Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private After Destiny

Chaton

Okay. Okay, that's good! That means that we can just talk to them as soon as we get out of the star!~

Selene smiles and bounces around, still ecstatic from the rush of survival.

"Let's call them as soon as we possibly can, alright? We can't let them get too far away!"

"Yea, we need to do that!" I said before going to stand directly in front the window. I jumped up and leant on the railing, looking at the star we were flying through. To do this yet not feel anything of heat or gravitational forces, it's astounding. How did they do it?!

• Brohoof 1

"No..." She mumbled in response. Amber had been awake for hours, desperately closing her eyes trying to allow herself entry into the realm of sleep. But she had no such luck. The pegasus began to move, twisting and turning in her seat before finally opening her aching eyes to look at Solar. "I don't feel like m-moving..." She continued in a weak voice, smiling warmly from the kiss.

"Okay," Solar whispered, snuggling Amber up closer with her wing wrapped around her, "We'll stay here till you feel like going out."

Lightning looked at the two mares. "Solar, I think it's best for you to stay with Amber until she feels like coming out. She's been through a lot, and she's probably just tired because of our argument. On that note, I'd like to apologize for what happened. I was so caught up in trying to convince you that my plan was the best. But I forgot to listen to what you thought. And, for that, I'm sorry."

Wow, he had a good idea for once, she snickered jokingly in her head.

"Don't worry about it, it's cool," she muttered, her voice a little raspy from her outburst before, "I'm sorry too."

• Brohoof 1

"Yea, we need to do that!" I said before going to stand directly in front the window. I jumped up and leant on the railing, looking at the star we were flying through. To do this yet not feel anything of heat or gravitational forces, it's astounding. How did they do it?!

Selene watches you quietly, looking out at the inside of the star as well.

"Wow... it's like... a cave, but made out of fire and lava and stuff..."

She just continues staring quietly, the lights coming back on in the background while you two marvel at the scene before you.

@

Crystal walked to the exit of the shuttle and stepped outside, taking in a lungful of real air for once well in a while anyway. "Well this seems ok I suppose?" As she looked around at their new home planet.

@@Mario3D13,

Sapphire left the three of them to talk as she too also exited the craft and looked around walking over to Crystal. "So this is home now?"

"That it is Sapphire."

"Seems ok I mean a little barren but ok."

"...Yep." 

"Okay," Solar whispered, snuggling Amber up closer with her wing wrapped around her, "We'll stay here till you feel like going out."

Wow, he had a good idea for once, she snickered jokingly in her head.

"Don't worry about it, it's cool," she muttered, her voice a little raspy from her outburst before, "I'm sorry too."

@1Bit and @Unicorncob,

Lightning was relieved to know that Solar was forgiving him. The last thing he needed was an enemy.  "Okay then. I'm gonna head on out and scout the area. If y'all need anything, just call me, and I'll be right over, okay?"

@Mentis Soliloquy,

Lightning trotted off and stood beside Sapphire. "Well, here we are. I'm gonna scout out the surrounding areas. Wanna tag along?"

Selene watches you quietly, looking out at the inside of the star as well.

"Wow... it's like... a cave, but made out of fire and lava and stuff..."

She just continues staring quietly, the lights coming back on in the background while you two marvel at the scene before you.

I stared outside at the fiery abyss. "The lava is deeper in the star. If we flew through that we would get stuck."

As suddenly as it had started, the event ended as we emerged from the star. After a few moments of drifting, the whole ship shook as the engined came back online and started to push the ship forwards.

"To engineering!"

I stared outside at the fiery abyss. "The lava is deeper in the star. If we flew through that we would get stuck."

As suddenly as it had started, the event ended as we emerged from the star. After a few moments of drifting, the whole ship shook as the engined came back online and started to push the ship forwards.

"To engineering!"

You see little more than a cartoonish blur as Selene sprints down the hall, heading over to engineering. Damn, she's a speedy little thing!... Maybe that could be useful later on, for sending messages around if you don't have access to the radio system or the ship's communication arrays.

@@Mario3D13,

Both Sapphire and Crystal looked to Lightning. "Well I suppose so, we'll need somewhere to well start I guess I mean the shuttle is somthing for now, but we look for food and water we need to see to things like shelter and where and what we can farm if this is to be our new home..." She looked back to Solar and Amber, before she continues. "For a pair of soldiers those two are hopeless I have not a clue how they made it in the military." 

"Sapphire that was cold."

"Crystal I know I am, but there are 16 of us and one AI that's it, we have no or little supplies and we can't have a pair of love sick puppies..." She paused. "They will have to pull their weight or they can leave..."

"Are you going to tell them?"

"I hope not too, I'd like them to step up now Scarlett is not around to kiss their asses, we must all step up or we will all die."

"Well you can count on me Sapphire." 

She looked back to Solar and Amber, before she continues. "For a pair of soldiers those two are hopeless I have not a clue how they made it in the military." 

"Crystal I know I am, but there are 16 of us and one AI that's it, we have no or little supplies and we can't have a pair of love sick puppies..." She paused. "They will have to pull their weight or they can leave..."

"I hope not too, I'd like them to step up now Scarlett is not around to kiss their asses, we must all step up or we will all die."

"First of all," Solar spoke up out of nowhere, her eyes darting wide open, "I'm awake, and heard every word of that."

She gently set Amber so she was propped up on her chair before getting up, and stomped up to Sapphire to confront her.

She had had enough of everypony getting in her face for trying to do what she thought was right. Time to put Sapphire in her place.

"Secondly, I'm not a fancy-ass soldier like you," she spat, her eyes bloodshot and tired as they narrowed at the mare, "And I'm sooooooooo sorry about that. Pardon me for being a totally normal pony with average intelligence and no combat training, like everypony else in the universe should have, according to most of you."

She stepped forward again, her nose almost touching Sapphire's as she glared ice-cold daggers. "Thirdly, you didn't have to watch your mother - the mother you haven't seen once in your life until a few hours ago - get condemned to burn alive in a wrecked space station. You don't have a marefriend who you love to death and are trying your hardest to help recover from a morphine addiction. YOU have no Celestia damned idea who I am, or what I've been through, since you've been so busy thinking high and mighty of yourself because you can bandage a few cuts. Whoop-de-bucking-doo. Come back to me when you've had to spend your entire life completely alone with nothing but a high-tech suit you have no idea how to use."

@@Mario3D13,

Both Sapphire and Crystal looked to Lightning. "Well I suppose so, we'll need somewhere to well start I guess I mean the shuttle is somthing for now, but we look for food and water we need to see to things like shelter and where and what we can farm if this is to be our new home..." She looked back to Solar and Amber, before she continues. "For a pair of soldiers those two are hopeless I have not a clue how they made it in the military." 

"Well you can count on me Sapphire." 

"First of all," Solar spoke up out of nowhere, her eyes darting wide open, "I'm awake, and heard every word of that."

She gently set Amber so she was propped up on her chair before getting up, and stomped up to Sapphire to confront her.

She had had enough of everypony getting in her face for trying to do what she thought was right. Time to put Sapphire in her place.

"Secondly, I'm not a fancy-ass soldier like you," she spat, her eyes bloodshot and tired as they narrowed at the mare, "And I'm sooooooooo sorry about that. Pardon me for being a totally normal pony with average intelligence and no combat training, like everypony else in the universe should have, according to most of you."

She stepped forward again, her nose almost touching Sapphire's as she glared ice-cold daggers. "Thirdly, you didn't have to watch your mother - the mother you haven't seen once in your life until a few hours ago - get condemned to burn alive in a wrecked space station. You don't have a marefriend who you love to death and are trying your hardest to help recover from a morphine addiction. YOU have no Celestia damned idea who I am, or what I've been through, since you've been so busy thinking high and mighty of yourself because you can bandage a few cuts. Whoop-de-bucking-doo. Come back to me when you've had to spend your entire life completely alone with nothing but a high-tech suit you have no idea how to use."

Ugh, not THIS again! Lightning immediately stepped in. "Girls, girls, please! We can talk about this later. For now, let's focus on settling down and surviving. Then, once we have THAT outta the way, we can discuss personal matters. Now, I am taking tactical command of all military personnel, not that it really matters. That means that, technically, Flame, Amber, and Sapphire, are now under my jurisdiction. However, if y'all have an idea, I'm all ears. At this point, I'm ruling nothing out. So, what should we do first?"

@@Unicorncob@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Flame quietly disapproved with the disagreements, between now and the arguments in the ship they seemed to have no end, the regularity of such things were starting to concern Flamestreak greatly. Of course, one could be fooled into thinking the opposite, as he casually walked in between the two mare's. Pushing Solar back considerably since she was the most agitated.

"Y'know, with all these arguments. It makes me wonder if there's even any reason to try and find food. We'll just fight over it, and in this kind of setting. Those small fights could turn deadly. Please can we just calm down before this all escalates? Is that too much to ask?

@@Unicorncob,

Sapphire barely responded. "I did mean for you not to hear that, but none the less you did..." She sighed. "I did not mean now, I mean your actions in general...but we don't get on you you'll think me wrong anyway, but I will not fight, nor argue you heard my words. Pull your weight, or leave we will not pull it for you..." She stopped talking to Amber and looked to Lightning.

@@Mario3D13

"We should go scouting it is a good idea, unless. Amber anything you care to add?" Sapphire was being tactility minded at this point emotions would get no where so she ignored them, she was acting regardless of what verbal flak she was getting.

@,

Crystal looked to Flame, she was worried but said nothing at this point.

Edited by Mentis Soliloquy

You see little more than a cartoonish blur as Selene sprints down the hall, heading over to engineering. Damn, she's a speedy little thing!... Maybe that could be useful later on, for sending messages around if you don't have access to the radio system or the ship's communication arrays.

"Damn, she's fast" I said before making a few small teleport jumps to engineeringengineering. I quickly propped myself up onto a console and began furiously hitting the butting and dials trying to find the controls. "Gate control, life support, destiny internal communications... Ah ha! Destiny external communications! We have power!"

I slammed my hoof down on the button and a stream was opened to the shuttles control panel "Is anyone therethere? Does anyone copy?"

@@Ethan Sawyer, Specter had not moved or spoke since the shuttle had landed. Being well out of his zone of usefulness. He felt unneeded and rather useless. 'Such is the life of a machine eh?' His silence was broken when the communications received a transmission from the last place he had expected. Destiny. 'Wait? What? The ship survived. How? What? Did I overlook something? Is this even passable? Stop blabbering you useless robot and respond.' 

Specter accessed the communications within the shuttle and responded as quickly as he could. "I'm gonna be honest I've never been so happy as to have made an oversight on this scale. You're alive! And from this talk we're having it seems that Destiny is back to a high level of power. I think I understand what it is I didn't think of. The Ancient always had a solution for every issues didn't they? Sorry, blabbering on again. It fantastic to see that you and everyone else survived. I know someone down here needs to have some good news. Excuse me for one moment. I'll be right back, keep this transmission open."

@@Unicorncob,  Specter flew into the area of the ship that Solar was in, he could see that something sort of major happened between everyone, but now was not a time. "Solar. I think you should come up to the cockpit for a moment. I think we may have something that will brighten up the mood here a little bit."

Solar snarled at Lightning, Flame and Sapphire's comments for her to calm down. "I have every perfect reason to be salty right now, thank you very much. The whole reason I didn't do much back on that ship was because nopony ever gave me anything to do!"

Specter flew into the area of the ship that Solar was in, he could see that something sort of major happened between everyone, but now was not a time. "Solar. I think you should come up to the cockpit for a moment. I think we may have something that will brighten up the mood here a little bit."

She blinked and looked up at Specter, who told her to come to the cockpit of the shuttle. With another indignant snort to her arguers, she trudged after the robot to the front of the ship.

"What is it?" She grunted.

• Brohoof 1

Solar snarled at Lightning, Flame and Sapphire's comments for her to calm down. "I have every perfect reason to be salty right now, thank you very much. The whole reason I didn't do much back on that ship was because nopony ever gave me anything to do!"

She blinked and looked up at Specter, who told her to come to the cockpit of the shuttle. With another indignant snort to her arguers, she trudged after the robot to the front of the ship.

"What is it?" She grunted.

You immediately hear Selene as she hops onto Scarlett's back and shouts into the microphone.

"HEY LADY! WE'RE NOT DEAD!~... You should probably get everyone over there to turn around and come back onto the ship, cuz it turns out that we were actually supposed to go into the sun."

• Brohoof 2

You immediately hear Selene as she hops onto Scarlett's back and shouts into the microphone.

"HEY LADY! WE'RE NOT DEAD!~... You should probably get everyone over there to turn around and come back onto the ship, cuz it turns out that we were actually supposed to go into the sun."

Solar was stunned silent, instantly recognising Selene's voice over the shuttle's intercom. Her eyes bulged wide in shock as she just stared at the speaker.

"Y-you're...?!" She gasped, her anger making way for hope as she scrambled for the microphone, "I-is mom there?! Mom, can you hear me?!"

Solar was stunned silent, instantly recognising Selene's voice over the shuttle's intercom. Her eyes bulged wide in shock as she just stared at the speaker.

"Y-you're...?!" She gasped, her anger making way for hope as she scrambled for the microphone, "I-is mom there?! Mom, can you hear me?!"

"Yes oh my god I am here! Are you okay? Did you land properly? Wait, nevermind. Get everyone back in the shuttle and get back up here. I don't know how long we'll have before we jump back into FTL!"

I was grinning at the console, happy that both parties had survived.

"Yes oh my god I am here! Are you okay? Did you land properly? Wait, nevermind. Get everyone back in the shuttle and get back up here. I don't know how long we'll have before we jump back into FTL!"

I was grinning at the console, happy that both parties had survived.

Solar had to fight back another flow of tears, ones of joy this time, from hearing Scarlett's voice again. She couldn't just be hearing things - they had survived somehow! "O-okay, we're coming!" She practically yelled.

She sped back to the others, a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Everypony, we need to get back to the station!" She cried, her front hooves pointing frantically at the cockpit as she hovered in the air, "Everypony survived! Mom and Selene and the ship and everypony else! The station's still there!"

Amber was woken from her slumber by the cacaphony of shouts around her. She slowly opened one eye and searched around until her gaze fell upon an excited Solar, happily bouncing around yelling about something. So darn cute...

"Um, Solar?" She spoke up, unfurling her wings and stretching her limbs. "What's got you so excited?"

Amber was woken from her slumber by the cacaphony of shouts around her. She slowly opened one eye and searched around until her gaze fell upon an excited Solar, happily bouncing around yelling about something. So darn cute...

"Um, Solar?" She spoke up, unfurling her wings and stretching her limbs. "What's got you so excited?"

Solar shot a look at Amber the moment she asked her question, and the red-headed pegasus grabbed her marefriend into a tight hug in mid-air.

"They're all alive!" She cried, her chin resting on Amber's shoulder, "I don't know how but they made it! Mom and Selene and the whole station! They were just on the shuttle intercom talking to me! Everypony's alive, Amber!"

Solar shot a look at Amber the moment she asked her question, and the red-headed pegasus grabbed her marefriend into a tight hug in mid-air.

"They're all alive!" She cried, her chin resting on Amber's shoulder, "I don't know how but they made it! Mom and Selene and the whole station! They were just on the shuttle intercom talking to me! Everypony's alive, Amber!"

The pegasus blinked. She blinked again.

Then a wide smile spread across her face and a warmth spread throughout her entire body. "Oh my goodness, yes!" She exclaimed gleefully, returning the hug and squeezing her marefriend's body tightly. "I can't believe it! I can't even begin to think- h-how...how is it even possible?!" 

I shouted into the mic at the shuttle crew. "We can hear you! And to answer your question, thethe long version is that the ship absorbs energy directly from the sun which charges the battery and the shield up due to the equal charge from the sun and the shield."

I paused for a moment.

"The short version is that the ship went nom nom on the star."

The pegasus blinked. She blinked again.

Then a wide smile spread across her face and a warmth spread throughout her entire body. "Oh my goodness, yes!" She exclaimed gleefully, returning the hug and squeezing her marefriend's body tightly. "I can't believe it! I can't even begin to think- h-how...how is it even possible?!" 

"I-I don't know!" Solar cried, sniffling with joy, "But, they're all okay!" She squeezed Amber tighter, not feeling his happy in a long time.

I shouted into the mic at the shuttle crew. "We can hear you! And to answer your question, thethe long version is that the ship absorbs energy directly from the sun which charges the battery and the shield up due to the equal charge from the sun and the shield."

I paused for a moment.

She snickered at Scarlett's description, and nodded at her marefriend. "Well, you heard her. Nom nom." She punctuated it with a long kiss on Amber's lips.

There's still a chance... we could still go home...

@,@@Mario3D13, @@1Bit, @@Unicorncob,  

"This is not gonna be a good start..."

She sped back to the others, a huge grin plastered on her face. "Everypony, we need to get back to the station!" She cried, her front hooves pointing frantically at the cockpit as she hovered in the air, "Everypony survived! Mom and Selene and the ship and everypony else! The station's still there!"

"What!?"

"No Really?!"

"That's not possible!"

Sapphire sat backwards. "How did no one see this!?"

"Dose it matter, they are all alive!"

"Well that is rather good news I do say." And now the love birds can go back to being useless out of my face at least.