Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What languages do you know or learn other than English?

konakona

Well, I know russian and ukrainian perfectly, as my native. Studying english. Almost perfectly understand, but speaking isn't so good. Polish is same. Trying in japanese. German only a little. But want learn latin some time in future.

Edited by Minos

I am learning French. I also know Hindi though I am still learning it, and Tamil (which for those of you who don't know is the worlds oldest language that is still widely spoken).

• Brohoof 1

I know Swedish, since it's my native tongue. Other than that, English and a bit German (I really need to study more German before I can claim to be good at it though, read it in junior high school, and that was some time ago.). 

I also want to learn Japanese, French, Russian and Spanish. Although I'm probably to lazy to do it wholeheartly.

My native language is french, I am learning english, I have a rather good level I think (Even if I make mistakes sometimes and that I have to work on my oral comprehension and on my horrible english accent xD) and I'm also learning spanish, but let's be honest, I'll never speak fluently spanish, I am not good at it and I'm not enough motivated xD

• Brohoof 1

The only language I'm fluent in is my native language of English.

I do know enough German to place out of my university's introductory and intermediate German classes, and I've taken a year's worth of Japanese. Of course, I'm not fluent in either.

• 4 years later...

Native language is Icelandic. I speak English, Danish and Deutsch I believe I can speak somewhat Japanese although doubt fluently but I try haha. Know some Hungarian not much though other then greetings and such.

• Brohoof 2

I speak English fluently and learnt French at school to a basic level (roughly A1 with how many words I forgot, I'm very rusty and wasnt ever that good in the 1st place)

I am trying to learn Dutch and Russian

German is my native language. English was programmed into me later and it's still updating. :fluttershy:

3 hours ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

Native language is Icelandic. I speak English, Danish and Deutsch I believe I can speak somewhat Japanese although doubt fluently but I try haha. Know some Hungarian not much though other then greetings and such.

Hallo! Wie geht es dir? :catface:

21 minutes ago, Cloudy Heart said:

Hallo! Wie geht es dir? :catface:

I'm doing good hehe though yes sadly I have not really used German much as I mostly go to Hungary as the house there is in the country side I mostly practice my Hungarian and German there lot of them speak German rather then English hehe. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
25 minutes ago, China (100% NOT China) said:

How does icelandish even sound and look like?

Very alien like yeah pretty much due to being old norse it doesn't really have much similarities to other languages. So you know it sounds like it's own language as it is, difficult to really show how it sounds other then youtube videos but they cringy. They literally are too over the top like yeah. So in my opinion best to simply listen to Icelandic music to actually hear how it sounds and looks haha. This country seriously cringes me to death.

This song shows Icelandic texts so makes sense to use haha. Mostly clear Icelandic. I mean yeah this isn't how youd normally speak it but the text still.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 3

On 6/13/2020 at 4:30 AM, China (100% NOT China) said:

How does icelandish even sound and look like?

My brother married one, so I get to hear it quite a lot. :fluttershy:

(edited)

My native language is romanian, and l really like speaking or writing only english more than my native language, even if l'm speaking slowly :adorkable:

So in short, l only know romanian and a little bit english. :grin:

Edited by Midnight Danny
Added more info.
  • Brohoof 2