• I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

Anyone have a link to the episode? Cant seem to find it anywhere

I had a hard time too - I found it here:

https://www.facebook.com/MLPFIMSeason5

I thought Troubleshoes was just D'awwwwww!  He looked like he escaped from a Budweiser wagon team.  Want Troubleshoes stuffie! 

Edited by Foliha

1. He had only failed once, and if nothing else, general bonds of family would grant him a second chance. 

2. Applejack clearly did not appear to want to leave them with him. Look at her facial expression just as Braeburn closes the door. She appears worried. 

Okay so she gave him a second chance. But he blew it and blew it big. At the end of the episode, when she goes with the sheriff and Trouble Shoes, she lets Braeburn keep the CMC yet again (and that time no questions asked). I would think that after the whole "falling asleep and letting them run away and get lost in the woods" fiasco, she'd never let Braeburn handle children ever again. Not to mention that Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle aren't even her family. She's responsible for them. That is a big deal when you take on responsibility for someone else's kids. Those who aren't in your family, that is, and it shows a lot of negligence on the parts of both Applejack and Braeburn that it happened twice they got away. If Trouble Shoes was supposed to be this big bad outlaw guy, why did they not appear to fully grasp the gravity of the situation? Here you have someone who is viewed as a hardened criminal mucking about, and you flippantly let the three kids you're responsible for just run off? I guess they were just fortunate that Trouble Shoes was actually a nice guy. 

• Brohoof 1

its getting harder to find the episodes on youtube. if they really do start imposing that ****ing copyright ban on the new episodes too, ill end up missing out on season 5 altogether. at least til its on netflix, but thatd take months. :(

So yeah, this episode was... okay I guess.  It wasn't offensively bad, but I didn't find it particularly memorable either.  I can't really say why, people before me have probably explained it much better than I could.

Oh, and I'm just going to make a completely wild guess, but I think the theme of this season is going to be cutie marks.  Shocking I know, but deep analysis of the past few episodes has led me to this conclusion.  This probably means that we're going to be seeing quite a bit more of the CMC than usual, and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing...

CMC episodes for me have always been hit or miss. 

I really hope that this isn't what we waited all the way til April for. 

its getting harder to find the episodes on youtube. if they really do start imposing that ****ing copyright ban on the new episodes too, ill end up missing out on season 5 altogether. at least til its on netflix, but thatd take months. :(

Ever hear of DailyMotion? It's usually up there within a few hours. 

CMC episodes for me have always been hit or miss. 

I really hope that this isn't what we waited all the way til April for. 

Ever hear of DailyMotion? It's usually up there within a few hours. 

usually second place i look. if they start taking it off both, ill really get mad. :angry:

I guess Big Macintosh isn't very big after all

Big Macintosh is big... for a pony.  Troubleshoes looks like a horse to me, and horses are bigger than ponies.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think this episode was pretty average. It was nice seeing Appaloosa again after not seeing it for a couple seasons, unless you count seeing it in Pinkie Pride. Troubleshoes was a pretty interesting character. He seemed to have a saddening feel to him, but only because he thought he had his cutie mark figured out when he couldn't see it as another way of meaning. It was interesting though to see his dream of wanting to be in the rodeo and how he got his cutie mark as well. I was also surprised how tall he was and also surprised that there is a pony that tall not including the princesses. When a friend of mine and I were watching this episode both of us were thinking the CMC were going to get their marks this episode. Even though they didn't there was a really good lesson at the end of the episode and gave the crusaders some good character development. Having a cutie mark and not knowing what it means is just the same as having no cutie mark. Even if you think it means one way you just gotta keep on searching for the true meaning behind the mark. All in all this episode was okay and I'm looking forward to next weeks episode. 

Edited by Kyubiki Tenchu

(edited)

I've changed my opinion about this episode.

Previously I said that it was okay, but it turns out that the more I think about it, the more I realize how many problems I have with it. I usually avoid nitpicking, especially if the problems are minor, but this time quite the opposite. 

What I didn't like?

• Characterization of all the characters; CMC felt as if they became their old selves once again, too obsessed with getting their cutie marks to think about the consequences of their actions. I find their decision about leaving the house not only stupid and dangerous, but also selfish, because they were well aware that they shouldn't look for a wanted criminal and that Braeburn and AJ would be very worried after discovering that they disappeared. I'm also disappointed with Braeburn's role in this episode, because he was pretty much useless. I would understand this if he was at least funny, but no. And we never find out what happened to his leg! I'm also surprised that Applejack let him take care of them once again later and didn't keep an eye on them herself.
  • Forced and unnecessary humor. I didn't laugh even once, even though the episode desperately tried to make me laugh.
  • Troubleshoes... He had potential, but in the end I wanted to slap him for never doing anything to change his life! He didn't even try to defend himself when they arrested him. I find it rather unbelievable that all this time no one tried to help him and that he allowed himself to base his whole life on one failure.
  • I find it surprisingly mean spirited for a show like MLP that ponies would treat Troubleshoes like that and just laugh at him.
  • Who would call a kid Troubleshoes anyway?!
  • I really think that after the last CMC episode (Bloom and Gloom) they should have finally get their cutie marks and start a new chapter in life. The episodes about them trying to get them are more and more repetitive and make them look like little kids, while they obviously grown a little and are more mature than at the beginning of the series. They learn their lessons to forget them a few episodes later. 

Of course, there're some things I liked, for example:

• The general concept of a misunderstood cutie mark. It's actually a little scary, considering how much cutie marks affect their lifes. 
  • Wet mane Applejack.
  • Braeburn; I'm not a big fan of his character, but it was still nice to see him again, even if he didn't really do much.
  • Sweetie Belle slowly improving her magic skills.
  • Animation and the atmosphere of the rainy night.
  • Colt Troubleshoes was very cute.
  • For once CMC got punished for their actions. I think that this episode handled it better than Somepony to Watch Over Me. 
  • Braeburn's facial expressions. 
  • Applecat

post-20905-0-73995400-1430594635_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 9

(edited)

...A horse? An actual Clydesdale horse in My Little Pony? :o

I think this episode was...meh. Not exactly bad, but the weakest episode of season five so far.

I don't like mean-spirited humor and the ending and moral was saying that Troubleshoes should accept that his destiny is for ponies to laugh at his pain and misfortune? His character was so sad but they dodge that in favour of bad slap stick. It just made everyone involved except the CMC come across as mean or stupid.

There was one think I liked about it, the continuity with Sweetie Belle being able to use magic better and showing that she is the most mature one in the group. Other than that it was meh.

Edited by Emerald Star

I just watched it, and it was really good! When I saw the teaser, my first thought was, "They are totally going to get out of his sight...". Aaaaand they did. >:3 I'm pretty surprised with the fact that everypony was laughing at Troubleshoes, and he was ohke with it. :/

I hope Troubleshoes comes back.  I think being accepted as a rodeo clown will make him less clumsy and more confident.  I want to see him ice skate with Pinkie next Winter Wrap-Up!

I liked the episode. I almost chose "it was okay," because admittedly the structure was fairly shallow. But they did play into one significant concept, the idea of a misunderstood cutie mark. However, they could have carried the weight of the concept a little better. Troubleshoes simply did not have enough character development in the episode, spending too much time focusing on his self-deprecation.

But even with that said, Troubleshoes still stands out — and not just thanks to his awesome Clydesdale design. During the latter half of his appearance, they gave him a little more attention to detail, and I was impressed how they managed to keep him 'stable' in the sense that even after he discovered the true meaning behind his cutie mark, he didn't turn a full 180 degrees with his personality. He's definitely an enjoyable character, it's just a shame they didn't develop him a little more after his initial introduction.

And of course CMC for the win as always, though I agree with what some others have voiced: it feels very much like a return to form, in a bad way. They were more irresponsible than I believe they would have been given recent episodes focusing on their adventures. Then again, MLP episodes aren't always chronological, so who knows specifically when this was supposed to have taken place relative to previous episodes.

​Still liked it. Maybe giving it more credit than I should, but I liked it alright.

Troubleshoes was a fun character, and as much as I love episodes where Scootaloo gets a part I can't say I was that impressed by this weeks episode.

It just lacked something that I can't quite put my hoof on 

This episode takes place in Appleloosa from "Over A Barrel" episode. The Cutie Mark Crusaders and Applejack appears in this episode once again since it was from the latest S5 episode "Bloom and Gloom". It includes Braeburn got his arm broken and Sheriff Silverstar in Appleloosa Rodeo.

That includes the hay stack to reach the tallest record in the rodeo.  :)

For once CMC got punished for their actions. I think that this episode handled it better than Somepony to Watch Over Me. 

I dunno about that...

If I had to choose between an afternoon of manual labor, or at least a month of being grounded... I'd choose the manual labor.

(edited)

Half decent episode overall but imo one of the worst morals taught by MLP so far. Imagine you're clumsy (a symptom present in most with Aspergers btw) and you're being bullied for it, just embrace it you're making people laugh. I give it a 2.5/5, with one point deducted due to the moral.

Edited by DashBandicoot
  • Brohoof 1

If I'm not mistaken this is the first time we've seen an actual horse in the show. A Clydesdale at that. This episode may have had some flaws but at least we get a little more world building.

So now we've got ponies, zebras, donkeys / mules, Arabian horses and regular horses.  

Howdy all!

Good episode.

David Polsky wrote another dandy.

Big Jim Miller did fine as Troubleshoes.

The CMCs still looking for their cutie marks. :lol:

Fun to see Braeburn again.

At first I was like UH OH a dangerous desperado invades Appleoosa. :blink:

But NOPE its a misunderstanding.

Thanks to the crusaders they set Troubleshoes back on the right path on what his cutie mark means.

(Even though AJ made the three clean up the rodeo grounds for not listening to her first time since Hearts & Hooves Day they got punished)

See ya!

Okay seriously, Trouble Shoes's parents have got to be the most neglectful parents ever! Your kid just got his cutie mark and his dreams crushed, best let him live in the middle of nowhere for a decade or so! Its not like he'd be hard to find. Just follow the trail of destruction!

I give this ep a keeptrackofyourgoddamnkids/10