that the controversy with the Tumblrinas saying she was offensive had died down), but the episode itself looks okay, it's nice they gave Octavia the generally accepted voice that the fandom gave her, but I don't see myself getting too worked up about the episode.

I personally like Derpy's voice, but that's just my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, I hope they won't slaughter the voices. Those like dj pon3, if they make excessively girly, imma flip.I don't know. Nopony does. The voices need to match the pony. If they do that, Ill be fine. I know I'm bout to receive a deal of disagreements, but honestly, derpy hooves was fine the way they had the voice.

Derpy Hooves voice was perfect the first time. It fit the (dear I say) derpy personality. She's adored, nuff said.

Edited by Firedusk
  • Brohoof 1

I think certain headcannons will come true only because there are still kids who watch this and they also can't copyright (ex: doctor whooves). So only certain background ponies will get to be close to how the fandom portrays them (ex: Vinyl Scratch, Derpy)

• Brohoof 1

Well, I hope they won't slaughter the voices. Those like dj pon3, if they make excessively girly, imma flip.I don't know. Nopony does. The voices need to match the pony. If they do that, Ill be fine. I know I'm bout to receive a deal of disagreements, but honestly, derpy hooves was fine the way they had the voice.

Derpy Hooves voice was perfect the first time. It fit the (dear I say) derpy personality. She's adored, nuff said.

i dont think this is a spoiler (its about voices) 

--they changed derpy's voice again, Imo it sounds good. They also changed octavia's voice from the one she had in EQG (guess they heard people's cries) and she is now british as people prefer her.

There'll be 3 main reactions...

1. Those whom his head canon fading away: Angry

2. Those whom his head canon becomes oficial canon: Overjoy

3. Those whom doesn't really matter, and just enjoy the show and the fandom the way they are: As happy as alway.

I'm the last one, I hope there will be very little of the first one.

It'll be either a very positive reaction, or a very negative reaction.

I hope and pray that it'll be positive, after the stuff with Derpy (even though, I don't think I was there through it) and that stupid Twilicorn and Equestria Girls bullshit, and the thing that almost (thank god it didn't) with Twilight's library, I don't think I can take anymore or the fanbase, so they have to make it good no matter what.

If the episode is perfect, everyone will love it. If it misses it's incredibly small target area of perfection, absolute wrath and hatred towards it and anything relating to it. 

No hell can't break lose in this episode because there already been enough of that.

I'm actually a tad pessimistic about this episode because I think the fandom will love it, because I fear it could over do it with the pandering.

Hopefully they just did something neutral that was still fun that doesn't really delve deeply into any of these characters.

Yes, the could be best or may not be as long as too many bitches don't complain about it.

It'll undoubtedly be a very divisive episode, you'll have people who will either love it or hate it, no matter what happens in it

I guess that's unfortunately true...

A lot of people's headcanons will be broken but a lot more will be born so I think there will be a very mixed reaction from everypony.

Tavi had one line in RR and it didn't meet the standards and we know how that went down.

And they obviously can't get Nowacking for Vinyl should she make an appearance for obvious reasons, so there's going to be hate on that we already know.

I bet the witters are spending a lot of time on the episode because if they mess it up then the fandom will be pretty ticked off. I believe that the witters love the characters as much as we do and it is their creation and we just kind of added their personalities, so we really can't be mad at them. -_-   I'm sure they will stick to the traits we gave them. Well vinyl not so much because it looks like they made her mute in the EG:RR movie but that's in another wold. I've been in the fandom for a long time now (not since the beginning though) and if one thing is for sure it that the witters always finds a way to either top expectations, falls sort, or totally runes the experience. In other words, anything can happen. I just hope they bring back Drepy and give her more lines. Soccer moms back off. :okiedokielokie:   I have confidence in the witters, but just in case brace your self.

Well, that is a very positive way of putting it. When you think like that, it makes everyone think things are gonna be much fine, or at least hope everything will be fine... or at least just soften the blows... :adorkable:

Well, I don't know about you guys, but Hasbro will be putting out their best flame shield they have.

Well, they will most likely have to if they won't to prepare for a few bullshit uproars.

• Brohoof 1

It'll become another fandom drama where there will be half the fandom crying about their headcanons being broken and there will also be some people claiming that they've "left the fandom" or that they "don't like MLP anymore" only to come back in like a week.

• Brohoof 4

It'll become another fandom drama where there will be half the fandom crying about their headcanons being broken and there will also be some people claiming that they've "left the fandom" or that they "don't like MLP anymore" only to come back in like a week.

Wait, seriously? That honestly what happened with some of them? They say the don't like MLP anymore or they left the fandom, and just came back to it?

Wait, seriously? That honestly what happened with some of them? They say the don't like MLP anymore or they left the fandom, and just came back to it?

ehhh, Canterlot Wedding, Twilicorn, Equestria Girls, Flash Sentry stealing their waifu...... It happened  ;)

• Brohoof 2

NO need to panic people...But after all it's just an one-time episode. The headcanons/fanfics/fannons will NOT be destroyed! End of story!

There is going to be a truly huge amount of rage from certain segments of the fandom if any little thing in the 100th episode doesn't jive with what is generally accepted by fans in their collective headcanon.

The way I see it, MLP is the producers' sandbox, so they can do with it what they want. The fact that they're doing an episode on the background ponies at all is a nod to the fans. As to what they do with it, that's up to them. When it comes to the oh-so-hurt fans, well, I'll probably be trolling them for laughs, honestly, if they're going to get themselves that worked up.

• Brohoof 3