Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why did you first watch MLP?

NullAccount

I started watching it because I was told about them. So I decided to give it a try and then I watched season 1 in a night.

Then season 2

Then waited for season 3

Then waited for season 4

Then waited for season 5.

I just really liked it.

I first starting watching it because I played tf2, and there were heaps of bronies that played that game, and the particular server that I played on 24/7 would always have fights between bronies and anti-bronies, I supported the bronies because there were the regulars on the server and they were also my friends. Later on, I decided to try it out since my friends and I aren't much different in personality, so there must be something about that I find interesting.

A friend told me that it was a good show and sent me a link to the episode Sonic Rainboom and after watching it I instantly wanted to see more mlp....i began watching it on netflix from season 1 episode 1 and soon enough i got involved in the fandom and im glad i did. i love it

I started watching it because I was told about them. So I decided to give it a try and then I watched season 1 in a night.

Then season 2

Then waited for season 3

Then waited for season 4

Then waited for season 5.

I just really liked it.

So you spent 9.5 hours non-stop watching all 26 episodes in the first season all in one night?

Annoyed curiosity. Kept seeing the girls everywhere so I decided to watch an episode and find something to verbally bash fans with.... Major failure. Plan backfired, and the cat was killed. Pinkie's *overdramatic gasp and gone* had me rolling on the floor, 'Bloom's pout "aren't ya gonna stay fer brunch?" with those big puppy eyes cracked my heart, and Rare's big (talking about canterlot) blue b-e-a-utiful eyes were the proverbial nails in my coffin. 

I was curious and bored.  My sister has liked it almost since the show began I think.  She has always tried to get me to watch it with her but it wasn't until a month ago that I actually started watching it and now I am just IN LOVE with it!  :love:

Earlier today I came across a post about why someone would start watching MLP, and that caught my interest. I searched the forums for a topic about this, but found nothing. This is why I'm asking you now, why did you ever watch MLP in the first place. For me it was just to ease my curiosity about bronies and why anyone could like it.

Hi, as this topic is about when one first came across the show, it has been moved to show discussion.
  • Brohoof 1

I just happened to be watching TV and since nothing else was coming, I watched Princess Twilight Sparkle.

I did not know about the existence of a fandom, I just found it on myself.

Hi, as this topic is about when one first came across the show, it has been moved to show discussion.

Hello! Sorry about that. I wasn't sure where it should go, so I just assumed it would go there. My bad. Thank you! :D

Hello! Sorry about that. I wasn't sure where it should go, so I just assumed it would go there. My bad. Thank you! :D

No worries. There is no judgement with moderation, especially of this nature. We're just here to do our best to make sure everything is in the right place, which in turn can help promote better discussion, but leave it to us moderators to worry about that stuff. If you aren't sure where to put a thread just start it where you think is best and if it's not in the proper place we'll handle the rest. All you need to concern yourself with is having a great time discussing ponies with your fellow Bronies.;)
  • Brohoof 1

Earlier this year I was beginning to get into animation, rewatching shows I used to watch like Gravity Falls or Steven Universe. I knew around this time that I would eventually have to watch MLP, since it's so popular. I had a friend who was into the show at the time (who no longer is a fan), who recommended me a good episode to start off with, which was 'Party of One.' I thought it was pretty good and asked for another, and he gave me 'Lesson Zero'. A few months later I've seen every episode, all the EQG series, and now have another show to call one of my favorites.

I started watching the show in August of 2014. I had just had knee surgery, and needed something lighthearted to watch to keep me distracted. I found My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on Netflix, and watched the entire show that week. Ever since, I've been a huge fan.

In all honesty, I entered the fandom relatively late.  It all started a few years ago when I came across a YouTube video by TheFineBros called "Teens React to My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic".  Before then, I was hardly aware of the show, but upon viewing the video was shocked to find out that it had a strong following of teen and adult men.  Now keep in mind, the first exposure I ever had to My Little Pony was the godawful Generation 3 from when I was a kid and when I found out about the Brony following, I was suffering from the scars of G3 and telling myself "No!!!  Why would they like a show that nauseously girly?"  However, even after seeing the teens' reaction to just the opening of the show, I found a lot of their objections to be very shallow and superficial and I thought that just showing the intro and a couple of MLP memes is not the best exposure to give as a first impression.  Over the next couple of years, I found out many things about the show from small bits of exposure to it in the media.  The animation from the show, I noticed, was very pretty to look at and easy on the eyes even reminding me slightly of Anime.  Then I discovered that some of my childhood icons like Lauren Faust and Tara Strong were involved with the show.  Then, at one point, one of my brothers simply mentioned that Weird Al Yankovic was starring in one of the episodes.  But what finally got me to watch it was the fact that my other brother started watching the show off of my Netflix account.  He stopped watching the show after about 5 episodes, but I was still curious.  I figured that there must be something to this show if he was able to get that far before stopping.  So I watched it from the beginning in February of 2014 and by the following month I had already watched the first 3 seasons and the Equestria Girls movie.  From that point on, I was hooked.  I later asked my brother why he stopped watching the show to which he replied that he "remembered that he was a dude" which I thought was pretty shallow but then again I'm not going to force it on him.  I actually have a 4 year-old brother who enjoys watching the show with me.  He'll ask to watch it in my room and we'll watch 1 or 2 episodes at a time.  He's currently on Sleepless In Ponyville and I enjoy those moments when we're able to bond over something as simple as this show.

It was around 2012 for me, I was hanging out with a particular group of people, and someone in that group was a huge fan. Gosh I would've been, what, 13 then? Feels like a while... Anyways, I started watching it, and I really got into it. But after a while, I got disconnected with that group of friends, and lots of stuff I was into that they introduced me to sorta fell off my map. I really just started re-watching the show a few months back, but it's like riding a back, the spark never really leaves. Now I'm glad I'm back, and exploring new aspects of the fandom I never got into back then. It's been a ride.

Back in the early 1990s I was the night clerk at a convenience store here in Phoenix.  MLP Tales was on the local TV when I got home, so I would eat breakfast & watch it  About 2 years ago I was babysitting a niece & gave in to her demands to watch cartoons.  So, it turned out to be the new MLP (Cutie Mark Chronicles) & it was interesting enough I watched the others

Edited by sweetolebob18