Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why did you first watch MLP?

NullAccount

Earlier today I came across a post about why someone would start watching MLP, and that caught my interest. I searched the forums for a topic about this, but found nothing. This is why I'm asking you now, why did you ever watch MLP in the first place. For me it was just to ease my curiosity about bronies and why anyone could like it.

• Brohoof 1

i first watched it because a friend told me there was something as being a bronie, so watched a fieuw episodes (one year before i came to this forum) and i also told midnightfrost about it. he also started watching mlp and became a full bronie where i was not really doing anything with it, i really started watching after i came here. i came her before i really was a bronie to be honest. i was more of a fandome bronie as for the actiual show. 

• Brohoof 1

Twas year 2014..

I was messaging one of my closest friends (He told me he watched MLP and back then, I didn't give a thought about it)

He was always encouraging me to watch it and like every first timer My reaction was "No, isn't that for little girls?" :confused:

Soo, He sent me a link that fateful day "Hey man you gotta watch this"

And of course, I refused his first request..

And the second..

And the third..

And the fouth...

And so on and so forth..

Until.. my phone was soo full of his spamming, I went "Whatever, I got nothing better to do anyways"), and I remember my exact reply

" Fine, I'll watch it if it makes you happy" :pinkie:

The very first episode was "Secret of My Excess"

My friend asked me afterwards "Who was your favorite pony?"

After a while I chose Rarity

So he sent me another Rarity episode

And that was my second episode "Sweet and Elite"

And I watched another, and another...and by the end of the week I had already memorized the mane 6's names  :ooh:

So in a nutshell that's how I came to be. We're both still the only bronies in school though, and I still kept silent about it  :kindness:

Few months ago he moved schools so I had noone to discuss the show with...

We're still in touch though and we chat VERY VERY often :please:

I was bored so I watched a couple of episodes and discovered that the show is actually pretty decent.

It was! The animations were great, the characters were adorable :pinkie:

and It's been a long long time since a decent show made me laugh..

• Brohoof 3

My interest in MLP started with xxHomerSimpsonxx's Pony Thread Simulator videos on Youtube.  I can't recall why I started watching them but they were hilarious.  

Later, Dish Network lost the rights to Cartoon Network for a while due to a dispute with Time Warner.  They replaced the channel with Discovery Kids.  One afternoon I caught the last couple of minutes of Rarity Takes Manehattan and I was like "Hey, that's that Rainbow Dash pony that all the people in Homer's vids want to inseminate."  

Then I watched a couple of episodes, mostly out of curiosity.  Then I started watching daily.  Then I was checking the programming schedule and making a point of being home to watch the show.

I didn't want to admit it but I found myself actually enjoying the show.  I tried to give up on it because it wasn't "manly" but I went into a depression and returned to the Herd two weeks later.  One day I admitted to my friends that I was considering becoming a Brony, purely for ironic reasons.  Then, before I knew it, I'd watched all four seasons and was excited to watch both EQG girls when their aired on Thanksgiving.

After that I purchased the DVDs, started frequenting Equestria Daily for news, looking for fan videos on Youtube, artwork on Deviantart, etc.  And finally I joined this forum and started socializing with you lot.

Edited by J. Brony
  • Brohoof 1

I watched it after my friends kept telling me to watch it back in 2012 or 2013. They kept trying to get me to watch the show for months and I always told them no. After constant times of them pestering me about it I decided to watch the show and see what it was about. After watching a marathon of the first three seasons that were out at the time, I ended up really enjoying the show. ^_^  

Edited by Dynamo Pad

I was searching through youtube and found some Brony meme videos.

Curious, I decided to check out the show and watched it online.

After a while I was hooked and started to follow the show.  And I was happen when I actually got the Hub/Discovery Family and could watch the show on tv.

Well Here's my story.

I'm from another forums called Ham-Ham Paradise (HHP) and animal crossing community (ACC) forums and then When I took notice of the MLP topics / Threads such as the topic of the show itself in ACC and the fan club thread in HHP, I was asking myself what's this MLP FiM and then when I looked around in youtube for some videos, I took the 1st look of the show and then I thought the show was for girls and then after watching more videos, It seems that the show caught my interest in watching it so when i looked at my TV cable for the show, I started watching it from my TV and recorded the new episodes only after I searched for the show on my cable's listings. but after watching more episodes, well It seems I got into the show by fans as well although it's mostly from HHP that got me into it so I started watching it like around december 8, 2011 like about 2 days away or so from secret from my excess episode (like around on thursday on that year). It seems that I was proved wrong by many fans, bronies, and pegasisters who watched the show before, but Thanks to them, I Loved the show. The Characters, The graphics, The story, the music,and the laughs,

I've probably told this story before, but I started watching the show because CR of ThatGuyWIthTheGlasses (now Channel Awesome) made a two part retrospective of the entire franchise up until that point. This was back when Return of Harmony first aired, and what he showed intrigued me.

Sure, by that point avoiding ponies was impossible but I never gave the show a second though until that point besides stumbling across "Look Before You Sleep" while channel surfing once. So one day I just decided to load up the first episode on Youtube and see how far this rabbit hole went. The rest, as they say, is history.

• Brohoof 1

I never even heard (herd?) of the show when the "Flutterguy" clip ended up in the Recommended area over on YouTube. I had been seeing random pony images around for a while, but didn't know where they were from. I watched it, and thought it funny and cute. Then I started wondering if it was some fan made thing, and was that the actual voice. I downloaded the entire season one and started watching, in order. I was very pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I was hooked by the end of the second episode. My only complaint? I still wish the battle against Nightmare Moon was a whole season wide story arc for season one. That's just the anime fan in me though. I became a Pegasister just in time. I only had to wait a couple of weeks for the beginning of season two! 

• Brohoof 1

Twas the year 2015. Me and my girlfriend had a bet when there was a stream going on about Super Smash Bros for Wii U. She thought there would be at least one character revealed to be DLC, I thought otherwise. If I won, she would watch the first two episodes of "Mighty Ducks" with me. But the stream confirmed Mewtwo would be DLC, so she won, and I had to watch the first two episodes of MLP with her. I liked it too much, and it stuck with me, and here I am now.

• Brohoof 1

I posted an advert online saying that I was open for music commissions, and this guy requested that I do a cover of some MLP songs. Up until that point I had been fervently avoiding the show because I thought it was stupid (out of ignorance), but he sent me a couple songs and I gave them a listen; to my surprise I enjoyed them quite a bit (Winter Wrap Up was the first song I heard, and man was it incredible). He then said I should watch it, which I initially refused despite his imploring. Later of my own volition, having enjoyed the music and being somewhat curious, I gave the first episode a go.

At first I actually didn't think that much about the show, it all seemed pretty jejune to me. Later however, towards the end of the episode when we see Twilight with her pillow drawn over her head both in frustration and to block out the loud music, and when Spike walks in with the lamp on the head and says they're playing 'pin the tail on the pony', that managed to make me chuckle. Then afterwards when Pinkie does her little "I've never been so excited!" speech, I laughed again.

I had walked away from that episode having somewhat enjoyed it, though I didn't touch it again for a while. A couple months later, my girlfriend and I were looking for some shows to watch, and I was like "You know what? We should give My Little Pony a go, I saw the first episode and it actually managed to make me laugh." Although she was skeptical, I insisted and say we could at least watch it under the pretense of watching it as a joke, and her and I could rag on it. Hesitantly she accepted, and we watched the first episode. Then the next one. Then we watched the next one. Well, two months after the fact we had watched every single episode there was to see, and by that point we were avid fans.

Edited by Makazi
  • Brohoof 2