Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you REALLY date a pony?

Nylon

I'd prefer to be a pony, but I definitely would! From what the show has, they aren't much different. They don't even look like actual ponies that much, with their expressive eyes and unnatural colors, so it doesn't matter to me.

• Brohoof 4

Being interracial would bother me too much so I have to say no. It wouldn't be a problem (if our personalities didn't clash or all that) if I was a pony myself, but that wasn't the case here.  :o

I'm not really the romantic type of person so I'd probably not do that. Instead, I'm most likely to remain friends with said pony and eventually wish them luck on finding true love elsewhere.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely would still date a pony, I'd even prefer dating one over a human. They're more attractive. The idea doesn't bother me in the slightest, because to this day nobody has provided a good reason to me as to why it'd be wrong. Mostly I just see "It's gross!", which is a good personal reason for why you wouldn't want to date a pony, but I don't think it's gross so why should your personal reason apply to me or anyone else?  

The only other argument I tend to see is the "Bestiality" one, which is just ridiculous. These ponies can talk, laugh, sing, dance, write books, etc. They are just as intelligent and emotional as us, that is a completely different thing than dating a horse from our world. This argument seems to be based solely off the physical body, completely ignoring the mind and how important it is.

I'd actually like to see a real, good reason as to why it'd be wrong, as most people who seem disgusted by this idea appear to be that way because of a knee-jerk reaction.

Edited by BasementSea
  • Brohoof 3

I was pretty sure i posted in this thread before, but i guess i didnt... :wacko:

Would i date a real life Pony? No. Of course not.

Would i date a Mlp one?

It depends. How would they look like in our World? I have seen some more realistic drawings that looked creepy and i saw some more realistic drawings that looked cute, so...cant say for sure. ( and yes, i might sound like a scum bag, because i just said, it depends on how someone looks like...at least im not denying that i am a scum bag )

If those Creatures would be sapient, clean themselves, have mannors and what not, i dont really see the Problem.

And seeing how apparantly many Humans, hate a lot of things that we have to, i dont see why it would be gross.

According to the Internet ( or at least Wikipedia :lol: ), its even weird to like a human vagina, so why should i care?

Apparantly im disgusting anyway.

If there is a chance to get a old enough mature sapient Girlfriend, than i would not mind, dating a My Little Pony.

Except if they would look creepy.

And if someone says, this opinion is wrong, i wont argue because i know that they are right.

But i personally dont mind.

Im lonely and have problems talking to People, if they would be a chance of getting a relationship, i wouldnt say no.

• Brohoof 3

I'd actually like to see a real, good reason as to why it'd be wrong, as most people who seem disgusted by this idea appear to be that way because of a knee-jerk reaction.

The thing is, this whole conversation is just strange to begin with since Equestria and its sapient ponies are all fiction. It's just as strange a question to ask as "would you date a fictional character?" How does a real person date a fictional character? It just doesn't make any sense in a real-world context.

• Brohoof 1

The thing is, this whole conversation is just strange to begin with since Equestria and its sapient ponies are all fiction. It's just as strange a question to ask as "would you date a fictional character?" How does a real person date a fictional character? It just doesn't make any sense in a real-world context.

It makes perfect sense. Just stop and think "What if Equestria and it's ponies were real? Would you be willing to date them then?" Just consider for the purpose of the question a scenario where the fictional characters weren't fictional.

If a fictional character like Twilight Sparkle was real, I'd totally date her.

• Brohoof 2

It makes perfect sense. Just stop and think "What if Equestria and its ponies were real? Would you be willing to date them then?" Just consider for the purpose of the question a scenario where the fictional characters weren't fictional.

If a fictional character like Twilight Sparkle was real, I'd totally date her.

Heh. Honestly, that should have been the title of this thread from the very beginning.

Sure, OP did make this clear in the first post but not many people seem to bother reading more than just the title -- especially when the thread breaks past the first page.

Heh. Honestly, that should have been the title of this thread from the very beginning.

Sure, OP did make this clear in the first post but not many people seem to bother reading more than just the title -- especially when the thread breaks past the first page.

I suppose, I just found it kind of obvious though. The title of the thread alone instantly makes me think of the "If they were real?" part. That just felt like the more logical assumption to me, and I would have found it more weird if the thread said otherwise.

• Brohoof 4

I suppose, I just found it kind of obvious though. The title of the thread alone instantly makes me think of the "If they were real?" part. That just felt like the more logical assumption to me, and I would have found it more weird if the thread said otherwise.

That's just it: it isn't obvious to everyone from the get-go. >_>

That's just it: it isn't obvious to everyone from the get-go. >_>

Most people seem to have gotten it, it seems to me most people are talking as if the ponies were "Real", and answering according to that.

I could see how that might cause confusion in some though, depending on how you think. I'm fairly used to "What if X was real?" conversations, so that's where my mind goes with a topic like this.

• Brohoof 3

Ponies are just superior waifus.

My mind says no but my heart says yes.

Actually how big are ponies in Equstria? They always seem like there smaller than real life ponies. Then again in the Friendship Games bloopers Rainbow Dash rode the pony Rainbow Dash. So maybe the messed up scale is just from fan artists.
  • Brohoof 2

This argument seems to be based solely off the physical body, completely ignoring the mind and how important it is. I'd actually like to see a real, good reason as to why it'd be wrong, as most people who seem disgusted by this idea appear to be that way because of a knee-jerk reaction.

Well, there is the fact that most likely both sides in a cross-species/cross-dimensional relationship wouldn't biologically match up, if you get my gist. So there's likely a bit of natural repulsion there ingrained into most minds from years of evolution. Since that's not genetically important towards the growth of a species it's seen as outside the norm and likely for good reason.

Then there is the smaller fact that they are cartoons. Ponies do look a trifle bit spongy. Nearly boneless, I can assume that might feel funny to even so much as hug were that the case.

But that's not what the question was.

It's DATING a pony. Just simply spending time with a pony & showing mutual interests.

I feel that many, especially in recent culture, seem to feel that relationships & sex are one & the same and its really not. You can have a deep, meaningful relationship without having any opinion on their actual physical form. Though it does help to not be utterly disgusted at the thought. Golly, can even go the other direction too, you could be physically attracted solely because of their personality & the moments you've had together that involved just genuine attention & empathetic talks.

I mean logically speaking... I'm male & I don't have any experience or familiarity with the female form. Body parts are going to be just as foreign regardless of you being a female human, mare or sentient lamppost! I cannot logically see the importance to attribute meaning towards something as potentially temporary as physical attractiveness. It still happens of course, but I hardly deem it important enough to shoot down potential suitors. What I feel is far more lasting is an emotional connection. To me, long as its clear that your capable of genuinely caring for me, that's all I need to give you an equal amount of a shot.

...well, okay, two other things If you'll allow me a bit of shallowness.

To paraphrase the great JonTron!

She needs ta have eyes! ...I ain't sayin' she's ugly or anything, I just wouldn't have sex with 'er!

Regardless of what shape your in, or some kinda wobbly alien mass, if you got eyes on there somewhere to be expressive with then I'm willing to give you enough of a chance to not run screaming the moment I see you. Lol.

Also. No monkies. If you look vaguely monkey-ish, your clean out the running. I'm sorry, I'm just heavily Speciesist against monkeys & I know myself well enough that that will never change.

....Stoopid Monkies...

• Brohoof 1

Totally! ...if I was a pony too, then I would gladly date Rainbow Dash, but since im human that would be strange and against alot of basic human moral or something xD I would really like to be a pony though