Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are You Part Of The LGBT?

ShipperArtistWriter

On 2021-12-03 at 8:06 PM, Fluttershyfan94 said:

I used to consider myself part of the LGBT, bi/pan/trans/genderfluid. Yet I disagree with how the lgbt is mostly silencing anyone that disagrees as such I never really found my place in the lgbt community especially in Iceland where it is a very toxic community. Since of course while being LGBT I am libertarian and I believe freedom always will be more important then our feelings. Of course some might disagree others might agree, regardless if there is one thing I've learned is to not associate myself with the group. Unless it becomes a champion for individual freedom as it used to be and therefore would of course promote freedom of speech.

Can someone explain me why the hell this post doesn’t have any reactions? Do I have to do everything myself :scoots:?

adds hug reaction*

I am not, but personally I don't like the idea of an element of who/what I am inculpating me into a group or association that I didn't choose to be part of. I think we should all reexamine how we approach this mentality 'cause it feels like inventing teams for a nonexistent sport. A person can be gay and they're just gay, they aren't part of anything. I think that's fair enough, right?

• Brohoof 4

I do not consider myself to be part of the LGBT community anymore. I was confused with my sexuality for over 2 years, thinking I was bisexual. However, I have come to the concrete conclusion that I am not and therefore no longer a part.

Yeesh. My previous post is so outdated. :ButtercupLaugh:That was back when I was still very much unsure of myself. I later accepted that I am gay. Frankly I think I only thought I was Bi because I was still a tad worried what my family would think. Now I don't give two sodding waffles about that. 

• Brohoof 2

• 7 months later...
(edited)
On 2021-12-07 at 1:47 PM, Sunset Rose said:

I am not, but personally I don't like the idea of an element of who/what I am inculpating me into a group or association that I didn't choose to be part of. I think we should all reexamine how we approach this mentality 'cause it feels like inventing teams for a nonexistent sport. A person can be gay and they're just gay, they aren't part of anything. I think that's fair enough, right?

not to be rude but.. if you’re not lgbtqia+ in any way, you don’t have any right to comment on it. all it is is a community. you can be lgbt+ and still be so many other things. it’s not some “association” in any way, and thinking that way is just gross. it’s literally just an initialism, a broader term. but think what you want to about it, i guess. 

edit: just realized this is like a year old thing but still. it matters

Edited by brony_bonk

I am bisexual with stronger preference for the opposite gender. I was never really active in the lgbt community, but I always support lgbt rights.

7 hours ago, brony_bonk said:

transmasc! 

Sorry for the question, but what does tansmasc means? 

3 hours ago, IronM17 said:

I am bisexual with stronger preference for the opposite gender. I was never really active in the lgbt community, but I always support lgbt rights.

Sorry for the question, but what does tansmasc means? 

transmasc is basically just a little more specific than just calling oneself transgender, and it’s much more comfortable for me :catface:  it’s short for transmasculine, and it means AFAB people who identify with masculinity. so just trans men basically 

and you’re okay! i don’t mind answering questions 

3 hours ago, LionPonyNerd said:

I’m a gay transgender man!

finally, another trans guy :love: i feel like it’s kinda hard to find trans men on here, but i’ve seen a few trans women 

hi!!! 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Rainbowshine295 said:

dunno exactly but lesbian most probably cause I have zero interest in getting a boyfriend like my bff, instead i have this unfading desire to date her instead.

too bad she (and the rest of my friends) are homophobic.

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you’re able to make some accepting friends and find some supportive people. You deserve to have supportive friends who would accept you for who you are.  It got easier for me as I got older. The people I met outside of school once I graduated have been way more accepting of me than the people who I was forced to go to school with. I dealt with the whole “Ew gay people. I hope it doesn’t hit on me” thing back when I was in school. Like girl I’m just trying to stay awake in class and not fail. You occupy zero space in my mind. I promise. 

I had made my friends in the community online back in those days. That was a huge help to me because I was forced to be around those sort of not great people in my everyday life. It helped me to accept myself better. 

I see a lot of people stating their sexuality, but just out of curiosity, isn't this post asking if you associate with the "social movement"? Not what your sexuality is? Bc if that were that case, the title of the post should say, "What is your sexuality or sexual preferences?"

1 hour ago, Clawdeen said:

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you’re able to make some accepting friends and find some supportive people. You deserve to have supportive friends who would accept you for who you are.  It got easier for me as I got older. The people I met outside of school once I graduated have been way more accepting of me than the people who I was forced to go to school with. I dealt with the whole “Ew gay people. I hope it doesn’t hit on me” thing back when I was in school. Like girl I’m just trying to stay awake in class and not fail. You occupy zero space in my mind. I promise. 

I had made my friends in the community online back in those days. That was a huge help to me because I was forced to be around those sort of not great people in my everyday life. It helped me to accept myself better. 

Thank you so much! I always needed some love and support but it's hard to get that in a place where homosexuality is looked down upon.

Like they started teasing me as being lesbian just because I have gay OCs and I draw some bonding scenes between them. I mean wtf man?