What did you think?  

205 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it!
    • I didn't like it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I enjoyed it.
    • I LOVED IT!!!

Did anyone else find the little story about Spike and Twilight's Hearth's Warming sweet?

OMG YES!! I thought it was super sweet. Plus I love how they fit a little bit of Twilight and Spike into most (if not all) episodes. I love learning of their past before the show starts. It makes them more "human".

Rooftastic??? Okayyyyyyy

You don't like it? Lol I thought it was funny.

So I'm totally shipping Marble Pie and Big Mac now!! They were so cute together!! I mean they are on the same vocal level even. I just see them sitting around sipping cider or something saying "Eyup" and "Mmhmm." It's a little predictable, but I'm loving how they are throwing those types of things in for the older audences as well.

And now the moment this episode aired, the marble pie x Mac ship was born. XD and I'm on board (pun totally intended)

OMG I saw that and my ship was long out of port. I loved seeing them together. Plus if the Apples and Pies weren't related before they may as well be now...But because of the fact that they are possibly related it makes me worried that we will never see anything come of it even though the "relation" is so far apart it doesn't really matter. I'm worried all kids are going to think is that "Ew their related" or something like that so the MLP fandom may never see them together....Thoughts anyone?

• Brohoof 2

I really liked this episode. Two things that stood out to me that no one has mentioned yet. First is the story at the beginning that had wendigos. I know they are different in mlp but wendigos are scary. Last thing is I really liked Maud's sense of humor this season. This part at the end when everyone was pushing the boulder cracked me up.post-31947-0-88757900-1445748277.gif

• Brohoof 6

I really liked this episode. Two things that stood out to me that no one has mentioned yet. First is the story at the beginning that had wendigos. I know they are different in mlp but wendigos are scary. Last thing is I really liked Maud's sense of humor this season. This part at the end when everyone was pushing the boulder cracked me up.attachicon.gif1008876__safe_pinkie+pie_animated_screencap_maud+pie_discovery+family_subtitles_spoiler-colon-s05e20_hearthbreakers.gif

Maud, the master of deception and trolling lol :P

Sooooooo, Houlder's Boulder was discoveed In a dragon’s nest, and the rock farm was built around it. Yeah, that boulder is definitely a fossilized dragon egg.

This opens up so many theories! Like the connection dragons have with the Pies. Or Spike's connection with the fossil egg. Or the Pies. The farm does seem to have a lot od crystals, and a mine, where undoubtedly, rocks with precious gems inside are harvested, and dragons like gems.....

• Brohoof 2

So, Marble Pie was born only minutes after Pinkie Pie. That means... SISTER! Soooo, you have a twin sister! Your thoughts have now betrayed her, too. If you will not turn to the Dark Side, then perhaps she will... 

Woah, sorry. Kinda went off on a tangent there. What're we talking about? 

• Brohoof 2

I thought this was a good solid episode. I was very happy to see Maud again. I thought she and Applebloom bonding over similar dreams was really cute.

Why is everypony getting all uptight over Marble and Big Mac though? If they are related, it's so far back in the family tree that it can't even be proved. Legally and morally, there is absolutely no problem. Any genetic tie is so far removed, that by no sense of the word could it be considered incest. Biologically, they would count as total unrelated strangers.  Fluttershy better step up her game though. I have a ticket to cruise on the good ship Flutter-Mac!

• Brohoof 1

I really liked this episode. Two things that stood out to me that no one has mentioned yet. First is the story at the beginning that had wendigos. I know they are different in mlp but wendigos are scary. Last thing is I really liked Maud's sense of humor this season. This part at the end when everyone was pushing the boulder cracked me up.  https://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=177622

This what I'm talking about when I said I was losing my mind. I feel like I can hear her talking and it's freaking me out.

sig-4175543.1009366__safe_shipping_blush

They're not cousins. Or maybe they are, and this is just an Apple family tradition.

And I can't believe there's already fanart of these two. Those shipper people sure don't waste their time.

Edited by IcefireInfinite
  • Brohoof 2

Not bad.  Not bad at all.

Good story, good message.  I really liked meeting the rest of Pinkie's family.  I absolutely loved Marble.  It's a shame that we barely got to know her, or any of them for that matter.  Too many characters in this episode and not enough time.

I think it would just be the tops if Marble and Big Mac started going out.  Those two are adorable.

Why is everypony getting all uptight over Marble and Big Mac though? If they are related, it's so far back in the family tree that it can't even be proved. Legally and morally, there is absolutely no problem. Any genetic tie is so far removed, that by no sense of the word could it be considered incest. Biologically, they would count as total unrelated strangers.

Yes, exactly.

I did kind of have a slightly sour feeling for the whole episode, though, because it annoyed me that either family was so uptight about traditions in the first place, simply because I think that traditions are stupid to begin wtih.  Now, don't misunderstand, if it's something you want to do, because you enjoy it, that's totally fine, but it's when people feel compelled and pressured to do things just because it's tradition, and for no other reason, that's when it gets stupid.  I've known many people who have complained about having to do some holiday tradition, like putting up a Christmas tree, and not one person in the family wants to  (and they're not even having relatives over or anything), but they do it anyway, just because "it's what you do".  That's ridiculous.  Only do it if you want to.  Both families should have just said, "Whatever!  Tradition shmadition!  Let's just do whatever everyone wants!"  Who the buck cares if it's what you've done in the past!?  Why can't you mix it up a little?  I basically hate the idea of traditions altogether, though, because it's a social construct that compels people to repeat arbitrary actions, which, though not always harmful, can often oppose positive change and progress.  It's just a mindset that needs to change.  Do what makes sense, for some logical reason--and that logical reason could be as simple as "because it's fun," or "because I want to".  But "because that's the way it's always been done" is not a valid reason.  If we continued to do everything the way it's always been done....whoo boy, that's...uh...that's a world I wouldn't want to live in.  My rant for the day.

Another noteworthy thing of note is that they're obviously planning ahead by jumping us through time.  This episode was suddenly winter, and next will be Nightmare Night, which means we will have skipped through at least a whole season in one episode.  Obviously, this is to prevent a glaring continuity error when the foal is born.  I.e. only two days have passed since the big announcement or something.  So, that's great and all, but it surely means that they're doing exactly what I hoped they weren't doing--Twilight is just going to get a letter saying the foal has been born, come visit.  They're not going to have a pregnant Cadance appear on the show, which I was really hoping for.  I knew it wouldn't happen, but one has hopes.  I was also really hoping we'd get some actual, real character development of those two before the foal is born.  Again, probably too much to hope for.

Too bad Twilight didn't come with the Apples.  She could have lifted Houlder's Boulder like nothing.  Example #267894 of how everything in this show could instantly be solved with magic! ;)

• Brohoof 3

It's strange to have a Christmas episode in October.

Pretty good episode but a bit boring (Pinkie Pie was funny, but the episode looked a lot like Pinkie Apple Pie and Maud Pie).

Big Mac and Marble Pie are so cute tohether. :wub:

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Loved this one~ It sure got me jolly. :P So many good parts, hard to tell which is my favorite! I liked that we got to see Pinkie's other sister, Limestone is probably my second favorite. She's so grumpy, heh. Marble was also pretty adorable, she kinda reminded me of Fluttershy though. Also, new ship confirmed, I guess. :P

And now that song is playing on repeat in my noggin lol

Shipping goggles remove all possibilities beyond "they should be together", its the nature of the shipping mindset. 

since when did blushing equal "I wanna do yu like they do on the Discovery Channel. ", and not plain, simple embarrassment?

It's nothing to do with "shipping goggles". Blushes alone might be ambiguous, but in this case, the blushes combined with the smiles kind of put it beyond doubt that it's an attraction reaction.

Deny it if you like, but it's pretty clear that's what they were going for in this episode.

The episode was eh. I was completely caught by surprise and put off by the holiday episode right here before Halloween. I like the suggestion of saving it for Christmas time and watching it then. Maybe discovery will replay it during that time.

I didn't care for the premise at all. I think it could be offensive to families who might identify in any small way with the pie family. To me, granny smith was making fun of them to their faces in a couple of scenes. I personally don't like it when one type of family or identity is portrayed as being sub-par. The pie family's traditions were clearly made drab, boring, and unacceptable which using that as a way to insult a fundamentalist type of identity (which is generally considered religious) is just a cheap shot. Even if the moral is that the Apples were in the wrong, it doesn't matter, the damage is already done. I think the writers should rise above that and have come up with better premise. Applejack certainly should have been ashamed and so should Hasbro and the writers. And the climax at the end having to do with the boulder seemed oddly placed and forced as the quick resolution of a new shared tradition.

Also, limestone pie was gilda's voice which drove me nuts. I do think Marble pie was adorable and I also don't want to see kissing cousins but I know it is absolutely inevitable.

Ready for the next episode, this one was forgettable.

Edited by Lexamena