Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are You Part Of The LGBT?

ShipperArtistWriter

32 minutes ago, Rainbowshine295 said:

Thank you so much! I always needed some love and support but it's hard to get that in a place where homosexuality is looked down upon.

Like they started teasing me as being lesbian just because I have gay OCs and I draw some bonding scenes between them. I mean wtf man?

I understand that feeling.I come from a small hillbilly town. My local Borders Bookstore I used to go to as a teen(back when those existed) had an lgbt section with only 3-4 books at a time. Whenever I’d find one I haven’t read I used to try to hide them in between two other books so people wouldn’t notice me carrying them. I was afraid on being confronted just due to the nature of some of the people from around here. 

I have some family members who I’ve personally cut out of my life due to their nasty opinions. If you aren’t going to treat me with respect you don’t need to be in my life. Unfortunately I had to suck up and deal with them until I was old enough to cut them out but it’s a decision I don’t regret. 

Yeah that’s messed up that they’re teasing you just for that. They shouldn’t tease you like that for your OCs.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-07-25 at 8:27 PM, dapper_donkey said:

not to be rude but.. if you’re not lgbtqia+ in any way, you don’t have any right to comment on it. all it is is a community. you can be lgbt+ and still be so many other things. it’s not some “association” in any way, and thinking that way is just gross. it’s literally just an initialism, a broader term. but think what you want to about it, i guess. 

edit: just realized this is like a year old thing but still. it matters

I don't think you understood what I meant. Would you feel the same way if I said LGBT people have no right to comment on anything heterosexual? Everyone has the right to comment on anything, you choose to believe in the commentary that suits you. I will not have my opinions and comments disregarded the same way I would expect you to not have yours disregarded.

If a person is gay but doesn't want their orientation to be a part of their outward social profile, would you say they're not part of LGBT? I may not be part of it, but often times this inclusive and ideological mindset is the reason why many people end up considering it a 'side' to be on instead of an aspect of a person's life. And that's why you may or may end up with people being much more standoffish, dismissive or outright hateful of you. That's what generates so much 'other' thought and all the nastiness that comes with it.

What I was getting at is that it doesn't matter what you're 'a part of', having whatever labels others have made up doesn't change who you are. A person can be an ally and be part of a community, a person can be gay or bisexual and not be part of the community. It can't change their orientation, nothing can. Labels are superficial and ultimately irrelevant to your true self.  A community and an orientation are mutually exclusive fundamentally.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

heh, yes, I'm attracted to both genders in different ways

On 2022-09-04 at 2:44 PM, zerox said:

Does being asexual fall under LGBT?

I tend to prefer the rainbow flag and LGBT label to broadly stand for sexual/gender tolerance rather than anything that gets close to minority chauvinism (although the existence of the latter is way exaggerated I feel). Asexual preferences can be scorned for not so dissimilar reasons to LGBT contempt (ie labels such as frigid or eunuch) and therefore I would consider it to fall under the broad butterfly wings of the LGBT movement. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-09-06 at 6:26 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

Well I am bisexual, however I don’t consider myself to be a part of the LGBT community and would rather not be, to be honest. 

This is me. Too much is going too far now, and if you say one, JUST ONE word of criticism, you're done. I had to grow up with a fundamentalist. I know bigotry hurts. What hurt far more though was finding out that the people I thought supported me being myself never cared about me at all. 

I’m pansexual,  I use to think I was more Bi,  but as I got older,  and I had time to think and understand myself it just seemed more fitting.  Also now that I have switched to a more  “platonic” stance as I also have gotten older, it just seemed to make more sense.   As for being “part” of the LGBT community as a whole?   That I am not sure too much,  I don’t really go to any events or those in the area of “theme”.  I have many friends who are part of that group and go to things,  just big crowds also are not my thing.  

• 2 weeks later...

nope, but I've got a couple OCs that are! I gotta quit making new OCs... but my main ship is Rebel X Twist... 

Twist is like this cyborg kid with ink powers, and Rebel is a demon. my kids! :P 

d**n wish I had some pics/drawings of my boys on hoof :okiedokieloki:

Edited by Stellar Heights

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Clawdeen said:

I'm back at being pansexual again. It really shouldn't be this hard to figure myself out

I had this problem too. In the past decade or so I had trouble deciding if I was bisexual, straight, gay, or pansexual, and recently coming to the realization I was the latter. My brain isn't good with deciding stuff.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-08-07 at 9:32 AM, Spook Conundrum said:

I see a lot of people stating their sexuality, but just out of curiosity, isn't this post asking if you associate with the "social movement"? Not what your sexuality is? Bc if that were that case, the title of the post should say, "What is your sexuality or sexual preferences?"

Unanswered questions, haha, more proof that the LGBT are consuming the inherent "sexual identities" of people, I won't argue, some people really are sexually confused, and maybe don't know, but you don't get to "choose" who you are or aren't attracted to, this applies to race as well, and I think that saying that is kind of silly... I'm individualistic primarily attracted to females and often times trans females, I don't want to go into detail and be gross, but I don't find the "extra baggage" off-putting xD I just think that the question at hand doesn't exactly correlate with the answers being given, the LGBT doesn't own you because of your sexual proclivities... 

to TRULY recognize an individual, as their preferred gender identity, would be to call yourself straight even if you were romantically/sexually attracted to a trans woman if you are a man, or a trans man if you are a woman, this scenario becomes more complicated by transexuals that are bisexual... that insinuates they want duality in not only their gender identity but sexual preferences....

Edited by Spook Conundrum

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Huh, you know, actually, I think I may be? I always thought I was ace until I found love... so, I may be.. demi? Not sure. Does that even count or is this strictly hetero/other? If so, then I'm heteroderp c: 

But it's just a minor detail. There's so much more to people than such preferences. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

Demi represent here! I always found it tough to understand romance and a lot of it has to do with me with either lack of interest or finding it more difficult to understand.

• Brohoof 1

Not LGBT myself but am supportive of most of it. 

I say most of it because there is that small minority within the LGBT group that have such stupid and extreme views on things that, every single time they open their mouths to speak EVERY person who is of the LGBT community face palms and thinks the exact same thought "Will you idiots please for the love of (Celestia) SHUT the .... UUUUUUP!"

Like the ones that are used as "examples " by Christian and or right wing extremists to argue why LGBT is evil if that gives you some idea here of the type of idiots I'm talking about here. 

Beyond those idiots that are few and far between though I'm very happy and accepting of anyone within the LGBT community.

and yes I understand completely that the idiots mentioned above are less than 1% which makes it that much worse because the other 99% take the heat for it. 

• Brohoof 1