• Super Mario 64
  • Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
  • NFS Hot Pursuit 2
  • Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance
  • Sonic 1 and 2
  • Hot Shots Golf

I love those games still  :derp:

(edited)

My very first game was Sonic 2. I have very, very fond memories about that game, along with Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Just playing fills me with nostalgia. Kirby Super Star Ultra also was a huge step for my gaming self. I only recently beat Marx Soul, actually.

The game that MADE my childhood, though, was definitely Pokemon Diamond & Platinum. I played those games all day with my friends. Oh boy, now I have memories about my friend's incredibly overleveled Primplup (Level 30) still being unable to beat the second gym (I beat it for her, actually, by spamming Metal Claw. I am fairly sure this is how we became best friends), how surprised I was when I found out Cynthia was the champion, me being wowed by the Distortion World (and thoroughly creeped out by Giratina), me catching Uxie and Azelf after hours of Ultra Balls... ah yes, a simpler time.

Edited by Shift

• 2 weeks later...

The games that made my childhood would have to be: 

- Mario 64

- Super Smash Bros.

- Super Smash Bros. Melee

- Super Mario Sunshine

- Pokemon Yellow

- Pokemon Stadium 

- Pokemon Stadium 2

- Kingdom Hearts

- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

- Yoshi's Island

- Super Mario World 

idk how far back in time childhood is considered so I'll just post all games I used to play under the age of 12 (I still play some of them)

• The Pokémon games, all of them. For the GBC, GBA and NDS. I have played the pokémon games sooo much it is ridicilous, I still play them. Crystal, FR/LG, R/S/E especially. I never played gold and silver as crystal came out when I got my first game boy color
  • The Worms games. Worms Armageddon, Worms World Party, Worms 3D and Worms 4 Mayhem
  • Supaplex. A puzzle game I always played with my dad when I was super young. The first computer game I ever played I believe.
  • Igor the time machine. Pretty much a new ripoff of the game above.
  • Bud Redhead The Time Chase. It's a silly little platform game I used to play.
  • The Super Mario games. Yeah.
  • Star Wars battlefront, ofc.
  • Space Invaders. I played this a lot with my dad when I was young.
  • Battle for Middle-Earth 1&2. I played these RTS games from the age of 7 to the age of 14 and became one of the best players in the world in the rankings :3 this game was my life. Like, if you think you have a lot of hours on your CS:GO or whatever, you haven't seen the time I've put down playing this game. It's just like the pokémon games, I played it aaaallll the time.

I think that's it but there's probably more.

IF I had to pick one game only though it has to be Pokémon Ruby. Maaaaaaan this was my 2nd pokémon game after crystal, overall I think crystal has a nicer world and all but I was a bit young to really understand what was going on when I played crystal (we didn't have swedish versions of the game it was all in english and I was like 5 years old when crystal came out) and the new awesome graphics in ruby were overwhelming. I played emerald more than ruby once it came out but you know once I started a new adventure it was all old cause I've done the most in ruby. omg ruby my bby ;-;

*nostalgiatears*

Mario Kart Wii! I'm still only in my early teens but I thought I'd mention the games that I played when I was younger! Mario Kart was one of the first Wii games I ever got, and me and my brother played it day in, day out. My brother was far more obsessed with it though. I also liked Ben 10: Protector of Earth. I used to love Ben 10, and I was very upset when it was cancelled a few years ago, but before that I enjoyed playing what I think was the first video game based off of it on Wii. It still remains a great game to me today, despite the fact that I could only change into a small handful of aliens. It really made my day every time I played it. Same with Sonic Unleashed. Although the Wii version of that game is known to be inferior to the game on Xbox360, I was unaware of that at the time, and I didn't have an Xbox anyway. But I thought it was the best game ever. Now I realise that, yes, the Xbox version is better, but when I played Sonic Unleashed when I was younger it gave me a sense of wonderment... And I just loved it so damn much!

I tended to be more of a PC kid's gamer as a child, and games based on Thomas and Friends and The Magic School Bus were my favorites. In terms of consoles, my most nostalgic game would have to be Simpsons Hit and Run for the PS2.

For me, it was Ratchet and Clank 2, which I must have played through about 7 times in a row, and the Simpsons: Hit and Run, a game which had no right being as good as it was.

Well, back then, I was very poor, my family was a nomad so my dad could only afford a genesis console (which by now burned in hell).

Had good times with these:

Sonic The Hedgehog 1 & 3 (played for 5 years till I'm 10)

Sonic Heroes (ever since my genesis got burned, my dad brought me laptop from his workplace and this was born)

Mario Party 7. It's not really an old game, but it was a game I played a lot when I was younger. I remember playing it very often with friends, which made the experience even more enjoyable.

Also, Rayman 3. It was a nice game to play alone and with friends too. It's a single player game, but my friends and I enjoyed taking turns and stuff. These games were fun to play, and they remain as my favorite video games ever.

Others:

- Super Mario World

- GTA SA

- SMB 1, 2, and 3

I got my NES on Christmas 1991, which if I'm not mistaken was also the day the Cold War ended. I was hooked to Mario 3 for a few years. Much later it was N64 games like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, SSB, Mario kart, and GoldenEye, as well as the Final Fantasy games on the PS1 and 2 that shaped my entire high school life. I even skipped my Senior Prom to play disc 2 of FF7, and it wasn't even my 1st playthrough fo the game.