Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private After Destiny

Chaton

"We are not putting her back on the stuff, alright?" Solar snarled, getting right into Lightning's face, "The stuff is killing her, do you get that? What good is another shot going to do her?"

Solar frowned at her marefriend and put her hooves around her, nuzzling her shoulder.

"I don't like the idea of you taking another shot," she admitted, "No matter how small it is. The stuff is going to kill you, babe... but, what is it you want to do about it?"

Great Celestia, she's so thick-headed! "It's going to KILL HER if she keeps taking it to that specific degree! Morphine is used as a painkiller, alright? It's one of THE most important medications used in hospitals. However, if used with the frequency that it was with Amber, the brain develops dependency. And then the brain starts asking for heavier doses. So, if we do as I say, the brain should re-accustom itself to a non-addictive state. It's really all we can do. Or else, Amber will suffer withdrawal symptoms, which have much more chances of killing her than my plan! So, using your standpoint, it's a 'lesser of two evils' situation. Survival or death, take your pick."

"Guys, shut up!" Amber exclaimed, breathing heavily and holding her head. She sighed, her lips shaking as she tried to process her thoughts. She tried to find some answer, conjure up some plan to fix everything; but she couldn't. That was Scarlett's job. The one pony not here right now. She let out another quiet sigh, and sat back against her seat in silence for a moment. "Right now, I have no clue what I want to do. I sure as hell don't want to die, I sure as hell don't want to go back to my friggin' addiction, and I sure as hell don't want no unicorn's messing with my mind! Just....leave me alone..." She whimpered. "...leave me alone...."

"Guys, shut up!" Amber exclaimed, breathing heavily and holding her head. She sighed, her lips shaking as she tried to process her thoughts. She tried to find some answer, conjure up some plan to fix everything; but she couldn't. That was Scarlett's job. The one pony not here right now. She let out another quiet sigh, and sat back against her seat in silence for a moment. "Right now, I have no clue what I want to do. I sure as hell don't want to die, I sure as hell don't want to go back to my friggin' addiction, and I sure as hell don't want no unicorn's messing with my mind! Just....leave me alone..." She whimpered. "...leave me alone...."

Solar was absolutely shocked at Amber's reaction. Not exactly at the response itself - it was totally understandable that she'd be frustrated - but that it was also directed at her.

"A-Amber..." she muttered, beginning to tear up as she felt a nervous lump form in her throat.

She turned to look at Lightning, watery eyes glaring icy daggers. "There, we're not cuddling and shit now. You finally happy?"

Solar was absolutely shocked at Amber's reaction. Not exactly at the response itself - it was totally understandable that she'd be frustrated - but that it was also directed at her.

"A-Amber..." she muttered, beginning to tear up as she felt a nervous lump form in her throat.

She turned to look at Lightning, watery eyes glaring icy daggers. "There, we're not cuddling and shit now. You finally happy?"

Lightning felt bad for Amber, but quite furious at Solar. "What the hell is your problem with me? What did I ever do to you? I just want to help Amber with her addiction, and all you've done is get mad at me, saying 'Don't do this or that'! What IS IT WITH YOU?!?!" Lightning narrowed his eyes at Solar, and huffed at her.

(OOC: You've done got the SPARTAN-IV stallion mad)

Selene closes her eyes silently, waiting for the inevitable as she just sits there, cuddling with you for some amount of comfort. Her skin turns back to its cool gray, as she becomes completely calm and focused, accepting her fate aboard this doomed ship.

I smiled as much as I could given the current situation and carried on stroking the little fish pone. "Hey, so. Is there anything you wanna do? We have a few minutes before we plunge to our deaths into the fiery abyss we call a star." I am so good at speaking to people.

Lightning felt bad for Amber, but quite furious at Solar. "What the hell is your problem with me? What did I ever do to you? I just want to help Amber with her addiction, and all you've done is get mad at me, saying 'Don't do this or that'! What IS IT WITH YOU?!?!" Lightning narrowed his eyes at Solar, and huffed at her.

(OOC: You've done got the SPARTAN-IV stallion mad)

"You wanna know what my problem is?" Solar growled, and narrowed her eyes, teared up still, at Lightning, "You wanna know what my Celestia-damn problem is?! I'll tell you what the buck my problem is!"

She prodded a hoof on his chest. "My problem is, I have been alone my whole life. No real family, no friends, just a damned power suit and no clue on how to use it. When I got here, I found two things; my mother - who happened to be jumping through time and space - and a mare I actually consider the first friend I've ever had in my life, and my marefriend."

A tear ran down her cheek as she continued. "And now my mother is going to burn alive on a damned space station and my marefriend has a morphine addiction that could kill her. And what's your answer? Give her more of the stuff!"

She put her hooves together, almost touching. "I am this close to losing the only two ponies in the multiverse that I've actually been able to get close to! You have no Celestia-damned idea what that's like, do you, soldier boy?!"

"You wanna know what my problem is?" Solar growled, and narrowed her eyes, teared up still, at Lightning, "You wanna know what my Celestia-damn problem is?! I'll tell you what the buck my problem is!"

She prodded a hoof on his chest. "My problem is, I have been alone my whole life. No real family, no friends, just a damned power suit and no clue on how to use it. When I got here, I found two things; my mother - who happened to be jumping through time and space - and a mare I actually consider the first friend I've ever had in my life, and my marefriend."

A tear ran down her cheek as she continued. "And now my mother is going to burn alive on a damned space station and my marefriend has a morphine addiction that could kill her. And what's your answer? Give her more of the stuff!"

She put her hooves together, almost touching. "I am this close to losing the only two ponies in the multiverse that I've actually been able to get close to! You have no Celestia-damned idea what that's like, do you, soldier boy?!"

"S-Solar....I-I..." Amber stammered weakly, tears welling up in her eyes. Something just...clicked in her head. Everything cleared for a second, the chaos and noise drowning out as her focus was solely on Solar. This pegasus...this beautiful mare...somehow it hadn't fully clicked in her mind before this point but she realised, truly, how much she loved her. Her heart skipped a beat as she stared at the pegasus with bright, blue eyes. She took in her beautiful mane, the soft coat that glowed amongst the greys. She just remained in her seat with her mouth agape and eyes wide open. 

I smiled as much as I could given the current situation and carried on stroking the little fish pone. "Hey, so. Is there anything you wanna do? We have a few minutes before we plunge to our deaths into the fiery abyss we call a star." I am so good at speaking to people.

Selene pauses, looking off in the distance quietly.

"... I wanna help the people on the shuttle. They sound worried, and angry. I wanna make sure they're OK."

... This raises a lot of questions. The narrator would post a meme, but that is frowned upon in the society of narrating folk.

Lightning was quite shocked by these words. "You know what? THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD IT! I can't help anyone with anything, because, apparently, I'm a CRUEL, UNMERCIFUL SON-OF-A-BITCH who doesn't give a DAMN about the situation of OTHERS! FINE! BE LIKE THAT!!! I should NEVER have TRIED TO HELP!!!" Lightning stormed to the front of the shuttle. He soon broke down into tears. Why does this ALWAYS happen?!?! I just wreck things!

Selene pauses, looking off in the distance quietly.

"... I wanna help the people on the shuttle. They sound worried, and angry. I wanna make sure they're OK."

... This raises a lot of questions. The narrator would post a meme, but that is frowned upon in the society of narrating folk.

"I wish I could help in the shuttle as well. They do seem agitated." I stopped because I had just realised something. "Wait a moment. Wait a god damned moment. How do you know that they're worried and angry?" Can she sense emotions like I can? Maybe there's some relation to changelings in the Vashti species.

Lightning was quite shocked by these words. "You know what? THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD IT! I can't help anyone with anything, because, apparently, I'm a CRUEL, UNMERCIFUL SON-OF-A-BITCH who doesn't give a DAMN about the situation of OTHERS! FINE! BE LIKE THAT!!! I should NEVER have TRIED TO HELP!!!" Lightning stormed to the front of the shuttle. He soon broke down into tears. Why does this ALWAYS happen?!?! I just wreck things!

Solar just let out an angry snort at Lightning's raging to the front of the shuttle.

Yeah, go on. Buck off!

"..." she sniffled, and tears began flowing down her cheeks.

There's only one pony who screws everything up around here, and her name is Solar Dust.

"S-Solar....I-I..." Amber stammered weakly, tears welling up in her eyes. Something just...clicked in her head. Everything cleared for a second, the chaos and noise drowning out as her focus was solely on Solar. This pegasus...this beautiful mare...somehow it hadn't fully clicked in her mind before this point but she realised, truly, how much she loved her. Her heart skipped a beat as she stared at the pegasus with bright, blue eyes. She took in her beautiful mane, the soft coat that glowed amongst the greys. She just remained in her seat with her mouth agape and eyes wide open. 

She glanced aside to her marefriend, almost unable to look at her after her outburst. She had gotten her so mad just now, and now more arguing?

"...I-I'm sorry," she murmured shakily, sniffling and wiping her eye, "E-every time I try to help out, I just mess it up... I just don't want to... my mom's gone, Amber. You're all I have left..."

"I wish I could help in the shuttle as well. They do seem agitated." I stopped because I had just realised something. "Wait a moment. Wait a god damned moment. How do you know that they're worried and angry?" Can she sense emotions like I can? Maybe there's some relation to changelings in the Vashti species.

"I can hear them... Lightning's angry at 'Solar', but really sad, too... and the two ladies are really worried about each other... The... the one that's your daughter... she misses you."

Selene frowns with concern, turning a little... bluer. Also, the way she says it, it doesn't sound like just emotions...

"I can hear them... Lightning's angry at 'Solar', but really sad, too... and the two ladies are really worried about each other... The... the one that's your daughter... she misses you."

Selene frowns with concern, turning a little... bluer. Also, the way she says it, it doesn't sound like just emotions...

All right, her senses are stronger than mine. That is in a lot of detail. "At least someone misses me. They're probably just distraught that we're all about to burn." I'm a lovely person. "Sorry... Talking about feelings, how are you feeling about this whole thing?"

Mel, who had been slightly tuned into the conversation kept his eyes low as he watched Lightning walk away from the situation, crying. 'Why is he crying? What reason does he have to be in such a state? Tsk, his lack of understanding for basic interaction and the complications that come with the effects of a prolonged addiction is astounding. At least he back off, but that could have been handled with more, grace. Best to keep an eye on thing from now on.'

All right, her senses are stronger than mine. That is in a lot of detail. "At least someone misses me. They're probably just distraught that we're all about to burn." I'm a lovely person. "Sorry... Talking about feelings, how are you feeling about this whole thing?"

"I'm just really tired... all of this yelling and worrying and being angry and scared... I just don't feel like doing it anymore. I wanna... I wanna just go to sleep. Maybe when I wake up, I'll be an adorable little baby again, like all of the priests kept on telling me will happen, if I'm good."

She glanced aside to her marefriend, almost unable to look at her after her outburst. She had gotten her so mad just now, and now more arguing?   "...I-I'm sorry," she murmured shakily, sniffling and wiping her eye, "E-every time I try to help out, I just mess it up... I just don't want to... my mom's gone, Amber. You're all I have left..."

Amber simply raised a hoof to her lips to silence her, smiling weakly through the tears with trembling lips. "S-Solar....Please, I didn't mean anything against you, I'm just so tired of other ponies telling me what to do. I'm just...tired." She whispered, closing her eyes sadly. "I...love you so much. Don't ever think otherwise. I'm just...tired."

"I'm just really tired... all of this yelling and worrying and being angry and scared... I just don't feel like doing it anymore. I wanna... I wanna just go to sleep. Maybe when I wake up, I'll be an adorable little baby again, like all of the priests kept on telling me will happen, if I'm good."

Did she mean sleep as in just fall asleep? No, wait. She means when we die. Oh. I stroked her head a little again in the hope to calm her down. "Do you always hear what other people are feeling and thinking? I can imagine it might be quite crowded in there when that happens."

• Brohoof 1

Amber simply raised a hoof to her lips to silence her, smiling weakly through the tears with trembling lips. "S-Solar....Please, I didn't mean anything against you, I'm just so tired of other ponies telling me what to do. I'm just...tired." She whispered, closing her eyes sadly. "I...love you so much. Don't ever think otherwise. I'm just...tired."

"I know you are," Solar murmured, swallowing the lump in her throat and sniffling, "That's why I kept saying it's up to you what you want to do about it..."

She wiped her eyes and managed a weak smile. "So am I... you wanna sleep for a bit? I'm not exactly warm, but I'll be your pillow."

"I know you are," Solar murmured, swallowing the lump in her throat and sniffling, "That's why I kept saying it's up to you what you want to do about it..."

She wiped her eyes and managed a weak smile. "So am I... you wanna sleep for a bit? I'm not exactly warm, but I'll be your pillow."

"Yeah, sleep sounds kinda nice. I'm so tired, and you as a pillow sounds pretty damn adorable~" Amber grinned and snuggled up to her marefriend's side, moaning happily as she felt her fur coat against Solar's. "Actually, you are pretty warm." She cuddled the pegasus and enjoyed the warmth. Her breathing slowed and she closed her eyes.

"Yeah, sleep sounds kinda nice. I'm so tired, and you as a pillow sounds pretty damn adorable~" Amber grinned and snuggled up to her marefriend's side, moaning happily as she felt her fur coat against Solar's. "Actually, you are pretty warm." She cuddled the pegasus and enjoyed the warmth. Her breathing slowed and she closed her eyes.

The smile on Solar's face grew in size and legitimacy from Amber's cuddling up to her. "Hey, I'm supposed to be salty right now, stop making me smile~"

She let out a soft moan from feeling Amber's warm coat snuggle up to hers, and she unfurled a wing to wrap it around her marefriend.

"Well, I'm definitely warm now," she muttered, feeling herself blush.

• Brohoof 1

Did she mean sleep as in just fall asleep? No, wait. She means when we die. Oh. I stroked her head a little again in the hope to calm her down. "Do you always hear what other people are feeling and thinking? I can imagine it might be quite crowded in there when that happens."

"Well... it's kinda like with their voice. The farther away they are, the harder it is to hear... b-but sometimes, they're so loud that I hear it anyways..."

She pauses, lying back down on your lap, cooing quietly.

"You're quiet, though, like the flying robot. Does he have a name? I'm gonna call him Dinklebot, cuz that sounds cute~"

• Brohoof 1

"Well... it's kinda like with their voice. The farther away they are, the harder it is to hear... b-but sometimes, they're so loud that I hear it anyways..."

She pauses, lying back down on your lap, cooing quietly.

"You're quiet, though, like the flying robot. Does he have a name? I'm gonna call him Dinklebot, cuz that sounds cute~"

"His name is Spectre, but Dinklebot is cute as well." I adjusted myself so that she wasn't cutting off the blood supply to my legs. "But what do you mean I'm quiet? Do you mean my thoughts?" Now I'm curious, what are the limits of her telepathic abilities and why am I quiet?

• Brohoof 1

The smile on Solar's face grew in size and legitimacy from Amber's cuddling up to her. "Hey, I'm supposed to be salty right now, stop making me smile~"

She let out a soft moan from feeling Amber's warm coat snuggle up to hers, and she unfurled a wing to wrap it around her marefriend.

"Well, I'm definitely warm now," she muttered, feeling herself blush.

Amber looked up at Solar with a warm smile, kissing her fuzzy cheek softly. She relished any moment she could get to kiss the beautiful pegasus. "Well, I really need some sleep babe, so I'm just gonna-" She yawned quietly, wiggling a bit and getting comfy. "...sleep."

"His name is Spectre, but Dinklebot is cute as well." I adjusted myself so that she wasn't cutting off the blood supply to my legs. "But what do you mean I'm quiet? Do you mean my thoughts?" Now I'm curious, what are the limits of her telepathic abilities and why am I quiet?

"Yeah! You sound like you're mumbling really quiet and fast all the time, like, 'abubhzhhzhzhhhshhmhmhmhhhmh.'"

She giggles quietly, her tail swishing around a bit.

"And Dinklebot's just completely silent, like a rock. But... yeah. You two are the only ones who aren't always loud with their thoughts. It's... calming."

"Yeah! You sound like you're mumbling really quiet and fast all the time, like, 'abubhzhhzhzhhhshhmhmhmhhhmh.'"

She giggles quietly, her tail swishing around a bit.

"And Dinklebot's just completely silent, like a rock. But... yeah. You two are the only ones who aren't always loud with their thoughts. It's... calming."

"Well he's a robot. He doesn't exactly have thoughts you can see. And me, I'm quiet because I'm fast? Give me a moment." I began to run thousands of complex calculations to do with the ship through my head in the background and spoke to Selene again. "How about now? Anything?"