Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there anything you eat or drink that's gross to others?

cider float

I like drinking Diet Pepsi, coke zero, cherry coke, vanilla cherry Dr. Pepper. Yeah people find that weird especially when I like diet this and that but for some reason I just like unique flavors.

Also I like anchovy pizza. Not my first choice but I would eat it if it's the only pizza around.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

When it comes to food, I am a veeeeeery by the books kind of guy. I don't venture too far out of my comfort zone. :P Not sure if this counts but I do love spicy chicken sandwiches and a friend of mine cannot stand spicy anything. So there's that I guess. XD

• Brohoof 1

I think there was one where people didn't think that mixing Tajin and jasmine rice would taste good. It actually tastes AMAZING. Especially with a glass of Tropicana OJ. Hey, food all goes in the same place right?

I'm surprised by how few people like mushrooms (excellent cheap food for students) or green olives (not so cheap), both of which I really like. Rather unusual recipes I like include fish in an orange juice sauce with cornflakes. And although it isn't an exact recipe, I make 'leftovers pizza' - I put practically any spare food (other than fish, but including sausages, stale bread and suchlike) into and egg, flour and pasta-bake-sauce mix and bake it in a quiche-style pizza base (I would recommend it.) 

• Brohoof 1

I've recently gotten back into the diet drinks again, due to me...enjoying regular soda far too often in 2015. And somehow I enjoy Diet Coke more than Coke Zero now, and I always thought that it tasted like recycled battery acid.

Peanut Butter +:  I enjoy peanut butter too much. I also pair it with a few interesting things, the least weird being peanut butter & cream cheese on bagel or sandwich. Also, my super secret guilty pleasure is crispy tortilla chips dipped into peanut butter. So good, and needs to utmost of self-control to keep from going down a dark road from which one cannot return.

I enjoy Eggplant Curry a lot - spices and mushy eggplant mixed with yogurt. I also enjoy plain yogurt (not vanilla, but plain sour milk flavor), thanks to my Bulgarian/Armenian/Italian wife.

When I cook burgers...I sometimes dip a piece of bread into the burger grease and eat it before disposing. My Cuban uncle says that in Cuba they would make lard sandwiches, and I once had such a thing at a Polish restaurant, so I guess it's not too far off.

Every New Year's Day, I make black eyed peas and season each serving with one drop of insanity sauce. It causes my eyes to water and burn, nostrils to flair and all of my sinuses to drain to the point of pain, anger, embarrassment, all within that first bite. Second bite is good. After a bowl, I cannot taste for a few hours.

I eat raw tomatoes like they're apples.

I enjoy eating raw onions while drinking beer. Thanks to this place: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McSorley's_Old_Ale_House

I'm sure there's more...

• Brohoof 1

I like Brussels sprouts. A lot of people I know don't like them very much.

Yes! They're the best is cooked well. You should make Brussels sprouts cole slaw sometime.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know why but I love drinking soy sauce, I do it every time when I'm buying sushi in supermarket, each of my friends is saying them, that they don't know how I can drink it.

Edited by Yarishia
  • Brohoof 2

Apparently, some people think regular water is gross. I remember someone who said she couldn't stand water because it was tasteless and it had no flavor.

If she kept that stance for a long time, I'm sure that half of her teeth are fake at this point.   :please:

• Brohoof 1

One thing I like is Hot Sake (sah-kee) which is rice wine. I always get it when I go to a Japanese steakhouse place like Benihana. A lot of people don't like it or think it's too strong tasting.

Other than that, I don't like anything that would be considered weird/gross.