Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 6 Confirmed!

EquestriaGuy

Courtesy of Derpy News

http://lps.derpynews.com/discovery-family-upfront-lists-season-6-for-mlp-season-4-for-lps/

We all knew there was going to be a season 6 and possibly beyond, but I think this is the first overtly stated confirmation of S6, rather than simply an allusion to the future of My Little Pony G4. 

http://corporate.discovery.com/discovery-news/discovery-family-channel-leaps-2015-16-upfront-sea/

• Brohoof 15

I am not surprised, but it should be the last one. They use this season to (hopefully) close the chapter on the CMC and they should use the next one, to close the chapter on all the mane six. We then finish everything off with a big screen movie and that's that. It would've been an awesome 7 Year ride.

• Brohoof 18

I am not surprised, but it should be the last one. They use this season to (hopefully) close the chapter on the CMC and they should use the next one, to close the chapter on all the mane six. We then finish everything off with a big screen movie and that's that. It would've been an awesome 7 Year ride.

It pains me to say it, but I agree that 6 seasons is probably the limit the show should go to.

I would welcome a spin-off or sequel of some kind to replace it though :D

• Brohoof 5

I knew Season 6 was going to be announced. It's good to hear, though I'm also open to a spin-off after the series ends. Or, even a sequel series that advances the series a few years in show-time.

Edited by Kelldrick
  • Brohoof 1

This is definitely exciting. maybe since they announced it before the release of season 5 they will start on it sooner and get it out before winter 2016.

I agree that season 6 will probably be the shows limit. then things might start to get gimmicky or lackadaisical in writing.

Do you really think that the CMC will find there cutie marks at the end of this Hypnosparkle? or is that a little wish you want fulfilled?

Im wondering how they are gonna mix the mane 6 traveling across equesrtia (and beyond~) to solve friendship problems and still mix in the slice of life. (maybe they flash back to ponyville as our protagonist go on there quests)

Go figure.

I agree. Eventually everything ends, and I'd hate to see the show continuously go on and get ruined because of it.

Like Equestria Daily says on the matter, possibly a typo. Besides, why would they mention season 6 when season 5 hasn't even started?

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/03/season-6-of-mlp-confirmed-in-new.html

To be fair it looks like EqD isn't entirely sure on that matter, but it looks like this may indeed be related to season 6.

• Brohoof 3

Like Equestria Daily says on the matter, possibly a typo. Besides, why would they mention season 6 when season 5 hasn't even started?

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/03/season-6-of-mlp-confirmed-in-new.html

To be fair it looks like EqD isn't entirely sure on that matter, but it looks like this may indeed be related to season 6.

Are you sure season 6 has been confirmed?

EQD is sourcing Jim's reply to my tweet. The thing is, I can't tell if he trolling or not. I'd like to see what, if anything, Brian or Mike have to say on this matter, since they're Hasbro corporate. 

post-9014-0-95352400-1427830005_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I am pretty sure that it was just a simple typo.

For starters season 5 isn't even out yet so why would season six be announced in the first place.

Also I kind of don't really want a season 6 to be honest.  As good as this show is and how much I love it I feel like 6 seasons would be too much.  A fifth season however is fine and I can't wait for it finally start.  But since after season 5 we will have watched over 100 episodes of Mlp Fim.  And personally it would be fine and dandy to end the series with season 5 and have a grand finale as the 2017 movie.  As I don't want this show I love and hold dear to me to go through seasonal rot and greatly overstay it's welcome like other shows I used to love coughphineasandferbcough coughtotaldramacough.

I didn't really expect it, but neither did I not. I'd be pretty surprised if it wouldn't have gotten more seasons, being this popular. I just hope that they can keep the show going while keeping their good quality. I mean, a lot of shows I know of have gotten out of hand with their plot and characters then it sometimes goes too far and they stretch it too long, just because it's popular and people want more out of it.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 2

I honestly wish it would end after Season 5 :( It would make me feel less guilty of not watching the show anymore -_- The longer it goes on for, the more guilt I'll feel :(

• Brohoof 1

Even though it's a typo, I'm pretty sure there'll be a 6th season. :P

But yeah it's too early, season 5 hasn't even started yet...

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Let's hope they never announce Season 7.

I 100% agree with you on that.

I really don't wan't to see MLP FIM Get dragged on and on and on until it becomes obnoxious.

I hope that the movie is in fact the finale.

Also there have been more elaborate April 1st jokes and tomorrow is April Fool's Day so it could be a hoax maybe.

If the show writers still keep trying like they have been and the 5 more years of G4 is of the franchise not FIM then season 6 could possibly be good.