Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fan fiction that upset you?

Bendy

On 12/2/2015 at 3:50 PM, FlootahBabby said:

My first and only clop-fic.

I was 12 and the description said "clop warning" and I never knew what it meant. The fanfic is called My Little Slave and just reading everything that's going on, it's super screwed up in my opinion. I think it's worse than Cupcakes even though there is no death in it. Just a lot of perverted torture that I wasn't prepared for. EVERY single chapter I was disgusted and just doing things you would normally do when you freak out calmly (wiping your lips and moving backwards from wherever you're reading it). Now if someone dared me to read a clop fic, that would be the only one I will read because I know what to expect. I stopped reading it once when I heard about that case where 3 girls were trapped in this guy's basement for 10 years, but when I looked back at it, the guy was still writing chapters even AFTER that case. So yeah, I don't exactly read clop fics. I think back in 5th grade I was ABOUT to read a clop fic. Good thing lunch time came around.

Oh yeah, I've read another fic where Fluttershy gets violated. It gave me depression for a WHOLE WEEK. The one you've mentioned however...... if only you knew of it's "interesting" plot twist..... let's leave it that it changes the whole nature of the story :lol: 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a serious hatred for any fanfic that mentions death, mutilation, rape, xenocide, and genocide.

I also don't like My Little Dashie because it tries way too hard to be emotional and spawned a bunch of crappy Human in Equestria sequels.

No fanfic has exactly upset me in the long run but Cheerilee's Garden and its sequel were pretty bad. Should I be worried that people really do find writing violent fiction about a children's show a pleasant, relaxing hobby? Yes? No? I think I should.

I don't like fan fictions that take themselves too seriously. This is My Little Pony.

I don't like shipping. Not because I disapprove of others doing it, but because it grosses me out. They're childlike ponies.

It would be Rainbow Factory that disturbed me the most, because it was overly violent, and it it had no conclusive ending.

I read some weird shiz... the only thing that bothers me and my OCD mind is when fanfics only use OCs and dont even mention the pony friends we all know and love

:grin::P:pinkie::blush::icwudt::wub::sunbutt::orly::love:

It seems to take away the whole feel of the show when writers do this. Ive only seen a few where i the OC fic was done well.

Like if you agree

• 3 weeks later...

The only MLP fic I ever quit reading was a Christmas themed one, which didn't so much upset me, as it just annoyed me. It wasn't that it was sad, or grimdark, or NSFW, really. It was just that it suddenly became religious, and I really hate it when actual religion is brought into fanfiction. That said, I didn't bother to read it through to the ending, so it may very well have been a good fic. I just don't want any of the characters I like to be forcibly made into religious characters, especially one I'd consider least likely to be religious (Sci-Twi).

Once I read a chapter or so of this fan fic about Twilight Sparkle being in an asylum and having schizophrenia. There were SO MANY things wrong with this. Schizophrenics are NOT crazy and do NOT belong in asylums. In reality, stays in psychiatric wards (which are nothing like asylums, by the way) are rare and short. In the fic, Twilight was in there for ten years. That is utterly ridiculous, for a variety of reasons (insurance companies don't like to pay, stays in psych wards are very temporary and just make sure the person isn't in danger anymore, etc). What made it worse was that whoever posted this on EQD described Twilight as being "crazy" in the post. Absolute garbage.

I know this because I myself have schizophrenia and have been hospitalized in psych wards four times. The longest psych ward stay I had was less than two weeks. I was never put in a straitjacket or asylum, I was never "crazy", and I hate it when people spread false stereotypes.

Most recent fic I've read that upset me is this

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/301592/her-inner-demons

It is a good fic of character exploring for human Twi, what could really be in her mind for the constant abuse she endured on each scene in Friendship Games, Then why did it upset me? It's much more relatable than I'd like to admit :sunny: . Nothing I haven't thought nor experienced is left out there

No fic has really upset me. If it starts gettign to that point, I stop reading and move on.

There have been fics where I was disappointing in the direction and ending. I can't recall the name but it's spawned from Testing Testing 123. Twi figures out that Dashie is not just a fast learner, but a genius as well. So she tricks her into enrolling in a university, where she gets dragged away in comical fashion. How does it end? With Dashie becoming an old wizened pony in a far mountain retreat giving answers to travels, before kicking them out.

I didn't like the sudden shift into zany humor or that random ending. I get the end was made for laughs, but the first half played it more serious, and made Twi OOC. It could've gone somewhere, with Dashie trying to hide her intellect, thinking it's uncool to be an egg head and that egg heads can't be wonderbolts, while Twi tries to force her into what she thinks is best: applying to a university and using her knowledge to help Equestria, instead of just being a stunt jockey. 

There could've been some deep character conflict, and the author chose the easy way out. 

I know it's already been said here by other individuals, but I really can't stand a lot of grimdark fics. Some of them try to hard to be dark, to the point where it just gets cheesy, and others succeed at being dark without being cheesy but I can't stand the thought of ponies being quite like that. It's a lose-lose situation for me. So, I don't like Cupcakes. I don't like Rainbow Factory (the song is good, though). I don't see myself ever reading Lil Miss Rarity.

Now, my reaction is never quite as strong as some people. Some people are fairly traumatized by those fics. But for me, it's merely a matter of taste.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

That was an oooooold tumblr ask blog, did it get turned into a fanfic?

Huh. I always thought it was also a fanfic. Upon further research, it looks like there's no story by that name on Fimfiction. Not sure about EQD.

Looks like there are some fanfics inspired by it, though.

Just now, Prospekt said:

Huh. I always thought it was also a fanfic. Upon further research, it looks like there's no story by that name on Fimfiction. Not sure about EQD.

Looks like there are some fanfics inspired by it, though.

I thought so, like I said, it’s a really old blog, got shut down for content violations, I think. Doesn’t surprise me it inspired some fics, it wasn’t just straight up gore like with Cupcakes or Rainbow Factory, there was a pretty serious creepiness to it. Still wouldn’t recommend it to people, though.

• Brohoof 1

I couldn't possibly say when it comes to non-pony fic, but as for fimfiction...

I don't remember the name of it, and don't really want to (although I think it's a semi-well-known grimdark pony fic), but the general gist of it was Big Mac being a disgusting murderer of a couple young fillies and doing terrible things to the bodies. I hope I never stumble across that one again... :eww:

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos

3 minutes ago, TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos said:

I couldn't possibly say when it comes to non-pony fic, but as for fimfiction...

I don't remember the name of it, and don't really want to (although I think it's a semi-well-known grimdark pony fic), but the general gist of it was Big Mac being a disgusting murderer of a couple young fillies and doing terrible things to the bodies, pretty much in that order. I hope I never stumble across that one again... :eww:

it's sweet apple massacre, i knew it was to be bad, but i didn't know bad it was

• Brohoof 1

Any fanfic that places an OC into the spotlight with the Mane 6 as if they have been with them the whole time.

Edited by Nightmare Nye-t

The Hanging of Twilight Sparkle

Literally one of the best fan-fictions I have ever read, it takes you on a roller-coaster of emotions and though it is pretty dark, it really does a great job of getting you invested not only in the story, but also the characters that have been weaved throughout the story.  

• 2 weeks later...

I dislike the majority of the Conversion Bureau fanfics, because I just don't really understand how the concept of pony supremacists is acceptable with what the show is trying to promote.

I have strange relationship with Fallout Equestria, I think it's a really cool concept, however the original story has so many plot holes, that I find really ridiculous.

Any fanfic with too much cruelty, I just don't really like them. I feel like the author is trying to hard to be edgy or something.

Any fanfic where you are going to start questioning the plot, like what is happening is simply just wouldn't be happening without a serious explanation.

This one is a little silly because I dislike Anon stories. Anon isn't a real person he is a self insert for people to put them into the story.

Edited by Rebellious Rainbow

• 2 months later...