Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Songs that sound better with headphones

Frostgage

Do you have any songs that you prefer to listen through headphones?

I really love these two. With headphones you can hear everything that goes on in the background, and it separates certain instruments so they fade in and out of each ear.

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 1

Truthfully, I think all songs are better with headphones on.

I agree with this; it's pretty much what I was about to post. Then again, my computer has no speakers and I only ever use headphones when I listen to my music, so I guess I'm just used to listening to music with headphones anyway.

• Brohoof 3

One advantage of headphones is that, if you are in a quiet room at least, they always provide their 'optimal' listening experience. With speakers you have to take things like the size and shape of the room etc into account, and in my experience a decent set of headphones often outperform a decent set of speakers at the same sort of price.

However, imo, the perfect speaker setup will always outperform the perfect headphone setup - it's just harder (and more expensive D:) to achieve. But I love both, so I'm happy to use either :D

Well... I think most songs sound the best with headphones, however this one definitely improves the most:

Especially at about 1:43, as it feels like of the sound the beat is circling around your head!  :love: But the song sounds amazing all the way through!  :squee:

Edited by Wolves

I'd say anything heavy sounds so much better with headphones, mainly because you are then surround by the sounds of it all. Listening to a song that is intense, like Ghost Love Score, is invigorating with headphones. Makes me feel so at peace with the world. 

If you get the chance, listen to this song with headphones, a good pair especially:

Well, I prefer to have a decent hi-fi system with some greaa quality speakers myself - you'd get the same stereo effect and clarity. The only time I choose heapdhones over my hi-fi is if the album is mixed to suit headphone users - stuff like Avenged Sevenfold's self titled album. It's just designed to sound better for headphones, probably because they think that the biggest audience would enjoy it on portable devices.

Truthfully, I think all songs are better with headphones on.

Same, here. I like being able to hear the instruments (and voices, if applicable) to the highest degree possible.

• 6 years later...

I always listen to songs through headphones. I think what determines what device makes the song sound better depends on the device's stats and the song's stats. For example, a headphone may be better than a speaker because that specific headphone amplifies bass while the speaker focuses more on treble, and the song is bass-boosted. Or maybe a speaker is better than a headphone because that speaker is higher quality than the headphone. It varies from situation to situation, and I think that it all comes down to stats.