1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

to quote a certain Draconequiis....

sense? what fun is there in making sense?"

there are already tons of elements in the show that don't make 100% sense. Does that stop is from enjoying it? Eben when a completely 100% nonsensical episode comes around, once in a blue moon?

I'm fairly certain they've spent their fan service budget for the next few seasons, though. I would be impressed if we got another episode at all like this any time in the near future.

It's going to be weird in the next episode seeing all the background characters return to their voiceless spots.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Grave: "Here lies cider float's head canon"

Mr Krabs: What a baby.

Nothing bothers my headcanon that's not what's it about.

I accept lore as it is but this... this is a butchery.

Edited by cider float

Nothing bothers my headcanon that's not what's it about.

I accept lore as it is but this... this is a butchery.

Elaborate. I am confused as to what part of this episode was so terrible that it had to be called butchery. The worst part I could recognize was how ridiculous and random the part about Bon Bon being a spy was, but even that was laced with an element of sarcasm and humor.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

So, you watch the episode and its all like...

Derpy being adorable...

sig-3852448.320px-Derpy_with_a_basket_of

Derpy being adorable...

sig-3852448.640px-Derpy_playing_around_S

DERPY BEING ADORABLE!

7j4xKCJ.png

Edited by Persona22
  • Brohoof 4

I've never been one to get to deeply into memes or background ponies so I don't have strong feelings either way about this episode.

However, I was tickled by the way the other ponies perceive the Mane 6. :) It was almost a "their at it again" vibe. Twilight is super elevated of course, but the Mane 5 share in her fame and likely have some of their own. How the Mane 6 are perceived would be interesting to keep exploring. I also loved the spate between the Sisters.

I liked this episode enough not to go on a ragging strike out side of DHX. I enjoyed the parts with Derpy and "time turner", A.K.A , Doc. The writers left me satisfied on Octavia and Vinyl. It's offical that Vinyl is mute. The whole thing going on with Bonbon and Lyra was a little weird. Well actually I thought the the under cover Bonbon= James bond was fine, but it was really just Lyra. I didn't like her voice and the way she was portrait. I understand why they couldn't go all out with fan portraits of the characters. I got what I wanted out of the others, but Lyra just wasn't doing it for me. I'm not even a big fan of her. Oh and Celestia and Luna, I almost forgot. They forgot the wedding gift. That was a good laugh. Over all I liked this episode. I give it a 7 out of a possible 10 bear-bees, bee-bears, buzz bear, yellow-bear jacket? What ever...

I quite like the idea of her being mute. 

Same. Not only for the inclusiveness of the concept, but also that her not being able to speak except through music and gestures just seems fitting for her.

• Brohoof 3

Same. Not only for the inclusiveness of the concept, but also that her not being able to speak except through music and gestures just seems fitting for her.

That,and I don't really care for her voice. 

no pony's gonna talk about gummy's realization I thought that was pretty awesome

I thought it was supposed to be a narrator or something at first. I was confused until after I'd seen the episode and it was explained as an internal thought.

I quite like the idea of her being mute. 

That,and I don't really care for her voice. 

I couldn't have said it any better. I was looking froward to her part in EG. Then she was mute and I was fine with that. It worked, really well! I thought her being mute was perfect. I was waiting for another appearance until I could say that with out people giving me guff.

• Brohoof 1

I couldn't have said it any better. I was looking froward to her part in EG. Then she was mute and I was fine with that. It worked, really well! I thought her being mute was perfect. I was waiting for another appearance until I could say that with out people giving me guff.

Honestly,I think the only reason that they didn't make her talk,was cause of bronies getting mad at them for changing her voice.

I think she's cuter without a voice.

• Brohoof 3

Honestly,I think the only reason that they didn't make her talk,was cause of bronies getting mad at them for changing her voice.

Yeah, I think it's because none of their staff VA's could do a voice similar enough to that one Wack person or whoever frequently voices Vinyl in the fan community.

i dont think anyone can really get truly upset at this episode It was one of the best things MLP put out there especially mayor's speech literally speaking to the fandom  also a big favorite for me and the doctor being awesome! this episode is definitely historic!

I can already see people ranting about the change in Lyra and Bonbon's voices.

I see this episode more as a Trade Ya type episode.

It has no purpose,but it's just for fun. 

Yeah, I think it's because none of their staff VA's could do a voice similar enough to that one Wack person or whoever frequently voices Vinyl in the fan community.

I'm glad that they didn't. I find the Vinyl voice atrocious and annoying.

• Brohoof 1

"It makes you realize that everypony is the star of their own story. And it's not just the main characters in our stories that make life so rich! It's everypony – those who play big parts and those who play small."

I liked the mayor's speech.It was a speech worthy of a one-hundredth episode of MLP.

Everything else is a nice frame that allowed to show us more closely some nice and funny characters that populate Ponyville.

I was pleased to see Octavia, with her refined and melodious voice and her talent on the cello, Dj Pon 3/Vynil with her headphones and her "plunge" into the music,Derpy with Dr Hooves ,very nice together, Bon Bon and her secret..

Yes..it is definitely not a perfect episode, but it was a nice episode and I liked the final message.
  • Brohoof 1

It's offical that Vinyl is mute.

Is it though? I think it's implied, but no more than Scootaloo's inability to fly prior to "Flight to the Finish".

Strictly speaking, we can't conclude that she has the physical inability to speak until it's acknowledged canonically by another character.

I don't have any problems with Vinyl's fan voice, but I do prefer the idea that she is mute. I've enjoyed her lack of lines in both Rainbow Rocks and this episode. It suits her character and is a nice acknowledgement of Nowack's work, to not bother replacing what is a common fan perception of Vinyl's voice. It's similar to not making any mention of Derpy's name.

• Brohoof 1

I enjoyed this episode very much, a great way to celebrate a milestone. It was nice to hear from Derpy (Muffin) again, as well as Octavia, Lyra and Bon Bon. Gummy might have stolen the episode with his monologue. :)

I'm a Harshwhinny fan, so I was a little disappointed that she didn't make it in, but then again neither did some other well known characters such as Trixie and Photo Finish. But I think the Mayor covered that in a good way by mentioning the ponies that couldn't be there.

Also the Changeling was cool. :)

• Brohoof 1