Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What languages do you know or learn other than English?

konakona

Well, English is my first language, but I took Spanish and Mandarin Chinese throughout high school, and continued with Spanish in college. I'm decent at Spanish, but unfortunately lost pretty much everything I knew in Chinese. I also taught myself Irish Gaelic in high school, but didn't continue with it until recently. So I'm currently reteaching Irish Gaelic to myself. I love languages and have always been really interested in them. In middle school, I also took Italian and French, but I don't remember much from them other than the alphabet lol 

• Brohoof 1

German because it's my native language and spanish because we need a second foreign language for the abitur (the first foreign language I need is english). I had the choice between spanish, france and latin and I chose spanish because they is from all them my favorite. But at the moment, I don't learn spanish anymore because I have enough other stuff to learn which is more important for my graduation. 

• Brohoof 1

I forgot most of it. I also studied Latin in college.

From now on I'm just going to message you in spanish. The knowledge shall be retrieved from the cold grasp of oblivion.

Well, I'm a native spanish speaker, so there's that. Quite obviously I'm also somewhat experienced with english, and I'm currently planning to dabble on Russian, French or Italian in the years to come. For now I prefer to stick with english, the only language I actually deem useful in a global plane.

Edited by Shadow Beam

From now on I'm just going to message you in spanish. The knowledge shall be retrieved from the cold grasp of oblivion.

Oh please no! I'll butcher it horribly! It's been too long. D:

• Brohoof 1

Even though English is my primary language, I also speak the native American language known as Passamaquoddy because of my upbringing. I'm also in the process of learning German. I want to, at some point in my life, learn to speak either Mandarin Chinese, Korean, or Japanese.

Edited by Lance Shield
  • Brohoof 1

I know English and am pretty decent in French (just gotta get better at understanding accents)

I'm currently learning Spanish. My Spanish teacher is pretty bad though... all we do is grammar and we don't get the chance to speak it...

I've picked up lots of words/phrases in various other languages because I listen to music in different languages, but I can't really hold a conversation in anything other than English or French.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I speak Norwegian and spanish

And I can write in Nynorsk, Bokmål and Spanish.

I will start to learn Russian or Arabic soon. As those languages interest me. Not decided which ones yet.

• Brohoof 1

My native language is French, and I can speak and write English properly... well, I think, still training. ^^'

I studied Spanish for 6 years, but I was't really good. 

I'd like to study Swedish by myself in the future days, the culture and the language intrigue me. ^^