Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fluttershy and Big Mac love? why?

FerencKontros

@@FerencKontros

Just letting you know I moved your topic to Show Discussion as it deals with two characters from FiM.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 1

The two characters are sometimes put together due to their shy nature. Think about it: they are both kind, reserved, and are willing to help other ponies in need. So of course they would be put together.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

@@FerencKontros,

Why any ship? Some people see a connection between two characters. Granted, this need not always be a logical connection, as love rarely is even in real life.

Me personally, I ship them because Big Mac is strong and hard working, but quiet and non-threatening. Fluttershy meanwhile, is nurturing but has great inner strength. Fluttershy has not shown any explicitly romantic interest and neither has Big Mac so I can only speculate as to what they respectively seek but I like to imagine the two could potentially find something in one another.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

*Insert name of any two characters that are occasionally shipped*

WHYYY!!?

Because. I'm about tired of people asking questions like this... It doesn't matter how similar or dissimilar two characters may be: If someone likes the two and wants them to be together, you get a ship. That's why every ship happens, ever. And no, of course not everyone agrees, but that's how opinions work.

• Brohoof 4

Yeah, they have some things in common, like shyness.  I personally don't care for this ship at all.  I just don't see it.  I did have a NSFW dream about Fluttershy and Big Mac the other night, though.  That was...weird....

• Brohoof 3

It is fairly common because Fluttershy is Fluttershys very nature is in her name itself and Applebloom did say in one episode that Big Mac is a bit shy though I don't think it is anywhere near to the extent of Fluttershy. I think a lot of these Fluttermac shippers realize that anypony that would end up with Fluttershy would have to be patient and understanding in order to gain her trust and Big Mac does seem like a good pony for that along with of course also being the strong silent type. I think this ship is fairly plausible actually, I have this feeling that Big Mac might like a quieter mare and Fluttershy is that and as I have said Fluttershy would probably like a partner that is patient and understanding and Big Mac seems to be that.

• Brohoof 2

My standard answer for this type of question is, "If it CAN be shipped, it WILL be shipped."

But regarding this one, most of this ship's "canon" came from Filli Vanilli, when Fluttershy replaced Big Mac's voice in the Pony Tones. There was a one second shot where he was watching her dance from a window and that sparked the ship. There were probably shippers of this before then, but I remember the bandwagon grew much larger after that.

I don't really care for this one, though. I'm a Big Mac x Cheerilee shipper all the way.  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

The two characters are sometimes put together due to their shy nature. Think about it: they are both kind, reserved, and are willing to help other ponies in need. So of course they would be put together.

Big Macintosh is not shy, he's concise. He doesn't speak much because he can usually get his point across with just a few words.

I mean, he's the frontman for a popular band. I don't think a shy, reserved pony would willingly seek out such a position.

Kind and willing to help other ponies in need can describe the entire mane 7, so it's not really strong evidence for Fluttermac either.

• Brohoof 1

First off they look cute together. At least to me, that is. Another good reason is that Fluttershy is a really shy pony and she probably would not want to be with a pony who talks too much and scares her. Big Mac seems so gentle and kind that it makes sense that he and Fluttershy would be together.

• Brohoof 1

I like to think that Big Macintosh is instead asexual/romantic, but haha yeah. I mean, I can see why people ship them regardless, they would make a good couple. Big Mac in strong, reserved, and protective. Fluttershy is soft, sweet, sensitive, and will protect anypony who gets hurt. I'm personally not too crazy about this otp, but I can see why people enjoy it so much. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

No idea, as a ship it have no dynamic whatsoever not to mention any canon interactions. I think Big Mac like Cheerilee more since he probably like the more extrovertive types(and because Applebloom like her)

And now that Fluttershy have spirit of chaos guarding her 24/7 i don't think BM would like a trip to puppet dimension

Another good reason is that Fluttershy is a really shy pony and she probably would not want to be with a pony who talks too much and scares her. 

That would be correct in S1 and S2. S5 Fluttershy is more assertive than Applejack not to mention how open she is to Tree Hugger and Discord

Edited by Conred

Well Big Mac is quite the strong character within' the show. He is also very shy just like Fluttershy is. Fluttershy is portrayed as timid, weak and really shy. So the coupling of Big Mac who is strong natured, hard working, and kind with Fluttershy seems fit in the eyes of others I suppose? That and you know everyone in this fandom loves to ship characters with other characters. If you have been apart of this fandom for even a while you'd know this to be very true.

• Brohoof 1

First off they look cute together. At least to me, that is. Another good reason is that Fluttershy is a really shy pony and she probably would not want to be with a pony who talks too much and scares her. Big Mac seems so gentle and kind that it makes sense that he and Fluttershy would be together.

This post made me understand the Fluttermac ship.

Although I think I'll stick with Bulk Biceps for my Fluttershy ship. He fits most of these traits as well, but with the added bonus of them having some super cute scenes with each other.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hello evryone i have a suggestion: Why is it that Fluttershy and Bigmac is love? I dont know why fanfics have Fluttershy love BigMac or BigMac love Fluttershy... Pls tell me why?

Some people think that the strong, quiet farmer boy, and the gentle, shy animal lover would be a cute couple.

Nothing more than that. 83

Big Macintosh is not shy

His little sister says he's shy.

Though she may have just meant that he's shy around girls. 

Edited by ShadOBabe

(edited)

Well, that's the magic of shipping for you.  :icwudt:

But much like what had said:

*Insert name of any two characters that are occasionally shipped*

WHYYY!!?

Because. I'm about tired of people asking questions like this... It doesn't matter how similar or dissimilar two characters may be: If someone likes the two and wants them to be together, you get a ship. That's why every ship happens, ever. And no, of course not everyone agrees, but that's how opinions work.

Also the magic of opinions. :catface:

But it's true; people are going to ship what they want.

No matter what you say or do, it's never up to me or you.

(song reference. 8D )

Or this person or that person. That brony or that pegasister. That person of a different fandom. You mash together two characters, and it's ship. Even as a crack-ship.

No matter how much we may question any shippings people will think of both ships that you can see working out and ships that make you go like "WHY?! I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE!" If people want to see two candy-colored ponies be socially awkward together, let them be. Their choice and free-will, after all. I think two people or characters being socially awkward together is adorable as much as the next guy or girl but I don't exactly ship FlutterMac. But people are free to.

:P

Hehehe. Anyways in all seriousness, I have a few ideas of why Fluttershy and Big Mac may be ship in the first place.

I say mainly people got the idea of them together because Applebloom stated so herself in the episode Hearts and Hooves Day that Big Macintosh is shy himself around mares when the Cutie Mark Crusaders were discussing over if Big Mac and Miss Cheerlie truly would make a good match since they were (kinda) being matchmakers in that episode. Which I guess what could have caused some fans, typically other pegasisters from what I've seen, the idea that Big Mac would make a better match with Fluttershy. Mainly because since they both shared the personality trait of being shy in their nature. So thinking since they shared one personality trait in common and them both being shy, many think that would be adorable and see them act socially awkward together.

Also, as good old @Steel Accord mentioned himself that Big Mac typically being a workharding and bold stallion yet also can be described as a gentle giant with Fluttershy the, well, shy pony with a heart of pure kind gold yet struggles with the timid nature of a rabbit. So that has everyone thinking they could share a great deal of things together in common and we can see them kinda working out together in a scenerio.

Though some people may find it silly because you can think of it as a typical damsel in distress play. Though you can think of it like that, Fluttershy does indeed has some very powerful inner strength (not to mention she's the element of Kindness :kindness: )

Dang. I wanted to say this myself as well.

Typically with Fluttershy's social anxiety-like problems and Big Mac usually plays as a role to comfort Fluttershy and calm her down.

Also the episode Filli Vanilli can be considered a episode for FlutterMac. Though Fluttershy mainly did it to help the poor helpless animals and other ponies who asked for more performances so they wouldn't be disappointed in the slightest. But Big Mac willingly allowed Fluttershy to continue singing when Big Mac's voice fully recovered. Not to mention when they both hugged each other in Zecora's hut.

Despite all of that, not much else to really say about Fluttershy being shipped with Big Mac. :mellow:

I dunno...

*whispers*

I honestly don't know why she wouldn't go with LITTLE Mac :blush:

D'aaawww. :adorkable: You and Fluttershy would be adorable together. :catface:

Edited by GoldKingdomKeyblade
  • Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...
(edited)

CheeriMac may be more canon but I like FlutterMac, too.

I'm a little weird. I like CheeriFlutterMac. Nothing's wrong with polyamory in my book. Besides, they're ponies.

We should add Discord to that train and everyone will be happy. Long live DiscoCheerieFlutterMac!

Though returning to the topic. I think the ship on itself isn't that wierd. I think popularity is very suprising. They had like one second interaction in Filli Vanilli yet there is twice as many fan arts than Fluttercord (with full episodes dedicated to them)

Edited by Conred

Listen, if Big Mac is being shipped with a smarty pants doll, I hardly think we should question why he's being shipped with his personality type (What little of it he has)

I honestly don't know why she wouldn't go with LITTLE Mac

Keep dreamin' fanboy :lol:

• Brohoof 1

large.png

Big Mac is already taken, sorry Fluttershy

Of course, had Filli Vanilli not had happened, I'd still call Fluttermac a load of bollocks, and even then the episode still just further established Cheerimac *shrugs*

• Brohoof 1

I havent read many fanfics with this ship. But if youthink about it the two are very similair...sort of. They are both kind and some what shy and care deeply for the ose they deem friends and or family. I also think Mac might be the one and only stallion who could bring Flluttershy out of her little shell