Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponies Are Superior To Humanity... but

Bendy

Could there be an alien race just like the ponies?  

22 users have voted

1. 1. Is it possible for aliens to be just like the ponies?

• Some alien race could just like the ponies.
    • It's impossible. No alien race could ever be like the ponies.
    • Unknowable.

Ponies Are Superior To Humanity, but only by totally unrealistic standards that could only exist in a cartoon.

Wouldn't you agree? Or do you believe there could be an alien race out there somewhere just like the ponies?

Less wars and all that stuff. I have a feeling that pretty much any sapient minded species behaves rather similar to humans out there in the universe. I doubt an all peaceful hippy alien race does exist.

Even if there is an all peaceful, hippy alien race exists, who live in a perfect garden world and have 100% green energy and blah blah blah. And somehow gets the ability to travel the stars with ease.

If they meet a warlike, industrious alien race, while they pollute the hell out of their planets, they also build massive armies and would have vast numbers of space ships to overwhelm their enemies. Along with better military experience.

Topped off with the ability to travel the stars. So, the hippy aliens would likely be destroyed or enslaved pretty easily by them.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

You are talking about an alien race with the heart of ponies as opposed to the form of ponies.  In that case then yes, there is nothing that stops such a race from being the winner in their galaxy or part of the galaxy.

Geological time is HUGE.  If it took such a race 100 times longer to get to the point where it was ready to colonize space from the industrial revolution than a more militaristic race, it would make no difference at all in practice.  100, 1000, a million years difference between civilizations is marginal compared to the billions of years available. 

@@Bendy,

And you said you weren't going to be reading anymore of those fics, is this seriously ALL that you think about? 

If you seen most of my fan fictions/posts it's not the only thing I talk about. Yes, I admit, I talk about it a lot, but do you have something against me talking about mary sue/gary sue Equestria?

Granted yes, I need to move on from that pile of rotten apples from this community. 

Edited by Bendy

Minor point I dispute: I don't think ponies are superior to humanity.  :) Though I'ma not get into that, haha.

If said aliens come in a varied assortment and high enough in number to get a good bit of each type, well... there's bound to be some like ponies, some worse than humans, some in between, and some better than ponies, regardless of what you're judging them by.  :lol: I could see aliens that behave similar to ponies, sure, but I think they'd be quite rare, a little bit more primitive (conflict drives progress), and probably non-magical. Interesting option to think about though, and they'd probably still be a lovely species.

Minor point I dispute: I don't think ponies are superior to humanity.  :) Though I'ma not get into that, haha.

If said aliens come in a varied assortment and high enough in number to get a good bit of each type, well... there's bound to be some like ponies, some worse than humans, some in between, and some better than ponies, regardless of what you're judging them by.  :lol: I could see aliens that behave similar to ponies, sure, but I think they'd be quite rare, a little bit more primitive (conflict drives progress), and probably non-magical. Interesting option to think about though, and they'd probably still be a lovely species.

Yeah, but we could have some aliens that just go around killing everyone. Wipe out an entire sapient species, with no mercy nor compassion. Followed by mining the alien's planets bare before moving on to commit genocide on another weak and non intergalactic civilisation. With the mindset of anyone who isn't them is be destroyed and their worlds to be harvested for resources.    

There could be some hope of an alien race that stops other aliens from killing everyone hopefully.

Edited by Bendy

@@Bendy, true, and that would be terrible, haha.  :P Though, unfortunately morality is an extremely subjective thing. The framework or system you view it through horrendously colors a species or group of individuals; that's part of why I don't think humans can be considered worse than ponies.  ;)

@@Bendy, true, and that would be terrible, haha.  :P Though, unfortunately morality is an extremely subjective thing. The framework or system you view it through horrendously colors a species or group of individuals; that's part of why I don't think humans can be considered worse than ponies.  ;)

There could be hope of civil war among the aliens. With factions within the aliens saying. "Jeez guys! I don't like this whole genocide thing. How above peace and love instead of war?"

*War breaks out between hippy aliens and warlike aliens.*

Edited by Bendy

If you seen most of my fan fictions/posts it's not the only thing I talk about. Yes, I admit, I talk about it a lot, but do you have something against me talking about mary sue/gary sue Equestria?

Granted yes, I need to move from that pile of rotten apples of this community. 

If you had something more cogent than just disgust, then maybe, but it's not like you even think humanity as you've said to me before. So essentially your outrage is more rooted in offense at the idea that an alien race could wipe us out due to our military strength rather than the loss of lives or culture.

Look, I'm not disagreeing in that I think elevating Equestria to something the canon shows us it is not, e.g. perfect and rid of all human ills while demonizing humanity is both tiresome and poisonous to one's soul. However, I simply implore you think on what posts of this nature might be beyond a simple rant. Entertain a serious question from your readers.

"This life, which had been the tomb of his virtue and of his honour, is but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
~William Shakespeare, Macbeth.

If you had something more cogent than just disgust, then maybe, but it's not like you even think humanity as you've said to me before. So essentially your outrage is more rooted in offense at the idea that an alien race could wipe us out due to our military strength rather than the loss of lives or culture.

Look, I'm not disagreeing in that I think elevating Equestria to something the canon shows us it is not, e.g. perfect and rid of all human ills while demonizing humanity is both tiresome and poisonous to one's soul. However, I simply implore you think on what posts of this nature might be beyond a simple rant. Entertain a serious question from your readers.

"This life, which had been the tomb of his virtue and of his honour, is but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Unless the humans are overpowered from Warhammer or some other 'Humanity F**K Yeah' universe. Humanity would probably lose even against the canon ponies with the same power from the show. But I think the canon ponies would never hunt down humanity to its last child. Sure, teach us a lesson, but I doubt they would fully commit to the complete and utter genocide of humanity, when we are on our knees and begging for peace.

They would see the fear in our eyes. Reach out and try befriend us, despite our savage nature.

That's if there was even a war to begin with.  

Edited by Bendy

it's possible. Anything is possible in the universe. 

As far as being dominated by a war like race? Not likely. As those war like races would have annihilated themselves. Races that are at peace with themselves don't develop such capacities for war. Like us, they develop through war with themselves. The one day they go too far and kill off the only foe they've ever known. 

Probably why we've never found contact with another advanced civilization. They're gone. 

Unless the humans are overpowered from Warhammer or some other 'Humanity F**K Yeah' universe. Humanity would probably lose even against the canon ponies with the same power from the show. But I think the canon ponies would never hunt down humanity to its last child. Sure, teach us a lesson, but I doubt they would fully commit to the complete and utter genocide of humanity, when we are on our knees and begging for peace.

They would see the fear in our eyes. Reach out and try befriend us, despite our savage nature.

That's if there was even a war to begin with.  

Okay, how does that relate AT ALL to what I said? This is what I'm talking about. There's virtually no argument because you have no real stance.

Okay, how does that relate AT ALL to what I said? This is what I'm talking about. There's virtually no argument because you have no real stance.

You said humanity could be defeated. I am well aware of that. There is pretty much nothing we could do against an alien race invading Earth. We would either be all dead or enslaved, no question. 

I suppose, I have (if that's what you want, I don't know) written seriously stories. I don't just write trollfics. I not sure if its the answer you are looking for, but I hope it can satisfy slightly. 

The perfect/mary sue Equestria is little more than a fantasy. No place could ever exist. It's complete make belief. Well, at least it's very unlikely to exist.

Edited by Bendy

You said humanity could be defeated. I am well aware of that.

I did not say anything of that nature.

Yeah maybe if you squint you could see that I made mention to humanity's defeat, but honestly, tell me, was that ALL you took from what I had to say?

I suppose, I just bring some stories (if that's what you want, I don't know) I have written seriously stories. I don't just write trollfics. I not sure if that answer you are looking for, but I hope it can satisfy slightly.    The perfect/mary sue is little more than a fantasy. No place could ever exist. It's compale make belief. Well, at least it's very unlikely to exist.

Yeah, thanks for reminding us of what everything from Plato's Republic to Bioshock has told us.

Edited by Steel Accord

I did not say anything of that nature.

So essentially your outrage is more rooted in offense at the idea that an alien race could wipe us out due to our military strength

I think you did. 

Yeah maybe if you squint you could see that, but honestly, tell me, was that ALL you took from what I had to say?

The William Shakespeare quote is very confusing to me. I'm not sure what to make of it. 

Yeah, thanks for reminding us of what everything from Plato's Republic to Bioshock has told us.

I guess. But those stories and post of mine didn't really get any inspiration from them. At least not deliberately.

Edited by Bendy

I think you did. 

Which I point out WHY it wasn't my point in the very next bar you quoted from me.

Yeah maybe if you squint you could see that, but honestly, tell me, was that ALL you took from what I had to say?

The William Shakespeare quote is very confusing to me. I'm not sure what to make of it.

"If brevity be the soul of wit . . ."

I guess. But those stories and post didn't really any inspiration from them.

No place could ever exist. It's complete make belief. Well, at least it's very unlikely to exist.

That's exactly what The Republic, to Animal Farm, to 1984, to Brave New World have said from thousands of years. Your point could be made much stronger if you actually took some inspiration from these works and similar. 

When it comes to intelligence and capability, is the way of men and equines truly the most efficient? Can we survive all the wonders and horrors of reality if most could not survive their own insignificance?

War? Each day our own bodies are at war with themselves. It is a dance that flows like raging water. Few learn the steps, but those who do, I wonder if they would agree that violence is a thing of lesser civilizations. I wonder if those who grow past themselves force their will upon nature or choose to imitate it, or perhaps the pinnacle of growth just means that one has become the other. Would such beings look at men and equines as something special, or would they look at us as we look at a river: a mere natural occurrence to be used and molded?

• Brohoof 1

Well I wouldn't say ponies are straight up superior to humanity in everything.

They don't even have internet or basic space travel. But perhaps they are better off without. XD

Hmm, you are a creature of contradictions, Bendy.

What happened to your standard "misanthropes suck" attitude?

Edited by ShadOBabe

The universe is very big and its still growing, so the possibility of a life form that specific like colored talking horses seems strikingly plausible. And, then of course theres also multiverses. Now I'm getting confused.  :confused:

If you talk the insanity of the multiverse there's an universe where everyone is Nicolas Cage. And other crazy things.

That's assuming there is even an multiverse.

Edited by Bendy

I'd say its more likely in a Multiverse scenario than an alien from another planet in this universe. 

If you believe in the idea that any possible configuration of the universe can and does exist, then a universe where all the perimeters required to make a planet like our show is absolutely possible, and not only is it possible there would be countless variations of that universe more numerous than all the fanfics we've ever come up with it. If you look up the concept "Library of babel", which shows that every possible book that has ever and will ever exist can be created from a mathematical formula, the multiverse basically would work in the same exact way. 

Granted yes, I need to move on from that pile of rotten apples from this community. 

Nah I know you're passionate about it and won't stop you from it.

Your thoughts does project a part of the fandom that is needing of ousting from time to time anyway.

Edited by cider float