Did you like it?  

489 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This episode is going to be well overrated.

Of course it will be! It was an episode made especially for the fans! I think, however, in this one case those cynics among us can put aside our criticisms and appreciate such a wonderful gesture by the show staff.

• Brohoof 5

The point here is that she saw something she didn't want to see the show do, done in a way she didn't want to see it done, and reacted accordingly. Whether the writers did it with the best intentions or not, they didn't do it expecting everyone to like it.

You will never please everyone, it's simply impossible.

Like criss Angel once said "You can't please everyone, and trying to is the kiss of death."

This episode is going to be well overrated.

And i will keep watching it with delight, over and over again and there is nothing you can do about. ;)

Amethyst Star: I used to be the best organizer in all of Ponyville. You bet I'll—

sig-3852654.Qua4Jk9.png

full.jpg

These days, Amethyst Star is addicted to peanutbutter jelly and is friends with Hugh Jelly. She still hasn't spoken a word to Twilight since.

• Brohoof 8

You ponies like my new userpic? I cropped it from the episode via VLC Player.

When I saw it, all I thought of was the But I Didn't Listen! Meme, but like this: They told be not to eat the muffins... BUT I DIDN'T LISTEN!!!

You ponies like my new userpic? I cropped it from the episode via VLC Player.

That's a close one on the 'best face of the season' ticket, but I think Fluttershy's :I face wins it out on top.

i dont think anyone can really get truly upset at this episode It was one of the best things MLP put out there especially mayor's speech literally speaking to the fandom  also a big favorite for me and the doctor being awesome! this episode is definitely historic!

Unfortunately I disagree, because to me this episode wasn't an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  Back in 2012 I got curious about the show and the animation looked pretty good, but I stayed for the characters and the plot. When I think of MLP, I think of Rainbow Dash giving up on her dream of becoming a Wonderbolt because it went against her morals.  I think of Fluttershy overcoming her anxiety and helping to get Cloudsdale water. Of Applejack hanging her head in shame at believing she let Ponyville down. Of Rarity, Pinkie, and Twilight all realizing that their friends were more important than winning a fashion show, of being the best party pony, or of being worth of the crown.  I don't think of Bugbears. I don't think of Doctor Whooves bowling with Big Lebowski. And I especially don't think of Vinyl getting on her bassmobile and causing a 1000 pony pileup while Gummy give us his existential dilemma. 

To sum it up, this is not MLP's best, not by the furthest star in the universe, and not to me. Not to me at all.

**Conversely this is far from the worst MLP has done either. This episode was fine. It was a nice treat and change of pace, but not the show I fell in love with is all I'm saying. 

• Brohoof 5

Has anyone watched the Brony analysts' reviews/ reactions to the hundreth episode? I don't usually watch LZRD WZRD's reviews, but I chuckled at his calling Steven Magnet a “Flamboyant Gyarados”. XD And I liked how he pointed out so many metas that I haven't seen too many other people address, in this episode. Like the background ponies being the bronies themselves, and how- as they gather in the crowd, looking upon the mane 6 ponies, they (we) are watching the show about the mane 6, and reference another meta about their friendship problems being wrapped up in 30 minutes or so. And how the wedding between Cranky and Matilda and everyone freaking out about it is a meta reference toward the Bronies freaking out about the 100th episode. It's so true!

that aside, I really hope we get to see Vinyl with her brother from now on, rather than Octavia, in the background, from now on, now that they gave the fans all the ships they want.

Surprisingly there seem to be fewer polarised opinions toward this episode than I had anticipated. I thought people would either hate it or love it judging from youtube comments on the teasers, but I've been pleasantly surprised, It's great to see people being able to appreciate certain aspects of an episode while pointing out a few things which they didn't particularly enjoy in a civilised manner.

I'm just glad the MLP fandom hasn't been ruined by any potential destruction of fanon in this episode.

• Brohoof 2

I quite like the idea of her being mute. 

While we don't know for sure if she's mute or just doesn't choose to talk, I did love seeing "Vinyl-vision", aka seeing from her perspective.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I loved it!!!!! Squee! From the doctor and Derpy to Octavia and vinyl's jam, to Gummy's philosophy and the horse masks even the fabulous sea monster oh and let's not forget the big Labowski or allons-y. The speech at the end also made me tear up a bit as it reminded me of how something as simple as a tv show could bring together a group of unique and amazing people! I love this fandom so much!! :D /)

Edited by SergeantShy
  • Brohoof 2

Surprisingly there seem to be fewer polarised opinions toward this episode than I had anticipated. I thought people would either hate it or love it judging from youtube comments on the teasers, but I've been pleasantly surprised, It's great to see people being able to appreciate certain aspects of an episode while pointing out a few things which they didn't particularly enjoy in a civilised manner.

I'm just glad the MLP fandom hasn't been ruined by any potential destruction of fanon in this episode.

I'm not seeing as much rage as I anticipated, which is both relieving and disappointing at the same time. I predicted that there would be some uproar over the whole FiM staff basically canonizing Lyra x Bon Bon thing.

I'm not seeing as much rage as I anticipated, which is both relieving and disappointing at the same time. I predicted that there would be some uproar over the whole FiM staff basically canonizing Lyra x Bon Bon thing.

they should've gotten out their rage back when Rainbow Rocks did it, first. It wouldn't even make sense for fans to rage at the 100th's episode, even putting the Lyra Bon Bon thing aside. Why? Because if you're not going to rage over DHX giving all the characters the fans wanted, in Rainbow Rocks, which is significantly longer than a 22-minute episode, mind you- if you're not going to rage over fans getting an entire movie with their beloved background characters, then you have no right or room to rage over the 100th episode, which just repeats what Rainbow Rocks did.

Unfortunately I disagree, because to me this episode wasn't an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  Back in 2012 I got curious about the show and the animation looked pretty good, but I stayed for the characters and the plot. When I think of MLP, I think of Rainbow Dash giving up on her dream of becoming a Wonderbolt because it went against her morals.  I think of Fluttershy overcoming her anxiety and helping to get Cloudsdale water. Of Applejack hanging her head in shame at believing she let Ponyville down. Of Rarity, Pinkie, and Twilight all realizing that their friends were more important than winning a fashion show, of being the best party pony, or of being worth of the crown.  I don't think of Bugbears. I don't think of Doctor Whooves bowling with Big Lebowski. And I especially don't think of Vinyl getting on her bassmobile and causing a 1000 pony pileup while Gummy give us his existential dilemma. 

To sum it up, this is not MLP's best, not by the furthest star in the universe, and not to me. Not to me at all.

**Conversely this is far from the worst MLP has done either. This episode was fine. It was a nice treat and change of pace, but not the show I fell in love with is all I'm saying. 

How it it not an episode of MLP:FIM? The main plot point of the episode was continuity, further developing a story told back in "A Friend In Deed", with how Cranky went all across Equestria to find Matilda. This was their episode. Their wedding. This episode told the story of the crazy chaos that ensues on what is supposed to be their 'perfect' day, and all what goes wrong, from how all the townsponies manage to come together, in spite of all the chaos, to make the wedding happen and successful in the end. That seems very much like the kind of story MLP:FIM is all about. Fun, heartfelt, and chaotic 9in a good way) all at the same time.

How it it not an episode of MLP:FIM? The main plot point of the episode was continuity, further developing a story told back in "A Friend In Deed", with how Cranky went all across Equestria to find Matilda. This was their episode. Their wedding. This episode told the story of the crazy chaos that ensues on what is supposed to be their 'perfect' day, and all what goes wrong, from how all the townsponies manage to come together, in spite of all the chaos, to make the wedding happen and successful in the end. That seems very much like the kind of story MLP:FIM is all about. Fun, heartfelt, and chaotic 9in a good way) all at the same time.

I agree with Sidral Mundet. Of course, it has continuity and links to the main series, but I see this episode as something entirely different. And of course it is an episode of MLP:FiM, but just not as we know it. I think what I'm trying to say is that this seems like an episode which isn't in season 5, but as a different thing all together. Just a one-off. Because we have a story arc like season 4, we are used to seeing episodes with a theme and a meaning. This one (although it has a good moral) doesn't fit really with the rest of what season 5 is most likely to be like. This is why I think of it as more of a miscellaneous episode. One with no real addition to the story line. And although we did get characters development and characterization (Dr Whooves, Matilda) I feel that we are never going to see these characters in the center stage again. (Maybe sometimes but very rarely IMO)

• Brohoof 3

First of, the wedding was just a framing device for all the wackiness in the episode, nevermind we had such a small focus on Cranky and Matilda. Secondly, to me MLP has always been characters abd story first, humor and references second. This episode is the only one which puts the comedy way ahead of the characters and the story. This is why it's not an MLP episode to me.

• Brohoof 1

First of, the wedding was just a framing device for all the wackiness in the episode, nevermind we had such a small focus on Cranky and Matilda. Secondly, to me MLP has always been characters abd story first, humor and references second. This episode is the only one which puts the comedy way ahead of the characters and the story. This is why it's not an MLP episode to me.

A focus on comedy doesn't make this episode a bad one, it just makes it different. I honestly can't understand all the negativity.

A focus on comedy doesn't make this episode a bad one, it just makes it different. I honestly can't understand all the negativity.

I wasn't trying to be negative. I think it's an okay one. I'm just trying to explain why that is.
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

you're completely ignoring that everything the townsponies did was for the wedding. For Cranky and Matilda. Bon Bon and Lyra decorating the Town Hall for the wedding. Octavia and Vinyl composing the wedding music for the wedding. Derpy trying to fix her mistake with the wedding invitations. The Doctor being there, explaining science, and contributing with his flameless fireworks. All for the wedding. All the characters being there and their own little slice of life stories added up to the final event that made the wedding a success. It was an episode that showed all what went into the last minute chaos of trying to move a wedding up a day, and all the planning that initially went into it. Cranky and Matilda didn't NEED to be the focus, because it takes more than 2 characters to put a wedding together. It takes more than the Bride and Groom to make it happen. There's the caterers, the florists, the post office workers, the DJ's, all the guests, ect. And that's exactly what MLP showed in this episode.

But even if, EVEN IF you choose to ignore all of that you can't sit there and say that characters and story didn't come first. Cranky and Matilda got more characterization. We got to see that Cranky has a side to him that isn't just cranky, but appreciative of what the townsponies are doing for him. We learn that Matilda is very much like Twilight, who can crack and panic under pressure with deadlines (as we saw in Lesson Zero); along with a bit of Rarity, in being dramatic. So did Amethyst Star, where we learn that she used to be Ponyville's best organizer, until Twi came and usurped her. We also got a deeper look into Derpy and the Doctor's character development. As well as Octavia's and Vinyl's. Even Celestia and Luna, which many people have been begging for. Many of the background Characters were given more bits of personality with this episode. The comedy was heavy-handed, but that wasn't all there was to the episode.

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 2

Now that Gummy is confirmed to be sentient, there are some old scenes that suddenly got weirder.

sig-3855889.Pinkie_Pie_pulls_Gummy_out_o

It's not weird. He's just so lost in his own head (like Pinkie), his his own philosophical monologuing, it's likely that he just doesn't pay attention to where he ends up. More or less like people in our world so lost in their iphones and digital devices that they don't look where they're going and wind up getting hit by cars, or falling face-first into fountains.

(edited)

I don't know exactly what you mean by "This is why it's not an MLP episode to me."

If you meant you won't consider it canon, I have bad news for you.

sig-3849920.1434318077743.png

If you meant episode strays away from what MLPFIM episodes typically are, I suppose that's how it should be taken because it was more specifically made Bronies. But good news for you is that this sort of episode will either never happen again or won't happen for very long time which I think is suitable because 100th episode would lose its charm (at least if you ask me) if they made episodes like this the norm.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

THE GOOD:

The good in this episode is well almost everything!  The voices of the background characters are just perfect especialy the doctor.  Also may i mention the doctor was down right great in this episode. The interactions between the doctor and Derpy made me say THIS CONFIRMS ALL MY FANFICTIONS.  But the best thing about this whole thing was Vinyl's and Octavia's duet.  Also celestia ans luna THAT WAS FREAKING FUNNY!  Plus cadence and shining that was enjoyable as all hell. GOD THAT WAS AWSOME!  But sadly just like most things there's a bad.

THE BAD:

First that bear bee thing just look kinda cool but ugly, but maybe that was Larson's point.  Then we have the purple lake monster thing, he was just kinda of a douche in that one scene but other then that he was ok.  Also I wish they could've gotten someone else to do Lebowski pony's voice.  Also that moment with the mane 6 and twilight saying she loves the town felt kinda forced.  NOW THINGS GONNA GET UGLY IN HERE!

THE UGLY:

There is no ugly and the bad things were mearly nitpicks.

OVERALL:

This episode was great and this has to be my favorite freaking bon bon secret monster hunter was great.  

THE RATING

10/10!

Edited by ginger468
  • Brohoof 2

This was probably one of the best episodes of the series. The writers had fun, the fans had fun. Made me smile, made everyone feel good for a while.

• Brohoof 4